I wasn't going to comment, but it's been nagging at me since I read it earlier today and I just can't let it go (and if it comes across as bitchy, I'm sorry)...

I think we should save a spot because you've been on here, and we know you're a dedicated and true fan. (and I'm not just saying this for the glasses! :LOL:) I hope other people in line don't mind.
:yesey: I should think it'd be fine :)

In fact I do mind and don't think it's ok. To me, if you want barrier, or close to the stage, then you have to put in the time queueing to get it. And if you're not able to get there early enough, well I'm sorry. But it's not fair to those who have put in the time, to have people saving spots for others. Way to piss off the people around you (and yes I'm aware that it will happen with other groups, and yes, I WILL be pissed).

Like Lora said:

but none of us really want to stand in line all day long for ourselves, let alone 3 other people
I'd much prefer to not have to queue. But, to get as close as I can, that means queueing, so I don't really have a choice!

As for holding spots for people while they go get food, washroom, run stuff to their cars - that's fine, so long as they're not gone for hours.

So I went to my local party supplier, and bought what they had left.....unfortunately.... only 7. Make your claims :)

http://twitpic.com/2uybko

Blue or white please :happy:

And also... I don't think this plan is looking good or you, if it was just you coming a little late I'm sure most wouldn't mind but since it's 3 of you, people are sure to get mad if they have been lined up really early... Can't you get your friends to come out and line up at a decent time?

And also... I don't think this plan is looking good or you, if it was just you coming a little late I'm sure most wouldn't mind but since it's 3 of you, people are sure to get mad if they have been lined up really early... Can't you get your friends to come out and line up at a decent time?

Agreed, yeah you just can't do that... well you can, but its basically the same as pushing your way through the crowd to get up front. Kinda douchey in both ways. People plan accordingly to get there when they get there. Even taking off work and what not. You can see how some would get mad.

Agreed, yeah you just can't do that... well you can, but its basically the same as pushing your way through the crowd to get up front. Kinda douchey in both ways. People plan accordingly to get there when they get there. Even taking off work and what not. You can see how some would get mad.

I forgot to mention this, but all the stuff you posted it pretty sweet :) Lucky you gotten to have seen them in much smaller venues :happy:

I'm of the same opinion. My brother and I are taking time off of work/school to get in line early to get to the barrier and it's a crappy thing to cut in line. I'm not trying to be a jerk. All I can say is try to get in line as early as possible. If you're in the first 200ish then you'll have no problem getting barrier on first row.

Just throwing my two cents in-- The reason I swapped for seats was because I didn't want to queue up before noon. If people were saving a spot for me, I'd have kept my GA tix, but I'm doing the honorable thing and swapping them with someone who will actually get their moneys worth out of it. I don't think it's fair for people who aren't lining up early to jump the line.

Getting out of line to put stuff in the car, go to the bathroom, and grab food is different. You were there before and are coming back ASAP.

Even though I'm in seats now, I would like to meet up with some of you in the queue, and would potentially hang out until doors open, then head to the back of the line. :) So if someone sees me in the front of the line, I promise I'm not cutting!

Just throwing my two cents in-- The reason I swapped for seats was because I didn't want to queue up before noon. If people were saving a spot for me, I'd have kept my GA tix, but I'm doing the honorable thing and swapping them with someone who will actually get their moneys worth out of it. I don't think it's fair for people who aren't lining up early to jump the line.

Getting out of line to put stuff in the car, go to the bathroom, and grab food is different. You were there before and are coming back ASAP.

Even though I'm in seats now, I would like to meet up with some of you in the queue, and would potentially hang out until doors open, then head to the back of the line. :) So if someone sees me in the front of the line, I promise I'm not cutting!

That's nice of you :) Last time I queued (wasn't for Muse), there weren't any issues thankfully. And I was around some good people. I was gone for maybe 20 minutes to go get food and use the bathroom and warm up (it was February) and no one minded because they knew I was there already and they were doing the same. So I have nothing against people going off for 20 minutes to grab food, etc.

You are more than welcome to come hang out with us in the queue :)

Wait... I didn't realise how late they were trying to queue. But looking at how late you'd be coming again, that wouldn't be cool. It' not gonna be the warmest day and I'd understand you know, holding the spot for 30min to an hour but for that long? It's gonna be hard enough to stand out for myself! :erm:

:LOL: Thanks.. haven't taken art in a few years and that was a bitch to make :chuckle:

Thats a great drawing. I draw stick people:LOL:

So I went to my local party supplier, and bought what they had left.....unfortunately.... only 7. Make your claims :)

I have a pair, but my niece is coming and would like a pair if thats ok and if you have enough.

Those are so fantastic, I would claim them if I wasn't bringing the ones I caught from Matt in T.O. :D I wonder if they still blink or if I need to figure out a way to change the batteries... o_o

I think I would put Matts in a glass box:LOL:

Thanks for doing the honorable thing and swapping. :D and come hang out!

That's nice of you :) Last time I queued (wasn't for Muse), there weren't any issues thankfully. And I was around some good people. I was gone for maybe 20 minutes to go get food and use the bathroom and warm up (it was February) and no one minded because they knew I was there already and they were doing the same. So I have nothing against people going off for 20 minutes to grab food, etc.

