It might very well be called average, no matter how well executed the average songs are.

So basically, what made Uprising "great" is that it was catchy. You out it in a much more subtle way though, congrats.

yes, they have always mixed genres, but they have always done it in a better way, where their influences couldn't just be pointed towards individual songs, and they always made it sound coherent and kept to one style(for the most part). That is the main problem with TR.

I still prefer The Resistance to Absolution, which imo is just a watered down version of Origin of Symmetry and incredibly overrated. I don't think songs like Uprising, Resistance and Unnatural Selection are any more average than Time Is Running Out, The Small Print, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist and Sing For Absolution.

Let me guess, a more valid opinion would be "It's full of great songs"?

What I meant was that they would explain why they didn't like it rather than saying it's full of shit and pissing everywhere telling people who like it that they're fucking prick cunts. *cough cough*

:erm:

Edited by Mizutsu

Maybe that's why you hate it, but some other people actually have a valid opinion. ;)

Let me guess, a more valid opinion would be "It's full of great songs"?

What I meant was that they would explain why they didn't like it rather than saying it's full of shit and pissing everywhere telling people who like it that they're fucking prick cunts. *cough cough*

Wut?

Im not talking about you, you know. :rolleyes:

Still, wut?

Who has been called a prick and a cunt for calling TR good? :p

or more importantly, who has called someone a prick cunt for calling TR good?

:LOL:

It might very well be called average, no matter how well executed the average songs are.

So basically, what made Uprising "great" is that it was catchy. You out it in a much more subtle way though, congrats.

yes, they have always mixed genres, but they have always done it in a better way, where their influences couldn't just be pointed towards individual songs, and they always made it sound coherent and kept to one style(for the most part). That is the main problem with TR.

I didn't say it was "catchy" I said it was easy for people to sing. Never mind. I forgot what thread this was. You can have it.

I didn't say it was "catchy" I said it was easy for people to sing. Never mind. I forgot what thread this was. You can have it.

yes, and my point is that it's just another way of saying it. Or what else would you mean? That it's easy to sing because it doesn't require much of the voice? In that case I would say that the chorus is probably a lot higher than most people can sing comfortably, and that this would mean that most songs with bad singers would be great because they are all easy to sing along with.

The Resistance is a great album.

All songs contained in TR are basically melodious in nature. And I always salute Bellamy on this skill. While the album moves the music in similar style from start to end with various melodies among songs, it seems like cohesive as a whole. Therefore the album passes the test on structural integrity. And most importantly, the harmonies resulting from the interaction among instruments, programming as well as vocals are also excellent. And I'm all about the harmony.

All songs contained in TR are basically melodious in nature. And I always salute Bellamy on this skill. While the album moves the music in similar style from start to end with various melodies among songs, it seems like cohesive as a whole. Therefore the album passes the test on structural integrity. And most importantly, the harmonies resulting from the interaction among instruments, programming as well as vocals are also excellent. And I'm all about the harmony.

You're saying the album is cohesive because all the songs have melodies? Origin of Symmetry's more cohesive then as it has melodies too, and a more consistent style. The only vocal melody that sticks out from the album to me is MK Ultra's verse - the rest is nothing special compared to their previous work.

How does a song like Uprising have an excellent harmony? The guitar's just playing chords and the bass isn't doing anything interesting. Exogenesis for instance is more interesting harmonically, but this isn't common throughout the album.

I really have no idea what you're talking about. Speak in a language that dumbshits like me can understand.

I really have no idea what you're talking about. Speak in a language that dumbshits like me can understand.

I'm sorry if my post may confuse you. I can't explain it very well since English is not my mother language.

I just tried to view The Resistance from melody, structure, and harmony side.

I didn't say it's a better album compared to the previous ones. I just don't get all the hate towards the album.

I'm sorry if my post may confuse you. I can't explain it very well since English is not my mother language.

I just tried to view The Resistance from melody, structure, and harmony side.

I didn't say it's a better album compared to the previous ones. I just don't get all the hate towards the album.

So what you're basically saying is that Matt uses the same structure for every song.

Not sure that's something good.