I have to admit, years ago, My Iron Lung came on shuffle on my iPod... and I thought it was a Muse song from a Showbiz-era b-side at first :LOL:. It reminded me of Host, I think (dunno why). Admittedly, there are a few similar influences from those days, but from OoS onwards there's not much that sounds similar at all. I don't know how this Muse v Radiohead thing came about, but I really don't get why people haven't let it go to this day :LOL:. It's still something some fans use as a point to argue about... I just find it baffling that the comparison is ostensibly that strong that it's still discussed now. Anyways, I guess the apt thing to say would be Radiohead, lol? :p

Feeling Good is a fun song and is actually a staple of their entire show. The performance itself, the visuals, the overall emotion....it would be a shame if they got rid of it permanently. Just because a small group of people feel it's inadequate and a "better song" of which would probably never be played in the first place should replace it, doesn't mean it's utter crap and should be taken off setlists. It's one of their most popular songs, and deservedly so.

I get the jokes as well, the banner from Manchester was actually pretty humorous indeed. :p

Feeling Good was never a 'hit' for Muse. Most people weren't even aware they'd covered it until they started playing it again when they got huge in 2006

I never said it was a "hit", just that it's popular especially live. Just because it's popular doesn't necessarily make it a hit.

It wasn't supposed to be controversial, it was a response to someone who called post 2003-Muse better than pre.

Fair enough. But I wasn't just talking to you. I've seen things like your post in the thread before and it's so uncontroversial it's just boring, that's all.

My post has nothing to do with Radiohead or Feeling Good or setlists or setlist polls, sorry to say...

My controversial opinion is this: Matt Bellamy, despite his crazy genius, is starting to look like a bit of a hypocrite. I like Matt. I always have. I respect his genius, and his quirky personality, and I love the band he put together with Dom and Chris. I'm not here to comment on what he does with his personal life, but rather a weird side-effect of his personal life.

For years, Muse and Matt were somewhat anti-celebrity. Matt made a number of comments saying how the lifestyle he wanted to have was very much the opposite of the gossip-rag, Hollywood celebrity lifestyle, and how he didn't see himself, Muse, or their music fitting in with any of that. Now, Matt's becoming pretty regular character in gossip threads, and even waves and smiles at the paparazzi.

I definitely get that people grow and their opinions change, but I just thought that Matt would continue to stay under the radar and be part of the biggest band no one's ever heard of. Now, he's fodder for the gossip columnists, and he even seems to enjoy it a little bit, which is so different than what he said in the past, that I can't help but be confused.

Tbh I think the best option when it comes to papparazzi is just to smile and not get to bothered about it. If you start mouthing off at them, thats when they start trying to get more pics of you.

Indeed. Who wants to take pics of a celebrity who never does anything worth taking pictures of anyway? :p

Well, I've yet to see Matt and Kate Hudson in my favourite trash magazines, I'd say that they're quite a low-key couple, all things considered. And all the paparazzi stuff comes naturally with dating a famous Hollywood actress; is Matt supposed to give up dating someone he likes because they're famous?

I don't give a fig if I don't hear Bliss, Citizen Erased and MK Ultra at a Muse concert.

Bumpaaaage

Hullabaloo B-Sides > Resistance

Hullabaloo B-Sides > The Resistance.

Fury>Hysteria,TIRO,Blackout.

I agree with the exception of Jimmy Kane and Shine Acoustic.

Agree on the first point. Just maybe not TiRO. I have a soft spot for TiRO.

:supersad: No....Shine Acoustic is better than half of the tracks on TR put together.

Not controversial to "popular" opinion, but maybe the popular opinion on here...

Supermassive Black Hole is fucking amazing, not even lying.... i LOVE it :awesome: I always jam to it and enjoy it immensely. It's just great musically.

Inorite :awesome:

If they kept that on setlists forever I would be very happy.