You are more than welcome to come hang out with us in the queue :)

I was hoping to be able to run to my vehicle for stuff or to put stuff back and maybe send one of us to bring food back. Oh, and bathroom breaks. Other than that I plan to be a permanent lump on the sidewalk until they let us in. My niece is excited too, she said she doesnt mind queuing and has a book she wants to read.

I'll most definitely be attending this gig, and possibly the Cincinnati one as well. I suspect we'll see quite a few familiar faces from the Detroit/Nashville gigs show up here; welcome everyone!

You are quite right about that..! I'll see you in Columbus!!!!! :D

I have to sacrifice my GA ticket as I was seriously assaulted last night and as a result can't travel to Columbus. Price is 58.50 (face value) BUT I will seriously consider a best offer, postage will have to be overnight as it's cutting it close timewise and I won't be there (unless you are in Pittsburgh or are passing through on your way there, then I can hand deliver at your convenience). I take all sorts of paypal. This ticket is also listed on Musebay if I'm forgetting any details.

I can not wait for the Columbus gig!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking excited!! I am going to bring at least 10 changes of pants!!!!!! ;)

I'm not holding your place in line while you change! :)

And I, too, will be angry if there is cutting. Take a page from the Brits, people. As a veteran of Saturday's Wembley queue, I can tell you that they do it right and pwoper.

Thank you to those of you that said you wouldn't want someone to cut in the queue at a late time. I was starting to feel like quite the bitch being the only one to say it. I do feel bad, but those of us who sacrifice to be there early should get the better spots. That's just the way it goes. My hubby and I do plan to take small breaks for bathroom/food/etc, and I'm pretty sure that is how it works. Nobody can stand/sit there for that many hours without peeing or eating! :LOL: Now I'm just hoping the weather people are wrong and that it ends up being warmer than what it is supposed to be!

I have seats for this show but for those of you planning on waiting in the queue keep in mind that the arena is kind of isolated from shops/restaurants/etc. The nearest buildings are for OSU campus so I don't know how accessible those will be for the restrooms. The Red Roof Inn where it looks like a lot of you are staying is a good 15 minute walk (.8 miles according to Google Maps) north of the venue. Around the hotel is a McDonalds and a few other fast food places. Going east on Lane Avenue there is a 7-11 about .3 miles and a little further up is a Subway. Just north of the arena on the opposite side of the street is the Fawcett Center which is a hotel and conference center. There is a small snack shop there so it might be a good place to pop in for a bathroom break and snack.

Hope that helps...can't wait till Tuesday!

I have seats for this show but for those of you planning on waiting in the queue keep in mind that the arena is kind of isolated from shops/restaurants/etc. The nearest buildings are for OSU campus so I don't know how accessible those will be for the restrooms. The Red Roof Inn where it looks like a lot of you are staying is a good 15 minute walk (.8 miles according to Google Maps) north of the venue. Around the hotel is a McDonalds and a few other fast food places. Going east on Lane Avenue there is a 7-11 about .3 miles and a little further up is a Subway. Just north of the arena on the opposite side of the street is the Fawcett Center which is a hotel and conference center. There is a small snack shop there so it might be a good place to pop in for a bathroom break and snack.

Hope that helps...can't wait till Tuesday!

Thanks for the info; this is very helpful! :D I knew about McDonald's, but didn't know what else was around there.

I have to sacrifice my GA ticket as I was seriously assaulted last night and as a result can't travel to Columbus. Price is 58.50 (face value), postage will have to be overnight as it's cutting it close timewise and I won't be there (unless you are in Pittsburgh or are passing through on your way there, then I can hand deliver at your convenience). I take all sorts of paypal. This ticket is also listed on Musebay if I'm forgetting any details.

hey, I hope you will be ok? my imagination is thinking something awful :eek: so I hope you can recover quickly and find someone to buy your ticket pronto *sympathy feelings sent* get better soon

I have to sacrifice my GA ticket as I was seriously assaulted last night and as a result can't travel to Columbus.

That is just awful! :( I'm so sorry to hear that you were hurt and won't be able to make it. I send you some healing thoughts...

Thank you to those of you that said you wouldn't want someone to cut in the queue at a late time. I was starting to feel like quite the bitch being the only one to say it.

You were brave to be the 1st to speak up, Lora. I'm :$embarrassed :$ for being the one who seemed OK with the cutting in line. I don't know what I was thinking when I originally wrote that I thought it'd be OK...I guess I was assuming the cutters wouldn't be tooooooo late. I do plan to sacrifce (get there REEEAAAALLLLYYYY early) because I will do whatever it takes to get a great spot. But I'm actually looking forward to it! I have a sleeping bag to keep me warm, and nuts and dried fruit, and some things to keep me busy (in addition to getting to know everyone in real life). I have a room .8 mile away and will use it for the bathroom. Also, I am with my 2 daughters 24/7, and just to have a break away from them, no matter what I am doing, will be dreamy-wonderful for my nerves.

Ssssooooooo psyched! Listened to CE all morning, and now VERY much hoping for that! But of course, I'll be in heaven with whatever is played.

Ah, plans changed. I'm in South Korea for a year, so I can't make it to either. I did manage to see them at a festival in August, though (courtesy of my fiancee). I hope everyone has a great time!

Won't be the same - you will be eternally missed. :)

Archived