personal opinion:

NSC: tolerable. not my favorite song by them, but appreciate it all the same. i, unlike some, don't always expect a clone of OoS (even though that's my favorite muse album).

actually hoping this replaces "guiding light" on the tour. that would be nice. with matt playing piano of course.

oh my goodness, this is giving me a headache!

This is how I look at it:

I feel lucky to be a fan of a band that has a song to capture pretty much any emotion I might be feeling at any given moment. If I am mad, sad, hyper, chilled, in love, whatever, Muse has a song for it. Today, I like this song. My daughter and I danced around the kitchen singing to it. Tomorrow I might be pissed off and it will be the last thing I want to hear. (Muscle Museum is my favorite for those pissy moods).

I still have to get up tomorrow morning and go to work regardless.

Honestly, this isn't the first time I have thought their lyrics were a bit cheesy, but even a song like Guiding Light to me has "poetic cheese" lol.

Bring back the apocalyptic themes, please??

Pretty sure Exogenesis was a bit apocalyptic..... ;)

Matt himself told us what it is about - I'm guessing you've been dumped at least once in your life, yes?? Can you admit with a straight face that you _didn't_ sit there and play cheesy love songs over and over because it reminded you of what you'd lost?? Not sure if any of us here could.

Stupid relationships.

:mad:

I made a little joke about Banter but I didn't expect :srsb33f:! :LOL::facepalm:

Of course there is a divide between Banter and MM but that's just what happens when you have two groups of people that often have directly opposing opinions.

*shrug*

I don't see why it is so hard for people to comprehend the divide?!

Its a big motherfucking elephant, and a very very small room :LOL:

Honestly, this isn't the first time I have thought their lyrics were a bit cheesy, but even a song like Guiding Light to me has "poetic cheese" lol.

Bring back the apocalyptic themes, please??

I was at another concert recently and someone in the crowd yelled "More Doom!" in reference to the band playing more of their "blacker" songs. That's what I have to say to Muse.[/

i read an article on msnbc lately ( i think that was it) that talked about how during darker econmic times popular music reflects that through anger and satire and then when things get better it's all love songs and ballads.

not that has anything to do with this :chuckle:

cause i don't see how the world economy / politics warrant this kind of schmaltz. :awesome:

<3

I mean - Fucking skank!

WHORE

*toots*

our farts will combine like a neutron star collision! :awesome:

important question that will prolly get lost- How well do you identify with the song?

Not as well as I identify with the torments of Eurasia...

nah,

Me and my girlfriend's love will last forever :awesome: Unlucky matteh.

:LOL::LOL:

Archived