It's pretty cheesy, yes. Well, very.

I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not.

It's definetly NOT their best...

I dunno.

Don't be afraid of the cheese! (p.s. we definitely need a cheese emoticon on here. As well as the Darth Vader one.)

I wonder when they will get over the self-parody?

It does really sound like a Muse parody. It has all the elements of them in it with the worst parts really highlighted (cheesy lyrics, poor attempt at a feel good anthem, cliched solo). I don't know, it's kinda funny and the chorus is catchy in that sort of irritating 'why is this song in my head' way. I just find it awkward and I'm far more comfortable laughing with a band than at them.

Am going to post what I've just posted on my facebook:)

Oh dear. Oh deary, deary me. It's got me! The cheesey song!

Listened to it in my car (which has got a bangingly good sound system) numerous times this morning and I now love it!

If you aren't someone who takes themselves (or life) too seriously (and I'm truly not) and aren't seeing this song as a personal attack on your musical tastes then it is actually a very fun song (yes, yes, it's supposed to be sad but it makes me smile as it happens :p:p) and I can see this being a great one for singing along to at gigs (with simultaneous cheese-waving, of course!)!

Those who take themselves too seriously won't be able to view it this way though ;)

I woke up singing NSC this morning.. always a great sign for me.

Can't wait to hear it live.

It does really sound like a Muse parody. It has all the elements of them in it with the worst parts really highlighted (cheesy lyrics, poor attempt at a feel good anthem, cliched solo). I don't know, it's kinda funny and the chorus is catchy in that sort of irritating 'why is this song in my head' way. I just find it awkward and I'm far more comfortable laughing with a band than at them.

Aside from all the "it sounds terrible, I hate it" I'm kind of wondering what their intentions were when producing this song. I agree it's so ridiculous in places you want to laugh it off but is that what Muse wanted? Did they purposely want to take the piss out of themselves? There's elements of so many of their own songs in it, it does make me wonder that it could also be a pisstake of those who take their music very seriously (I'm not really meaning fans, I mean the media and those who asked them to write a song for Twilight) cause this song gives the impression it didn't take long to make at all.

Yeah for a love song I did get a good laugh and I just found myself singing to the chorus :LOL: Doesn't make it good though...

So that song was floating around since about 8 months ago and that song was what I thought would probably be on another album in the future, but it's gonna be a long time until we get to do that, and then obviously these Eclipse :LOL:, the Twilight people contacted us.

:p

If it's a parody, why make the fans complicit and sell it?

If the band want to take the piss out of themselves, fine, but for fans who've come to expect a certain level from them, this song is dross, parody or not. If their music had been that bad back in the day, Showbiz would never have been picked up.

Aside from all the "it sounds terrible, I hate it" I'm kind of wondering what their intentions were when producing this song. I agree it's so ridiculous in places you want to laugh it off but is that what Muse wanted? Did they purposely want to take the piss out of themselves? There's elements of so many of their own songs in it, it does make me wonder that it could also be a pisstake of those who take their music very seriously (I'm not really meaning fans, I mean the media and those who asked them to write a song for Twilight) cause this song gives the impression it didn't take long to make at all.

I thought USoE was a bit of a piss take and kinda funny when I first heard it, but nothing in comparison to this :LOL:

Thing is, USoE is a staple on the set and they seem really keen on it. They're just so different from the way they were. And no I don't want a carbon copy of Origin every time, it's just the serious riff-classical thing they had going on in the early years was what appealed to me about them, the cheesy love songs and 'experimental pop' does not at all.

See, I'm not saying it's 'good', I'm saying I'm really enjoying listening to it and singing along to it!

Heard loud through really good speakers I think it sounds great!

Lyrics were ridiculously easy to learn right through so I'm more than ready to join in at any gigs they perform it at!:LOL:

I suspect it wasn't/isn't their intention to create a 'fun/funny' song but that is exactly what they've achieved, from my perspective at least! I'm not ashamed to say I love it either!:p:p:D

I don't think it's a terrible song. Not their normal standard, but far from their worst, but still better than 95% of modern music. It is fun to listen to, the lyrics as a whole aren't as terrible as i thought they would be, I think it's just unusual for such direct lyrics from Matt.

I don't hate it, but i don't Love it either, and I don't think it deserves either love or hate.

Archived