Muse looking for Protesters for gigs

bunerz

(Nicked from Muselive :p)

http://www.20min.ch/news/bern/story/-Demonstranten--fuer-Konzert-gesucht-15338057

As a federal city Bern has enough demonstration experience. The British mega stars of Muse want to profit from that. At short notice they're looking for 70 "demonstrators" who will provide the opening of the concert spectacle at Stade de Suisse on Wednesday. "The show is to start with the performance of a mass protest", says Marc Reinhard from Good News. The musicians thought up the idea for this unusual opening part only in the last couple of days: Wild demonstrators, equipped with banners and posters, march across the stage protesting. "Participants need to be of age and have time to rehearse tomorrow evening from 17:30 onwards", says Reinhard. As a thank you the day after the demonstrator extras can enjoy the concert.

[cba to translate this bit] Meanwhile, at the Stade de Suisse about 140 workers to build up the brand new and unconventional construction stage are employed. But for 16 tractors were needed. In addition there are 33 trucks, herankarren the lighting and video technology. (google translated)

[lazy translation ahead] If you're interested send an e-mail containing your name, age and cellphone number to promotion@goodnews.ch. All positive answers and rejections wil be made by Monday evening.

Thanks Fuesch for the translation!

wow, very cool! I would so be there if I lived closer, I have experience too!

0628UMafscme1.jpg

Review from the Stade de Suisse thread, doesn't sound like much fun

DEADSTAR;7981032']Sorry that it took so long, I had a few calls to anser...

Ok, here we go:

I arrived in Bern at 1pm. and I had my Austrian friend with me (later 3 other friends) - all won.

at the stadium itself it tured out that there are 2 more I know from other gigs :)

We made a bit of sightseeing for the Austrain guy with the "free bikes" you can get near the trainstation. but this certainly doesn't matter to you guys :p

So we were a bit early at the Stadium.

17:30 - All our names got called... There's a funny thing to it: my name got called already and I got my wristband and later on they called my Facebook name "Lukas Türknauf" which is not my real one. I totally LOLed because the Austrian guy must have mentioned me in his mail as well and because we didn't know each other before he thought this would be my real name :)

Then we had to get rid of everything electronical

around 18:15 - In the end everyone got inside the stadium. Well not actually inside we were trapped at an area behind the seated places and were not able and allowed to see anything in the stadium at that time...

They brought some water and a few (very few!!!) cokes and let us wait :(

In there we waited until 20:30... Then they came again and brought T-Shirts. Red and Black ones. Front: A Triangle with a Circle in it that touches every side of the triangel and a big dot in the middle of the circle. The black ones have got a hood, red ones dont. Obviously I got a red one :( Then they distributed black and red little "towels" for around the neck (cowboy-like), Hats for ouver the whole head with eye and mouth holes in it and face-masks (doctorthingy). that took some more of our time. Then the took us outside again and and brought us backstage. There we got signs and flags. On the signs we got quotes like: WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS or WE MUST FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS ... as already expected. All this suff is red or black as well! By then time must have been like 21:00 or even later. We had to wait again of course. Then they moved us to the side of the stage and guess what... let us wait again! Back there we realized. We will never be on stage. there were 20 guys from the muse crew who prepared for that themselves... :( another disappointment. Suddenly we were told to go outside the backstage and walk along the "catwalk" ... (stage was empty except the muse crew guys) we walked like 20 seconds, yelled and showed our signs and flags when Muse suddenly were on stage and started UPRISING ( so this will be the opener ) - we all looked back of course and just after like 5 seconds they forced us back to the backstage. They played a bit longer on the stage but immediately we were forced to walk all the way back to the entrance, leave our signs/flags even the shirts. Then they told us we had to be there tomorrow at a certain time again - after that we got kicked out there, fetched our stuff and had to leave....

sooooooooooooo disappointing. After that I was sure I won't even appear tomorrow for that - at least half of the group thought so. They were really unfriendly, handled us like some poor **** who just do it for the ticket. Of course everyone already has got one...

went on the train 21:40 - 4++ hours for nearly nothing?

Now the huge disadvantages:

- You miss both support bands!

- If you were golden circle you don't get a ticket - you have to use your golden circle.

- They will kick you after the intro out the back door and let you line up at the normal standing entrance to be all the way back of the stadium

- That way you miss some songs of MUSE

- they steal 8 hours of your time for a ticket you already have...

- The band didn't even look down on us for a second neighter said a thank you

- Not a single thanks from the people responsible.

- ... many more ...

Despite all this I made up my mind and we're going to do it anyway and make the best out of it. We got some really nasty plan but won't tell until the show kicks off when you might see it :p Hope you guys will like it because the protest must look awsome from out there.

In the end I'd not recommend you guys to sign up for this job in forthcomming tourdates! It's simpley just nothing for a true fan. It's something for a cheapass who wants a free ticket! I'd rather received something signed from them and I'd probably do it with joy.

It's ironic really that with songs that are about protest against being treated like nothing, the crew etc then treat people who have given up their time in that way, leading them to feel the need to protest. It was similar in Teignmouth in that the security left a lot to be desired!

Still to be fair, this wasn't designed for fans, just people who wanted to work for a few hours for a free ticket, probably why they didn't advertise it on here.

BTW on the other thread, someone else has said that the band did look at them. A brief hello and thanks might not have gone amiss though. I expect the band are up to their eyes at the moment. Maybe the "protestors" will be shown a little more appreciation this evening.

Still to be fair, this wasn't designed for fans, just people who wanted to work for a few hours for a free ticket, probably why they didn't advertise it on here.

Good point, maybe it was asking for extras not fans.

But a small thank you when Muse were up stage and we were "rehearsing" for those 2 minutes :rolleyes: would have been nice! :erm: I didn't ask for much but I was a bit disappointed. Not to mention that those two minutes rehearsing where not neccesary at all! Could have done that without or the next day, drove 900 km to get there!

• 2 months later...
guys are hey only doing this for stade de suisse?? are they not goig to have protesters at wembley?

They also did that in Paris but I don't know how they searched for people there. :erm:

And no clue if they're going to do this at Wembley also.

You'd miss the support bands though and sitting around backstage for hours is not that much fun :LOL:

Archived