I like the song quite a bit, had a good reaction the first time hearing it(always a good sign). I mean, the cheese factor did make me smile and laugh a bit, but honestly I like it more than some stuff on TR. I really love how Matt seems to be belching his heart out on the vocals, adds a good bit of emotion to it for me. I'll take this over Prague any day :p

Am I the only person who finds the snowflakes part beautiful???

I mean, have you ever seen snowflakes fall into the ocean? It's beautiful and mind numbing, especially if you take in the surrounding environment.

After finding out this song was about Matt falling in love with his ex-girlfriend the lyric, "they'll dissipate like snowflakes in the ocean", stood out even more.

This song is about love and how bittersweet it is (or at least that is how I interpret it), just like how the imagery that the line brings is frigidly beautiful.

The lyrics to this song are not cheesy... just because he exaggerates the lyrics with his voice and that the words are actually audible, doesn't mean the song is dreadfully cheesy.

There are other countless emotions that are interconnected with love, maybe that's why the song is a mash up of a lot of different styles.

Matt wrote this looking back at his relationship, when people tend to reminisce they usually tend to exaggerate as well.

I also don't think the piano part is odd at the end. I probably sound like idiot, but the ending to the song sounded like a sigh to the end of meaningful thought. That piano ending completes the song entirely.

Sorry, my reply is just a whole bunch of random thoughts. :$

come to think of it.. :yesey:

i could be wrong. could be.

but whatever, this song is good. maybe it will get even better live.

I mean, have you ever seen snowflakes fall into the ocean? It's beautiful and mind numbing, especially if you take in the surrounding environment.

After finding out this song was about Matt falling in love with his ex-girlfriend the lyric, "they'll dissipate like snowflakes in the ocean", stood out even more.

This song is about love and how bittersweet it is (or at least that is how I interpret it), just like how the imagery that the line brings is frigidly beautiful.

The lyrics to this song are not cheesy... just because he exaggerates the lyrics with his voice and that the words are actually audible, doesn't mean the song is dreadfully cheesy.

There are other countless emotions that are interconnected with love, maybe that's why the song is a mash up of a lot of different styles.

Matt wrote this looking back at his relationship, when people tend to reminisce they usually tend to exaggerate as well.

I also don't think the piano part is odd at the end. I probably sound like idiot, but the ending to the song sounded like a sigh to the end of meaningful thought. That piano ending completes the song entirely.

+11145589625 :happy:

:LOL: i just laugh at "and If we die, we die together" theres no "if" matt, you may be awesome but your not immortal :$

i adore how he sings DIE in the second chorus, though (the one that was in the preview)

He meant early I should imagine. It's the ultimate emotion that. People are saying it's cheesy but it's not actually, not if it's meant, it's very powerful.

I suppose snowflakes disappating in the ocean is rather beautiful really but it doesn't seem to be associated with beauty. I suppose coming after Unnatural Selection it seems a bit well, strange to have the word ocean in a song so soon. I'm going to try and find out what water metaphors mean now We were only talking about it the other day in some relaxation class I did for exams but I've forgotten what was said. Apparently water has very powerful psychological associations though, I remember that. Though I think here it's just a straight forward description.

What does that verse mean to people? Is it to do with religion? Is Matt contrasting religious love with human love and saying the first is worthless and the second powerful and real?

Well. This song blew me away. I was expecting much worse. Much better than Soaked or Prague. This is not the direction I want Muse to take in the future though. Its time for a new direction for Muse.

I like it but I was actually thinking about the direction they'll go next album and a lot of people seem to think this is the sort of music they're going to make, but tbh they don't seem to be able to stick with the one genre for very long at all, so I don't think we have much to worry about.

I agree with you totally!

The song is really beautiful and tells a very personal, emotional story.

Thank you Matt for sharing your world with us, you truly are a musical genius to be able to put your emotions into such an amazing song:)

so perfect<33

so here's reaction face

87655689.jpg

i didn't take this as a good sign when it was sent out. noooooo.

I did take that as a good sign actually, and now I can understand Chris' face. He's really into it isn't he? That's really quite sweet. I'm not going to comment on Dom or Matt's expressions but the whole photo speaks volumes actually.

i absolutely agree with every single thing you said. no one know what matt was really feeling when he wrote this song. it's beautiful and sounds heartfelt.

so i definitely agree. :yesey:

and i've never seen snowflakes falling into the ocean, but the way you depicted it sounds lovely. :happy:

nature mixed with the right muse songs is always a win, so thanks for finding one more thing about this song that i love. :D

People who don't like it keep blaming it on Twilight.

But if they heard the interview, they would know it wasn't written for Twilight but was about Matt's breakup last year.

After knowing the background, I appreciate the song more. I guess he was emotional when he wrote it?

BUT it is definitely not one of my favourite song from them.

I figure if the next album had songs that all sounded like NSC, i would just cry (not in a good way)...LOL

I like it but I was actually thinking about the direction they'll go next album and a lot of people seem to think this is the sort of music they're going to make

Which cracks me up because the next album could be two years away from now. Anything can happen in the meantime.

I heard it on the radio this morning to Uni.

I love it.

So glad I reserved an opinion until it was released. My old me wasn't enjoying the song too much to begin with the preview. The whole song changed my mind. Very, very chilling.

Synth Arpeggios :D

This song is epic.. I absolutely love it. I was actually listening to it at 6.40pm last night cos it got delivered to my e-mail and I couldn't wait...:ninja: I just think Poor Matt, he must have been heartbroken and anyone who has had their heart broken will empathaise with the lyric and the delivery.

The part that gets me is at the beginning he says 'then WE told each other without no trace of fear that OUR love would be forever...' then the last chorus he changes it to 'and I can tell you now with no trace of fear that MY love will last forever..'

Fair broke my heart.

But I'm a big soppy girl.

I change my mind with each listen :confused:

My immediate reaction can only be described in smiley form.

Yeah my smiley version went something like this:

:):facepalm::chuckle::):wtf::unsure::supersad::'(///:D:awesome::matt::musesign::happy: but still :supersad:

Sorry I had to take your smilies out - too many to post.

This song is epic.. I absolutely love it. I was actually listening to it at 6.40pm last night cos it got delivered to my e-mail and I couldn't wait...:ninja: I just think Poor Matt, he must have been heartbroken and anyone who has had their heart broken will empathaise with the lyric and the delivery.

The part that gets me is at the beginning he says 'then WE told each other without no trace of fear that OUR love would be forever...' then the last chorus he changes it to 'and I can tell you now with no trace of fear that MY love will last forever..'

Fair broke my heart.

But I'm a big soppy girl.

Hahahaha

It's ok...I actually liked those lines as well...and started to think about my past loves....LOL LOL

Archived