Hoodoo is amazing. :stunned:

+2

:yesey:

I do prefer the piano version but if they had recorded piano only it would fitted on Abso better than it would have on BHAR

What the fuck? Hoodoo is being compared to Citizen Erased? Sorry, but no. Just, no. They are waaaaaay too different, anyway. :p

I know... Hoodoo is so much better!

What the fuck? Hoodoo is being compared to Citizen Erased? Sorry, but no. Just, no. They are waaaaaay too different, anyway. :p

They're not all that different. They both have some of the greatest lyrics Matt has written, loads and loads of emotion, piano and guitar parts, soft and loud parts, and a sad ending. Though I think Hoodoo does it better.

:yesey:

I do prefer the piano version but if they had recorded piano only it would fitted on Abso better than it would have on BHAR

Hmm I dunno...it still has that western feel that only the second half of Black Holes has, meanwhile Absolution having mostly a classical feel. I do love the piano version though. :happy:

They're not all that different. They both have some of the greatest lyrics Matt has written, loads and loads of emotion, piano and guitar parts, soft and loud parts, and a sad ending. Though I think Hoodoo does it better.

Hoodoo definitely wins for emotion, seeing as how the lyrics are very personal to Matt (when he wrote them anyways).

Eh, Hoodoo can't really do it better because it only has 4 minutes to do it in. :p It's a really sweet song, but I don't see as many emotional states...in it..If you know what I mean. :shifty: Citizen Erased goes hard, harder and more emotional, softer, harder again, harder with tons of emotion, softer, and then softer again, and sadder. Hoodoo is just soft, soft, hard emotional, then sad soft again.

That's the best I could explain- It's how I see it. :LOL:

stockholm syndrome

Yeah we get it you love SS... we actually got it after the 100 posts you made about it.

Hmm I dunno...it still has that western feel that only the second half of Black Holes has, meanwhile Absolution having mostly a classical feel. I do love the piano version though. :happy:

Sorry that what I meant... The Spanish guitar at the beginning ties the sing in to the feel of BHAR especially being after CoD but I do prefer the live version which is piano only but would have never fitted on BHAR.

Eh, Hoodoo can't really do it better because it only has 4 minutes to do it in. :p It's a really sweet song, but I don't see as many emotional states...in it..If you know what I mean. :shifty: Citizen Erased goes hard, harder and more emotional, softer, harder again, harder with tons of emotion, softer, and then softer again, and sadder. Hoodoo is just soft, soft, hard emotional, then sad soft again.

That's the best I could explain- It's how I see it. :LOL:

How long the song is doesn't mean an iota. The 1 minute something seconds piano solo in Butterflies is better than most songs.

Too many emotion switches is a bad thing too. Then it begins to sound like a bipolar song.

How long the song is doesn't mean an iota. The 1 minute something seconds piano solo in Butterflies is better than most songs.

Too many emotion switches is a bad thing too. Then it begins to sound like a bipolar song.

It really does. If something has a cresendo or decresendo, then usually it's a great emotional song. Going back and forth from hard to soft usually makes it sound...bipolar. :p

Though that might just be me. And I do love me some CE.

Yeah we get it you love SS... we actually got it after the 100 posts you made about it.

Sorry that what I meant... The Spanish guitar at the beginning ties the sing in to the feel of BHAR especially being after CoD but I do prefer the live version which is piano only but would have never fitted on BHAR.

I get what you mean...the live version itself sort of reminds me of the Arabian bits of USoE and somewhat of Ruled By Secrecy, which would have fit with Absolution with a little tweaking. Shows how flexible of a song it is. :yesey:

It really does. If something has a cresendo or decresendo, then usually it's a great emotional song. Going back and forth from hard to soft usually makes it sound...bipolar. :p

Though that might just be me. And I do love me some CE.

Does that mean that this song is better than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDh_tFIHn4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZD0yp-E0rw

:erm:

+1

Longer =/= better

For me the piano solo in Ruled By Secrecy holds more emotion than the whole of CE.

Does that mean that this song is better than this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDh_tFIHn4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZD0yp-E0rw

To some people it probably is. Though I don't think so. Just saying songs that go from *RAWRAWRAWR* to complete silence then back to *RAWRRAWRRAWR* quickly I think are worse than songs that slowly build up from silence to *RAWRRAWRRAWR*.

Too many *RAWRRAWRRAWR*s.

+1

Longer =/= better

For me the piano solo in Ruled By Secrecy holds more emotion than the whole of CE.

And there aren't any lyrics, extravagant backing parts, and it isn't 7 minutes long.

To some people it probably is. Though I don't think so. Just saying songs that go from *RAWRAWRAWR* to complete silence then back to *RAWRRAWRRAWR* quickly I think are worse than songs that slowly build up from silence to *RAWRRAWRRAWR*.

Those people might need help. :p

No but I agree with all of the RAWWWRing. Ruled By Secrecy and Sing For Absolution are perfect examples. Meanwhile, going back and forth and back and forth gets kind of weary. That's my outlook, but some people do like that.

That's pretty much the definition of CE for me: it starts with *RAWRRAWRRAWR* then goes soft for the second verse and chorus then back to *RAWRRAWRRAWR* and final soft for the outro.

Best build-up songs imo are Conscience / HCM and Spiral Static.

:LOL:

The CE hate on the board really does crack me up.

It seems like such a crime to actually like Citizen Erased or to find it emotional.

Haha. :p

I honestly don't mind the song or their fans.

It's when it's constantly pushed as the best song for stupid reasons over and over again when there are quite obviously better songs is what annoys me. And usually, it's me who's hated on my opinions. Like if you don't think CE is the best song, you're not a true Muse fan and should get a life.

Rather odd, really.

Archived