Glasto '04 Vs Glasto 10

HenryW7

Which Glastonbury Performance did you prefer??  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Glastonbury Performance did you prefer??

• '04
    • '10

I voted '10 only because I was too young to remember '04

Then again, they were more fired up in '04 because Dom's dad had just passed away.

Don't get me wrong, The Resistance doesn't compare with Absolution, not at a festival gig anyhow. Being down at the front, the atmosphere certainly seemed as if people "cbf" with their latest songs.

It was still an amazing gig! Nothing else computes with it!

Then again, they were more fired up in '04 because Dom's dad had just passed away.

Dom's dad passed away after their Glasto appearance but even if he'd died before, how would that have 'fired them up'?? :wtf:

Don't get me wrong, stuff like Uprising and Hysteria were amazing this year but there just wasn't enough rock. The slow songs off The Resistance just don't excite me anywhere near like that piano section from 04.

Yeah there was some joining in with the sia and oy parts. Around me most people knew all the songs except CE and Guiding Light. Decent crowd though stockholm was a bit tame

They didn't know CE??!:eek::eek:

Wow, must not have been a huge number of real fans (by 'real' I mean the fans who would know at least some of the lyrics to CE), what a shame:(

Well some people only clicked that New Born was by Muse when the song started. Was standard festival crowd really, sing the ones you know and jump to the up tempo ones. Hence Gorillaz having a dead crowd and getting really mixed reviews

Don't get me wrong, stuff like Uprising and Hysteria were amazing this year but there just wasn't enough rock. The slow songs off The Resistance just don't excite me anywhere near like that piano section from 04.

True but Sunburn/AP/RBS with CE/B+H is close to the perfect piano section, so, y'know...

Muse played a stadium setlist at a festival show, so no wonder it was a little boring. 2004 was so much better. I can never get enough of SS in 2004!

..............although Chris is fucking cool with his pipe. God I love that man!

Definitely 2004, there is no contest. Even the performance of Citizen Erased was better in 2004, I still find it bizarre that it was cut from the DVD.

In 2004 Muse were in their prime, the performance was something special. There was nothing in the 2010 performance that gave me goosebumps in the same way as Ruled By Secrecy did in 2004.

Archived