Bliss at Rock am Ring 2010 is one of the best live performances of that song ever.

YES.

This one's not all that controversial, but I know there are plenty of Musers out there who will disagree with me...

I've been thinking about it (since the question was raised on a couple threads here) and I really prefer Matt's "newer" singing voice over his "older" one. Yeah, I miss that he doesn't use falsetto as often on their newer songs, but his voice really has developed and matured so much and whenever I go back and listen to Showbiz-era stuff, I find myself missing his strong, powerful TR vocals :) His falsetto is always amazing, but his "normal" singing voice just keeps getting better and better with each album.

YES.

This one's not all that controversial, but I know there are plenty of Musers out there who will disagree with me...

I've been thinking about it (since the question was raised on a couple threads here) and I really prefer Matt's "newer" singing voice over his "older" one. Yeah, I miss that he doesn't use falsetto as often on their newer songs, but his voice really has developed and matured so much and whenever I go back and listen to Showbiz-era stuff, I find myself missing his strong, powerful TR vocals :) His falsetto is always amazing, but his "normal" singing voice just keeps getting better and better with each album.

I like his old voice better. Not to say that I don't like the new stuff/voice, because I totally do. But if you put Showbiz and TR in front of me, I'll reach for Showbiz first. There's just something about how his voice was kind of... raw, that appeals to me personally. I like the older live performances especially, if not for the stage antics then for the random screaming and wailing. It just... I don't know. I think it's something only Muse could pull of in my taste in music, and it's special to me. lol

I like his old voice better. Not to say that I don't like the new stuff/voice, because I totally do. But if you put Showbiz and TR in front of me, I'll reach for Showbiz first. There's just something about how his voice was kind of... raw, that appeals to me personally. I like the older live performances especially, if not for the stage antics then for the random screaming and wailing. It just... I don't know. I think it's something only Muse could pull of in my taste in music, and it's special to me. lol

+1. Except for the last bit.

-Blackout is far superior compared to Soldier's Poem.

-Plug In Baby is boring live,underwhelming song when I saw it live.

I agree. :yesey:

-Blackout is far superior compared to Soldier's Poem.

-Plug In Baby is boring live,underwhelming song when I saw it live.

I agree. :yesey:

Agree, but Soldier's Poem is still a quaint little song. Doesn't really deserve all of the hate it gets, in my opinion. And Plug In Baby is alright live. Nice, but underwhelming, ya.

I was watching their live in Seattle Myspace stream earlier, and ive come to the conclusion their preformance of Resistance is probably one of the worse of that song being played. It seems like Matt is gasping for air one he sings "...wont stop breaking us down."

I still love Soldier's Poem.

Blackout is one of Muse's best songs ever.

Citizen Erased is boring.

[/repeating old opinions for current conversation]

1. So do I. Doesn't deserve the hate, and I'm glad they didn't make it long. It would have been boring and dragged out if they'd done that.

2. :yesey:

3. The first half of it is a bit boring.

aside from a few solid tracks, showbiz really is an atrocious album

nothing much to say otherwise, except people here cry a bit too much about really trivial muse-related things.

I think Showbiz is awesome. Second favorite Muse album.

I'll agree with that. The banana and pwoper fish jokes are extremely overused to a point where it's stupid :rolleyes:

I find ironic and funny how yesterday we were discussing Soldier's Poem live,and then Muse plays it today.

Anyways I am annoyed that out of the all the songs to bring back,Muse decides to bring back SP?:erm:

Couldn't Muse choose to bring back another better slow song such as Invincible or Blackout?

At least they're playing Butterflies again,that's a small improvement.

My thoughts exactly. Thank you :kiss:

in hindsight, The Resistance is Muse's worst album.

Muse just pisses me off.

Yup. I don't understand how people can like it better than BH&R, actually :erm:

I find The Resistance to be just as good as Origin.

It's better than Origin. :yesey:

Muse have been performing extremely well live lately.

The lights and lasers and pyramid of the new stage are really incredible, but not incredible to the point

that I forget about the music. Those whining about too much theatrics and not good enough sets haven't even been to the concerts, making them prats to assume that everyone hates the setlists and are distraugh by the stage.

My thoughts exactly. Thank you :kiss:

Yup. I don't understand how people can like it better than BH&R, actually :erm:

Because The Resistance seems like it had a bit more thought into it than BHAR. BHAR to me is like they just did whatever the hell they want. Exo-Politics disgusts me, and the album had no flow whatsoever.

The Resistance, however, seems like it had a point. And I don't hate any of the songs on it - while yes, I dislike one or two, for the most part it's a solid album. BHAR is just a bunch of random thoughts to me.