Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

It does work both ways too.

I'm into Pink Floyd and a little bit of Genesis (my dad has obsession).

My family all have a decent taste in music actually. My youngest sister is into some of this poppy rubbish (Hannah Montana, HSM) but she'll grow out of it...please....grow out of it...

My oldest younger sister is into The Killers and Foo Fighters, which is pretty good, but not so much into Muse quite yet. She needs to hear more! I've already mentioned my parents.

I think I started getting into proper music as young as 10 years old. My first CD was A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay before I got into Athlete too for a while. I went through a Foo Fighters and then heavy metal stage before getting into proggy stuff. Muse became more and more appealing and eventually I got obsessed with them. It's two years now and I'm still obsessed! I hope it does wear off by the time I'm 17 because I'm at the stage where I love Muse so much I don't want to start to dislike them.

It does work both ways too.

I'm into Pink Floyd and a little bit of Genesis (my dad has obsession).

My family all have a decent taste in music actually. My youngest sister is into some of this poppy rubbish (Hannah Montana, HSM) but she'll grow out of it...please....grow out of it...

My oldest younger sister is into The Killers and Foo Fighters, which is pretty good, but not so much into Muse quite yet. She needs to hear more! I've already mentioned my parents.

I think I started getting into proper music as young as 10 years old. My first CD was A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay before I got into Athlete too for a while. I went through a Foo Fighters and then heavy metal stage before getting into proggy stuff. Muse became more and more appealing and eventually I got obsessed with them. It's two years now and I'm still obsessed! I hope it does wear off by the time I'm 17 because I'm at the stage where I love Muse so much I don't want to start to dislike them.

That basically sums up my obsession with Muse too :yesey:

• 2 months later...

umm my mum loves muse, when i say Dom she knows exactly who im reffering to!

my dad however takes the piss out of them but i think thats envy,he asked once when i was on the PC and i had Agitated playing, who it was, i was like :Muse "oh this is quite punky" he said lol:LOL: and that supermassive blackhole was good too:LOL: i think he finds a bit too unearthy. i dunno mum likes em thats all that matters.

wat

i showed this video i had of muse to my father a while ago, and he was really impressed. he listens to them quite a lot now.

he saw them live when i did as well.

not sure about my mother though - i think what music i like is the complete opposite of what music she likes, haha

wat

i showed this video i had of muse to my father a while ago, and he was really impressed. he listens to them quite a lot now.

he saw them live when i did as well.

not sure about my mother though - i think what music i like is the complete opposite of what music she likes, haha

Older people tend to live Barry Manilow.

I've played a few of my CDs in the car and my parents don't mind listening to them. My mom really likes the piano parts while my dad loves the guitar riffs and such. I also made my parents watch the Wembley DVD with me too which I think made them like Muse even more. Getting to see them perform their songs live and how they're just electric to watch. My mom and dad think Matt's funny looking though and that his voice is really strange. lol But they love Chris! "The strong silent type"

My dad came to see Muse with me. He loved them so much he was jumping and screaming around and afterwards he said to me "wow.. they were absolutely out of this world. They are without doubt the best band I have ever seen". He also said "That bloke 'enarf got a good voice" and "he can really play that piano, and that guitar"

haha still can't get over the fact Muse turned him into a screaming fan-dad :LOL:

My Dad isn't too fond of them,:rolleyes: and my Mum is indifferent. She likes Starlight and SMBH but she's never home so she hasn't heard any Muse really.

My Dad finds my obsession with them amusing because he doesn't find them that impressive. (:eek:) He doesn't insult them but he reacts sarcastically when I compliment them. It's so fuckin annoying.:mad: He says they aren't his "cup of tea" and I can tell that he isn't Matt's biggest fan.:rolleyes: It bugs me a bit because my Dad is a big music guy and he has great taste, so why doesn't he love Muse??xD

He has sincerely complimented Matt before though.

Mum and Dad just give it an ignorant shrug. I just don't pay attention really. One brother isn't bothered while another is bothered by their themes. Both my parents like Queen (I like them among others) but the older of my two younger brothers likes stuff by Linkin Park. I regulary get into musical arguments with a few Linkin Park fans at school as most of them don't like Muse.

One thing I used to love was playing 'Supermassive Black Hole' during Big Brother... though I ditched that. I do get in trouble with her though for playing Franz songs on a drum machine through it.

I have 3 bros and no sisters. My oldest brother loves 'em (he is the one who introduced them to me). I introduced them to my younger bro (11 years old) and they are now his favorite band, and for someone who doesn't care about music yet, only video games, he has pretty decent taste (Muse,:happy: Daft Punk, Foo Fighters,:\mm/: Gym Class Heroes, Offspring). Then there is my other older bro Ian, who only listens to rap and some heavier rock and punk, and he LOOOVVVVVES "Hysteria" and likes "Fillip" and says he wants to get more into them.:happy:

I am BY FAR the most obsessed with them in my family though. :D

Muse is a bit more popular. My older bro likes them a bit, my younger one likes some and my parents like them (a little). My dad has heard Starlight before, though I think he was unimpressed when I played it on my HAARP DVD. He has told my cousin to practice the guitar solo Matt does well towards the end of Invincible.

Well, my mom likes them a lot. She adores TIRO, FAWY, B&H and some other songs, and she has watched HAARP with me twice!

I thought that my dad would like them, but he doesn't really care. I once played Absolution in the car and he said they were good. I also made him listen to City of Delusion, Hoodoo and KoC and he was quite impressed. But nothing more. If I manage sometime to make him watch HAARP maybe he will really notice them.

I managed to introduce Muse to my mum and she now really loves them and sticks up for them if someone criticises them. I got most of my friends into them aswell, I gave a mixed CD with Sing for Absolution, Time is Running Out, Supermassive Black Hole and Dead Star to them and now they are fanatics like me :D It's great!!

The only time I think my parents have ever heard Muse was when, on a long car ride, my brother had his iPod playing out loud and Sunburn came on. (I didn't even know he liked Muse until then, and I'd been obsessed with them for about a year). My mom didn't really care or comment on it, and all my dad did was make fun of Matt's loud breathing between words.

And I believe there were also Radiohead comparisons :rolleyes:

Other than that, they never hear them because even though I'm listening to them constantly, it's always on headphones. I couldn't see them ever getting into it... my dad's music taste is decent but it's all older stuff like The Beatles and Bob Dylan, and my mom doesn't really listen to much of anything that I know of.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tried and ive failed. not surprising though when your mum listens to rubbish like celine dion *gag* and robbie williams *gags more*. However my brother does like some of their music even if he has some of the worst taste in music ever! listening to stuff such as rap and R&fuckingB, doesnt make much sense but im glad he does like some of it but i dont think he'd choose to listen to it, only if it came up on the radio or i started blasting it out of my room (pretty often) :D

Archived