I'm still torn over this song.

For one, it is not classic Muse, it's a slightly new take on TR material.

But it is kind of a good song, personal to Matt, and that's something people are forgetting. He didn't write it for Eclipse, he wrote it about a relationship that has clearly affected him. and for that reason, I like it. Yeah it's cheesy, but so it Starlight, Guiding Light, Resistance, IbtY, UD, SBH, Endlessly, Invincible. And I'm a really big fan of Resistance and Endlessly inparticular.

Not got a lot of love for Starlight. It's OK live but I'd rather hear any other song live, except maybe Feeling Good. I like Guiding Light more than the average Muse fan does, although I'd probably replace it with NSC on TR. IbtY is good fun, perhaps redeemed by the French bit. UD is a great track for experimenting, but not at all single material. SBH is a great live track and Invincible is good towards the end, but just drags.

I think just the fact that NSC has brought memorable new Matt-isms such as

diiiie

and

fowevuw

redeems itself for me. One extra star for that.

And I can imagine the Muse camp :facepalm: over these angst + adoration threads since according to you old-timers it had all happened before, to TIRO etc. Thanks for old fans' perspectives.

I think it's just a beautiful song. I dare say, I think it might take over "Sing For Absolution" as my favorite Muse song.

Maybe it's because I can heavily relate to the feelings and thoughts in it. :$

Really? Your opinion really is so different from most everyone's on this thread! That's so interesting (and I don't mean that in a bad way!).

I'm very sorry you relate to the song so much, that sucks. :(

Archived