Hmm, I don't think Muse are typically lacking in genius. Who've you been listening to?

I think they might mean this particular song isn't as genius as what we have come to expect from Muse. That is, I hope they mean that...

People find any reason or any way to bitch. This is the new reason. During the Abso-era it was probably because the lyrics were too serious, during the Origin-era it was probably because they didn't sound like Radiohead anymore, during the Showbiz-era it was probably that they sounded like Radiohead.

They can never win, and they know that.

:eek: lool give me one song on Showbiz and Origin that sounds like Radiohead :fear::cabasa:

This thread makes me scared :LOL:

I think they might mean this particular song isn't as genius as what we have come to expect from Muse. That is, I hope they mean that...

Yeah but don't forget they've recently churned out a pretty good symphony and an album with quite a few 'genius' moments.

Cheesy or not, I'm actually liking this. Miles better than that last song we got... "Prague" or whatever that piece of shit was called.

Too Bloody true. Prague was umm...no comment. But yeah sounds like a cheesy goodness, and yes GL is yawn but its good at moments, enough depression already!

I actually quite like it :) (wish they had put it on TR album)

But does anyone recognise the clothes... from the Twitpicks with Dom wearin that silver dress thing :LOL: Matt has the eyeliner and leather skinny jeans. Shame they made Dom change though.... :p

(maybe he comes in later during the ''neutron star collision'' bit if there is one... he did look like a star in that dress thing what with the silver pieces... :ninja: )

But Matt's voice sounds really strong in this :D

No. you are NOT the only person who feels that way. I am laughing all the way. People get too serious about it. Watch the video, hear the song: Muse are making a lot of lolz about it :LOL:

THANK YOU!

'cause it's the lead single and everyone will hear it and their opinions come from this song.

Every TWILIGHT FAN will hear it and base their opinion on it, but I think we can all agree that we don’t really give a fuck about what they think… If they can’t see the humor, then it is their loss..

Yeah I think it might grow on me. First reaction to uprising was WTF CHEESE but I love it now. Guiding light - similar feeling to a lesser extent. I hope this has some epic solo in it somewhere to make it all worthwhile. Like I said before I reckon it would be epic after a few drinks. A wee bit cringeworthy up until that point though.

I hope so too, but I think it sounds promising… the chords… harmonies… It is kind of pop, but in a good way…

I have nothing against performance comedy as a genre. But it's not what I tend to look for in music.

Although Flight Of the Conchords are fabulous. But I'm laughing with them, not laughing at them as is the case with Muse in this era.

I disagree; we can be laughing at Muse and with Muse, at the same time because they are laughing at themselves, if that makes any sense… I LOVE that there is so much humor in their music! They never did take themselves too seriously, which is why they are so likable and less arrogant and smug than a lot of other artists *hint hint Thom Yorke hint hint* …

Oh wow. Someone has found something that doesnt sound like something else at all... again.

EDIT: Well, it does seem so be slightly similar. Maybe my fanboy-ism was in the way of my judgement.

It's quite similar actually. A slightly different tempo, but it's the same two words forming the first line of the chorus, in a similar tune - proving that it's quite unoriginal; they're rehashing a formula they've already used (they did that with the lyrics for City of Delusion and USoE - 'turn to dust'/'fall in line' plus they have a similar arabian-string feel).

and the fact that I just wrote a 4 page Irish essay on why touching a hullaballoon was one of the greatest moments of my life. :$

Sounds much more interesting than the Irish essay I just wrote about politics in Irish society

I like the song and the video. And sure if it turns out I don't like it than I'll listen to the other hundreds of songs Muse have done well. No big whoop. :p

It's quite similar actually. A slightly different tempo, but it's the same two words forming the first line of the chorus, in a similar tune - proving that it's quite unoriginal; they're rehashing a formula they've already used (they did that with the lyrics for City of Delusion and USoE - 'turn to dust'/'fall in line' plus they have a similar arabian-string feel).

Arabian strings in City of Delusion?

(goes off to listen again)

Archived