What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)  

568 members have voted

1. 1. What songs do you want for this gig? (Multiple choice)

• Spiral Static
    • Sunburn
    • Showbiz
    • Escape
    • Bliss
    • Citizen Erased
    • Fury
    • Sing for Absolution
    • B&H
    • Take a Bow
    • I Belong to You
    • Neutron Star Collision

weird. i'm tempted to get some GA tickets, but i don't know if they'll let me buy another two (though i only bought two seated tickets before)

edit:

bought a couple and there are still some available. no idea if i'll actually get these though since they're two different orders, but since it's not over four tickets....

I was in NYC today using the train system... this is going to be a disaster this October. But Muse is all worth it! :p

I love our subway system. I've yet to find one in the country that's anywhere near as efficient as NYC's. You have to get used to the commuters' constant motion and getting packed into the cars like sardines during morning/evening rush hours, but it does its job very well. :) Same with the LIRR, Metro North, PATH, NJ Transit, etc., all very convenient. I absolutely hate driving in this city. Hate.

someone from the area knows iif there's a way to get to both gigs (newark,ny) with public transportation.. and like the last service... and approximately time that they star & end to work ?

cause i wanna know if i can get there from brooklyn, or if i need to find a hostel closer. ;)

someone from the area knows iif there's a way to get to both gigs (newark,ny) with public transportation.. and like the last service... and approximately time that they star & end to work ?

cause i wanna know if i can get there from brooklyn, or if i need to find a hostel closer. ;)

For NY you'd have to take a subway to the train station, stop probably near Jamacia and take a bus to Hempstead turnpike. The coliseum is a good 5 miles or so away from the last stop, so probably taking a cab would be easy and cheap.

For NY you'd have to take a subway to the train station, stop probably near Jamacia and take a bus to Hempstead turnpike. The coliseum is a good 5 miles or so away from the last stop, so probably taking a cab would be easy and cheap.

thanks ;):happy:

Hey. I was wondering if anyone knows which mode of transportation is better to get to Nassau from Central Jersey? Driving or taking the train? Thanks!

You'd have to take the train into Midtown, then the LIRR over to Long Island, and then either take a cab or bus it over to Nassau Coliseum.

This will give you an idea of how long it'd take from Point A to Point B:

http://www.hopstop.com/

All the way from Central Jersey, I think you'd be better off taking a car -- especially if you won't be the one driving ;)

I wouldn't be worried about public transportation back into NYC after either show. Trains will still be running when the gigs end, so unless for some reason you plan on partying around the Coliseum and Prudential Center late into the night, you'll be fine getting back into Manhattan. Then you could take the subway (runs 24/7) to Brooklyn.

Are taxis actually running at 4 in the morning? Cause I want to be first on line, but I live in Brooklyn and don't have a car. So I'm gonna have to take the LIRR to whatever stop and then take a taxi from there.

lol aren't you the dude that got to MSG at midnight or something the night before? I doubt anyone at Nassau will be challenging you for the first spot at 4am... but taxis should be running all day and night. Call a local taxi service ahead of time and arrange a pick-up time at the station just in case. I've never been to the Hempstead station but someone said that area is sketchy at night, so maybe you should plan on going to the Westbury stop.

http://local.yahoo.com/NY/Westbury/Travel+Lodging/Taxi+Services

You'd have to take the train into Midtown, then the LIRR over to Long Island, and then either take a cab or bus it over to Nassau Coliseum.

This will give you an idea of how long it'd take from Point A to Point B:

http://www.hopstop.com/

All the way from Central Jersey, I think you'd be better off taking a car -- especially if you won't be the one driving ;)

Haha thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about just driving (I won't be driving, someone else will bc I paid for everyone else's tickets ;)) but I heard that traffic would be horrible. But the train would take about three and a half hours to get to Uniondale. I'll just stick to driving.:D

lol aren't you the dude that got to MSG at midnight or something the night before? I doubt anyone at Nassau will be challenging you for the first spot at 4am... but taxis should be running all day and night. Call a local taxi service ahead of time and arrange a pick-up time at the station just in case. I've never been to the Hempstead station but someone said that area is sketchy at night, so maybe you should plan on going to the Westbury stop.

http://local.yahoo.com/NY/Westbury/Travel+Lodging/Taxi+Services

ahahah Yup that was me. Had quite the adventure so now I refuse to be anything other than first on that line :LOL: Yeah, I'll call ahead to see what's the deal.

