MATT SAID HE WROTE THAT SONG IMMEDIATELY AFTER HE BROKE UP WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. He said the song was about how you feel like a relationship is gonna be forever when you first get together. Not the case. He said himself that it was kind of a cheesy aspect :LOL:

Oh, that's what he was saying then...

That Naruto video was uncalled for. :LOL:

I'm gonna bring a bunch of Musers to the cinema with me to see Eclipse. AND WE'LL SING ALONG WHEN NSC PLAYS :awesome: This song better play through the credits, not like IBTY did for like, 2 seconds.

It wasn't Naruto, It was Dragon Ball, silly Jaimee.

Histortically, the UK was the first country turning valve amps up up to full, tearing holes in speakers and using fuzz boxes.

What you're referring to, post-punk indie & shoegazer was a reaction to what had gone on previously with prog rock.

There's shit loads of balls-out rock here.

Yeah and I was thinking about that, but I'm talking specifically post-Zeppelin, you know?

Like yeah there was the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, very important, but I'm referencing pop radio.

American rock and pop were nearly the same thing for a brief stretch of time in the 90s, and the both scenes have been colored by this union. All American indie bands will cite some seminal act in the 90s as their main influence, be it as blatant as Green Day or more insular like Pavement. Its all very very guitar driven. I don't know.

It's not something that I feel like I can argue. I'd have to get you to listen to the right bands and show you the differences.

The end of this thread keeps moving out of my reach! I don't know what the latest turn the :srsb33f: has taken, but I assume it's pretty funny. My contribution to said :srsb33f: : I'm 99% MM, and I'm not a fan of this song...yet. The chorus is stuck in my head, but I'm not necessarily happy about that.

Archived