Probably true. Guiding like took months for me to like, but now I do like it, ya. Guiding Light seems like a song that he tried to put emotion into but he had too much fun with all of the cool little bells and whistles that he learned in the studio :LOL:

NSC seems more...constructed, if you will. Ya, there's about 4 different kinds of styles going on in this song, but...I dunno how to describe it :$

like pieces from four different puzzles that we can mash together and say they fit? ;)

I'm so angry with you, I might fart!

fart fight!!! :awesome:

bitch.

It is now 4:42 p.m. Pacific Time.

I have had my MP3 of "Neutron Star Collision" since roughly 11:45 a.m.

I have listened to it a total of 20 times (with other Muse songs thrown in between). :D

:awesome:

It is actually epic! Grown on my again. :)

And stop with the "this is progression...get over it...who wants a band to stay the same?" argument. This isn't progression. These lyrics are 3rd grade material.

:chuckle: Muse are regressing, I like this word.

Oh, I know! The American pop music is very polished, yes, and the English electronic underground has definitely gained clout on the airwaves there.

But I was speaking historically. Starting in the 80s, there has been a definite trend for Americans to really go for guitar rock. Especially guitar rock with what we call "balls",

Which basically means pounding power chords until your arm give out. And shit loads of bass and mid-range heavy distortion.

English rock, at least of the indie variety that makes its way over here, has a much more balanced approach, using what I guess you could only call "the brit method", which is to have a melodic bassline, and using guitars as textures, instead of solely for attack, which balances with the vocal delivery.

... hell... Just listen to The Arctic Monkeys, or The Fratellis, or even fucking Coldplay and what not. NME bands I guess.

Of course this is all flexible. I'm probably even inaccurate.

Histortically, the UK was the first country turning valve amps up up to full, tearing holes in speakers and using fuzz boxes.

What you're referring to, post-punk indie & shoegazer was a reaction to what had gone on previously with prog rock.

There's shit loads of balls-out rock here.

Do you think it's possible that Muse might be able to set up an elitest board for grown-ups! Because I think it's time! :stunned:

You are looking for Team Invincible, I think.

I has sophia proll's email if you want to get in touch to join :awesome:

And they havn't been since when??

Honestly, this isn't the first time I have thought their lyrics were a bit cheesy, but even a song like Guiding Light to me has "poetic cheese" lol.

Bring back the apocalyptic themes, please??

I was at another concert recently and someone in the crowd yelled "More Doom!" in reference to the band playing more of their "blacker" songs. That's what I have to say to Muse.

:chuckle: Muse are regressing, I like this word.

"regression" was actually the term I was thinking of ;)

Do you think it's possible that Muse might be able to set up an elitest board for grown-ups!? Because I think it's time! :stunned:

I wouldn't be invited :supersad:

:awesome:

It is actually epic! Grown on my again. :)

There are so many things I (I'll emphasize that I) love about it:

- The piano intro.

- The first verse

- The harmonies

- The first chorus

- The guitar

- The drums

- The bass

- The second verse

- The second chorus

- The harmonies on "Forever" before the guitar solo

- The guitar solo