Well maybe you are reading it through blinkers then :p because it's not rose tinted praise but based on logical interpretation through observation of them, obviously using my perception which is all I have, as indeed all you have, too!:)

Maybe I'm being thick but I honestly don't understand what you are getting at. Are you saying that it's cocky of Muse to produce music they like? And then to say that they like it? :erm:

No, I'm not saying that... but if you don't mind I'm getting tired of explaining it over and over again...

It's like a horrid mix of Resistance and Guiding Light. It's complete pop, and tries to be epic but fails, and the lyrics are almost as bad as the book.

When Matt was writing the lyrics he was probably thinking "Fuck this shit, i'm just going to repeat all this BS about love being forever about 50 times, that's why the dumbass fans who read the book love it so much, right? uggh, why did i even take up this gig."

It's quite obvious no thought was put into the song, pure sell-out.

i can't wait till the twilight saga of fail is over.

It's like a horrid mix of Resistance and Guiding Light. It's complete pop, and tries to be epic but fails, and the lyrics are almost as bad as the book.

When Matt was writing the lyrics he was probably thinking "Fuck this shit, i'm just going to repeat all this BS about love being forever about 50 times, that's why the dumbass fans who read the book love it so much, right? uggh, why did i even take up this gig."

It's quite obvious no thought was put into the song, pure sell-out.

i can't wait till the twilight saga of fail is over.

The song actually wasn't written for Twilight. They wrote it, and then decided to release it through twilight after it was written. It's hardly a sell-out of a soundrack judging by the setlist, unless every indie band with musical 'cred' is a sell out now.

Well no they're entitled to their opinion, I really like their old stuff and not a fan of the recent material, doesnt mean I have to stop listening to music and it also doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express an opinion of the new material.
i love it how you 'intervene' to remember people that ooooh we are ALL allowed to say that muse suck (bring it on people! diss them cos it's an opinion and you're allowed!), but when fans are ganged up on or persecuted for actually LIKING muse and enjoying what they do or being excited about them - as i've seen happening with posters around here - then i dont see anyone intervening. kinda makes me think you're just sitting there and laughing along with your mates.

some justice around this place.

If there's anything that sounds remotely Showbiz like in this song its the vocals.

The only song of their older days that holds vague similarities to this one is Plug In Baby.

I most definately agree with the Plug in Baby reference :)

The song actually wasn't written for Twilight. They wrote it, and then decided to release it through twilight after it was written. It's hardly a sell-out of a soundrack judging by the setlist, unless every indie band with musical 'cred' is a sell out now.

And the Twilight soundtrack aren't half bad actually, I like a lot of those tracks. So really it is no excuse anyway, even IF Matt had written this for Twilight specifically, which is apparently not the case. It's silly anyone wanting to blame Twilight for this isn't it? This is Muse, not Meyer.

This is exactly what I feared out of Muse.

Sounds like a watered down Hot Topic remix of Resistance.

I'm becoming less and less excited for what Muse has in store musically next. They're obviously very pleased with the direction of their sound and the amount of new fans it has brought in, so we can pretty much say goodbye to the spacey atmospherics and hard blistering rock of their previous albums and say hello to watered down generic pop-rock.

Super rubbish.

Flame away, I don't care. This is my opinion. If you like how the new song is sounding, great. I fear it's going to be bad.

Hear, hear. :(

And the Twilight soundtrack aren't half bad actually, I like a lot of those tracks. So really it is no excuse anyway, even IF Matt had written this for Twilight specifically, which is apparently not the case. It's silly anyone wanting to blame Twilight for this isn't it? This is Muse, not Meyer.

I think a lot of it is either down to:

1. 'Muse can't possibly write a bad song, it must be becaus of Twilight that I don't like this one' which is a stupid attitude to have. If they wrote a bad song, they wrote a bad song, it happens. They're not perfect, they're a band. All bands put out some crap from time to time

or

2. 'I like this song, but it is on Twilight, people I don't like like Twilight, I like Muse, I don't want people I don't like to like Muse' which is also a stupid attitude to have. How does what one person like affect what you're allowed to like?

i love it how you 'intervene' to remember people that ooooh we are ALL allowed to say that muse suck (bring it on people! diss them cos it's an opinion and you're allowed!), but when fans are ganged up on or persecuted for actually LIKING muse and enjoying what they do or being excited about them - as i've seen happening with posters around here - then i dont see anyone intervening. kinda makes me think you're just sitting there and laughing along with your mates.

Show where people are ganged up on for liking Muse? Most of the beef is caused by people not liking it and being ganged up on for not liking it and called names or having their opinions twisted and turned on them (see 'elitist', 'fuck off the board' 'fuck off to banter' type of attitude). If people like this song then great, from the clip I don't think I will. If people like Muse's recent work then great, I however think they've gone downhill. Nothing you can say will change my mind, nothing I will say should change your mind.

Simple really.

+34567890987654567890

Sadly.

I think it has a bit of an Easily vibe about it. I think someone might have said that already.

The first thing I thought was "why does this remind me of Easily". The lyrics drip of cheese like an overflowing grilled sandwich, but I was kind of expecting that.

I'll wait for the entire song before I tear it to bits, or embrace it. Hope doesn't seem too good right now. :(

He needs a new rhyming dictionary :yesey:

Forever, Together, Never, Together?

Ass endeavor? Definitely an ode to Dom. :chuckle:

Possibly the next butt squeeze?

I think it's definitely BHARy. Starlightish kind of. But with a lil bit of TR flair and cheese.

I agree 100%. :yesey: I first thought Starlight, then began to think Resistance. :)

I love it!

Archived