Muse looking for Protesters for gigs

bunerz

(Nicked from Muselive :p)

http://www.20min.ch/news/bern/story/-Demonstranten--fuer-Konzert-gesucht-15338057

As a federal city Bern has enough demonstration experience. The British mega stars of Muse want to profit from that. At short notice they're looking for 70 "demonstrators" who will provide the opening of the concert spectacle at Stade de Suisse on Wednesday. "The show is to start with the performance of a mass protest", says Marc Reinhard from Good News. The musicians thought up the idea for this unusual opening part only in the last couple of days: Wild demonstrators, equipped with banners and posters, march across the stage protesting. "Participants need to be of age and have time to rehearse tomorrow evening from 17:30 onwards", says Reinhard. As a thank you the day after the demonstrator extras can enjoy the concert.

[cba to translate this bit] Meanwhile, at the Stade de Suisse about 140 workers to build up the brand new and unconventional construction stage are employed. But for 16 tractors were needed. In addition there are 33 trucks, herankarren the lighting and video technology. (google translated)

[lazy translation ahead] If you're interested send an e-mail containing your name, age and cellphone number to promotion@goodnews.ch. All positive answers and rejections wil be made by Monday evening.

Thanks Fuesch for the translation!

So that's only for the opening show then? It'd be fun if each show started like that.

I guess they'll see how it goes. I think someone mentioned acting as a demonstrator for the Milton Keynes rehearsal so it'll probably be like the HAARP haz-mat guys

I guess they'll see how it goes. I think someone mentioned acting as a demonstrator for the Milton Keynes rehearsal so it'll probably be like the HAARP haz-mat guys

Ah, right. Hopefully it'll go well then. I'd participate if they did that here too. :LOL:

:D LE TAP! :D

this does seem rather fishy... if Muse wanted a bunch of protesters, surely they would have thought to round up a bunch of people sooner and used their site to advertise. That's also a crappy Google translation, so I barely understood what was going on, lol :p

Lol- go for it! Only ever did French and Spanish at school so had no hope translating this by myself :LOL:

Good thing there's a link to the original, the Google translation didn't make much sense to me.

Okay, I'm finally done. WTF was I thinking offering translation help when I should be sleeping?!

As a federal city Bern has enough demonstration experience. The British mega stars of Muse want to profit from that. At short notice they're looking for 70 "demonstrators" who will provide the opening of the concert spectacle at Stade de Suisse on Wednesday. "The show is to start with the performance of a mass protest", says Marc Reinhard from Good News. The musicians thought up the idea for this unusual opening part only in the last couple of days: Wild demonstrators, equipped with banners and posters, march across the stage protesting. "Participants need to be of age and have time to rehearse tomorrow evening from 17:30 onwards", says Reinhard. As a thank you the day after the demonstrator extras can enjoy the concert.

[cba to translate this bit]

[lazy translation ahead] If you're interested send an e-mail containing your name, age and cellphone number to promotion@goodnews.ch. All positive answers and rejections wil be made by Monday evening.

So I guess when they talk of "tomorrow" they mean Tuesday although the article was posted on Sunday.

Good thing there's a link to the original, the Google translation didn't make much sense to me.

Okay, I'm finally done. WTF was I thinking offering translation help when I should be sleeping?!

So I guess when they talk of "tomorrow" they mean Tuesday although the article was posted on Sunday.

Thanks Fuesch- I've edited my original post to include your translation so hopefully it makes more sense to ppl! Hope that's ok :)

:D LE TAP! :D

Bazinga!!!! :LOL:

this does seem rather fishy... if Muse wanted a bunch of protesters, surely they would have thought to round up a bunch of people sooner and used their site to advertise. That's also a crappy Google translation, so I barely understood what was going on, lol :p

I really don't think it's fishy at all, seems perfectly legit. Think about it, those

pictures taken at Milton Keynes (of the placards saying "there is no one we can trust" etc., the new intro with the sirens and the slogans...

it all fits together perfectly in a "1984" type setting.

you know, if the band is looking for people to storm the stage in protest they should just open the gig with Feeling Good and they'd instantly have the stage overrun by a shouting mob ;)

I wonder if they'll give the protesters megaphones?

:chuckle:

you know, if the band is looking for people to storm the stage in protest they should just open the gig with Feeling Good and they'd instantly have the stage overrun by a shouting mob ;)

:LOL: That, or announce that they'll be playing a 16-song setlist, with FG and GL...and 0 rarities. Pitchfork, anyone?

:LOL::LOL:

I entered, although I have no clue how to get there tomorrow but I'll find a way if I get the chance :shifty:

Archived