I love our subway system. I've yet to find one in the country that's anywhere near as efficient as NYC's. You have to get used to the commuters' constant motion and getting packed into the cars like sardines during morning/evening rush hours, but it does its job very well. :) Same with the LIRR, Metro North, PATH, NJ Transit, etc., all very convenient. I absolutely hate driving in this city. Hate.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE train systems. Boston is terrific. My problem is, I am so used to something as small as Boston that when you throw me into a system as huge as NYC, I get COMPLETELY lost. Metro North is terrific for me, but it's really expensive (costed me $40 and with a country kid such as myself, that's expensive to me). I am fine with everything else though I admit my lack of balance is pretty embarassing. :$;) I'm just afraid of getting lost. Not to mention, I won't be able to get back to CT after the show because I don't think MN runs that late. :( And I don't blame you for hating it. haha That's the reason why I refused to take my car in. :p Too much horn honking for me! XD

Haha thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about just driving (I won't be driving, someone else will bc I paid for everyone else's tickets ;)) but I heard that traffic would be horrible. But the train would take about three and a half hours to get to Uniondale. I'll just stick to driving.:D

I'm driving as well; my plan is to leave between 11-12 in the morning; I've never driven through NYC and Long Island before without my family or some kind of adult, so I don't know how bad it'll be (although living around NYC I know it can get very, very bad sometimes), but hopefully my friend and I will be there no later than 2. People act like it's a mad rush to get your place in line, but I was at the Boston show, arrived at the TD Garden at around 3, and got 94th; when we were let onto the floor, I was able to get up pretty close to the stage. The way they do the line is that you arrive there and get a wristband with a number; from then on, you can do whatever you want; you don't have to stay at the venue. You just have to be back before it's time to line up.

After the show I'll probably hang around for a bit just to let the mad rush out of the venue dwindle down a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE train systems. Boston is terrific. My problem is, I am so used to something as small as Boston that when you throw me into a system as huge as NYC, I get COMPLETELY lost. Metro North is terrific for me, but it's really expensive (costed me $40 and with a country kid such as myself, that's expensive to me). I am fine with everything else though I admit my lack of balance is pretty embarassing. :$;) I'm just afraid of getting lost. Not to mention, I won't be able to get back to CT after the show because I don't think MN runs that late. :( And I don't blame you for hating it. haha That's the reason why I refused to take my car in. :p Too much horn honking for me! XD

Metro North has trains going out up to 1 in the morning, I think, which means that if you can get back to Grand Central in time after the show (which shouldn't be difficult) you'll be all set.

Metro North has trains going out up to 1 in the morning, I think, which means that if you can get back to Grand Central in time after the show (which shouldn't be difficult) you'll be all set.

Ahhh Okay, Sweet. Thanks! We Northern CT people don't use the train much so excuse my ignorance. :p I really don't want to have to stay in NY overnight. XD

So just to be clear, are the cupcakes a go? :rolleyes:

Because I seriously want to convince my concert mates that we should queue early, and baked treats would definitely be an incentive for them :p:LOL:

No pressure btw - just asking.

Ahhh Okay, Sweet. Thanks! We Northern CT people don't use the train much so excuse my ignorance. :p I really don't want to have to stay in NY overnight. XD

yeah, down here we've always had metro north; does northern CT have any train system that isn't just amtrak?

So just to be clear, are the cupcakes a go? :rolleyes:

Because I seriously want to convince my concert mates that we should queue early, and baked treats would definitely be an incentive for them :p:LOL:

No pressure btw - just asking.

(i'll be there at 6 am)

ill save a spot for you if you bring me some cupcakes :LOL::awesome:

ill save a spot for you if you bring me some cupcakes :LOL::awesome:

:LOL: Hmm, gotta brush up on my baking skills first. The things I do for Muse... :p

Oh, and I gotta convince my mates that queueing early is a good idea, too. We're driving up from Maryland that morning, so they may be opposed to it :erm: Especially since there's no need: we don't have tix for pit or anything, but I thought it'd be fun to partake in a little pre-concert tailgating :awesome:

yeah, down here we've always had metro north; does northern CT have any train system that isn't just amtrak?

Lucky. No public transportation AT ALL (except the UCONN buses in Storrs and stuff in Manchester). But all the way up here where I am, you're lucky if you can get a taxi to drive out to you. And I think Amtrak only stops in Hartford and the next place closest to us to catch it is either Springfield/Worcester, MA. :/

:LOL: Hmm, gotta brush up on my baking skills first. The things I do for Muse... :p

Oh, and I gotta convince my mates that queueing early is a good idea, too. We're driving up from Maryland that morning, so they may be opposed to it :erm: Especially since there's no need: we don't have tix for pit or anything, but I thought it'd be fun to partake in a little pre-concert tailgating :awesome:

i know none of my friends would do it... thats why im doing it alone :rolleyes:

like you said,

the things i do for MUSE :dance:

Archived