You'll probably allc shun me and boo me for this but Stockholm Syndrome has been over played live it's a good song but I feel it's played too often and the outros don't even try try to get rid of this by being changed. Glastonbury 2010 is a good example the outro feature heavily from the outro from Haarp.

I see it's there for the fans of the band's heavier side but could be replaced with US or Assassin to make the setlist fresher.

Exo-Politics, Soldier's Poem and Invincible are really good.

Invincible is pretty good, and the cheesy lyrics suit the song. Soldier's Poem is nice and doesn't deserve the hate. Personally it's good it's a short song - it would feel 'dragged out' otherwise. Exo-Politics is nothing special.

Taking the piss out of Guiding Light is getting seriously old. It's NOT THAT BAD.

Ruled By Secrecy is boring until a little more than halfway through the song.

Exogenesis in full live would be atrociously cringe-worthy.

Showbiz is better than The Resistance.

1. No comment.

2. :noey:

3. It could potentially be great if done with an orchestra. If they just use synthesised strings, then I agree.

4. I disagree - it has too many average songs, even though the best songs on Showbiz are some of the best songs they've ever made. I.E. Sunburn, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Uno.

You'll probably allc shun me and boo me for this but Stockholm Syndrome has been over played live it's a good song but I feel it's played too often and the outros don't even try try to get rid of this by being changed. Glastonbury 2010 is a good example the outro feature heavily from the outro from Haarp.

I see it's there for the fans of the band's heavier side but could be replaced with US or Assassin to make the setlist fresher.

I agree with you. :yesey:

Although I'm probably biased, it was boring in Chicago (the crowd kind of sucked anyways) and I'm not really an SS fan at the moment. But still, they've been playing it in the encore for ages now, it really does need a change...

1. No comment.

2. :noey:

3. It could potentially be great if done with an orchestra. If they just use synthesised strings, then I agree.

4. I disagree - it has too many average songs, even though the best songs on Showbiz are some of the best songs they've ever made. I.E. Sunburn, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Uno.

Agree with you on all points except for the 4th one. I love Showbiz, I think it's better than the Resistance by quite a bit.

Not if its done properly. A live orchestra in a place with proper acoustics is truly astonishing, the sheer volume and quality of noise is incredible.

But if its synths... :facepalm:

Taking the piss out of Guiding Light is getting seriously old. It's NOT THAT BAD.

Ruled By Secrecy is boring until a little more than halfway through the song.

Showbiz is better than The Resistance.

To me it is. :p

Nah.

I don't think I would like it live either. :erm:

Hmmmm no idea :chuckle:

I agree with you. :yesey:

Although I'm probably biased, it was boring in Chicago (the crowd kind of sucked anyways) and I'm not really an SS fan at the moment. But still, they've been playing it in the encore for ages now, it really does need a change...

They've moved it about in some setlists recently but I would be in favour of dropping it for like two other older rocky songs once in a while...

when I saw muse twice in the resistance tour, SS was still the best song, but I am probably bias :p

Out of 100.

SS from the TR tour gets 78/100 (TR performances are better than the '07 performances cos of the added guitar scream and chords in the final chorus...)

SS from the BH&R tour gets 67/100

SS from '04 gets 102/100

(KoC gets 32/100 :p )

They've moved it about in some setlists recently but I would be in favour of dropping it for like two other older rocky songs once in a while...

I haven't been watching setlists lately because I don't see them until October and know I won't even come close to the setlists they're getting there, but at least they're moving it around!

:yesey: Not so much Assassin though...only if it's the GOB version.

i really REALLY don't understand how TR sold so many copies, i mean i know it's extra poppy but it's just... not that good, how could so many people actually like it enough to not just download it illegally..

:LOL: Only muse album I haven't bought, I admit.

i really REALLY don't understand how TR sold so many copies, i mean i know it's extra poppy but it's just... not that good, how could so many people actually like it enough to not just download it illegally..

:LOL: Only muse album I haven't bought, I admit.

I just got it last week, and I'll tell ya, I'm surprised - it's sucked me in completely. I like it a lot. And for me, that's a controversial opinion. :LOL:

Because lots of people do like it. :erm: