I will now put this thread back on topic:

I've been thinking about getting some. Is it worth the money? Would you recommend it?

it's pretty good, there are a lot of variations to the standard back bacon, you can go smoked or un smoked, maple cured, dry cured. And if you want a fatter rasher or a thinner rasher you can just go for a different cut.

You really have to get it from a butcher tho because the factory made stuff just isn't as good. Lacks the professionals touch, worse quality components.

I've been thinking about getting some. Is it worth the money? Would you recommend it?

Yes and yes. It is absolutely amazing. The sound it makes when used with a heated frying pan is beautiful. It works well by itself, but can be even better when used for sandwiches, burgers, and many other foods.

it's pretty good, there are a lot of variations to the standard back bacon, you can go smoked or un smoked, maple cured, dry cured. And if you want a fatter rasher or a thinner rasher you can just go for a different cut.

You really have to get it from a butcher tho because the factory made stuff just isn't as good. Lacks the professionals touch, worse quality components.

I've heard good things about smoked fat rashers, I may try some out when I'm next at the butchers

looks like that's what i'll go with

which one though? don't want to spend too much, but i want a good guitar.

You should probably just go to a store and see which one you like to play the most out of what they've got. Takamine use a couple of different kinds of wood for the body and each is going to sound different. Personally I prefer the Mahogany body because it's nice and rich without going overly heavy. Also, make sure you get one with a pickup already installed, it's so much cheaper than getting it done after (I made this mistake with my Maton).

What would be a good budget Whammy/Octaver pedal to go for?

I'd say go for a Behringer US600 Ultra Shifter/Harmonist. It's basically a Boss PS-5 in a plastic case and it's cheap as chips. You could easily get it with an expression pedal for under $200AUS I think.

US600_medium.jpg

Edit:

The US600 ULTRA SHIFTER/HARMONIST is like having another guitar player in your band (without all the hassles that would create). Shift single notes and chords to create simple transpositions, intelligent harmonies and radical bends up to ±2 octaves.

The US600 stomp box offers 5 totally different-sounding Modes: Tremolo Bar, Flutter, Detune, Harmonist and Pitch Shifter. Pitch Shift and Tremolo Bar pitch can be shifted from 0 to 2 octaves; Harmonist pitch can be tweaked to track 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, octaves or double octaves. There’s a separate 10-step Key select control as well as Delay/Speed control and Balance to dial in how much effect you want to mix with a dry signal. Real Sound Modeling (RSM) DSP with its sophisticated algorithms deliver the delicate harmonic overtones that are critical to creating realistic harmonies and transpositions. A brilliant blue LED indicates power status and battery condition. The footswitch is ultra-strong to last through years of gigging. And when in bypass mode, it preserves signal integrity by taking all pedal circuitry out of your chain. The US600 pedal is designed to give you the utmost flexibility, running on our BEHRINGER PSU-SB DC power supply or a typical 9 V battery.

Plug into the US600 and create sweet-sounding harmonies to your heart’s content.

riiiight

some help needed here peoples :)

can someone recommend a decent set of monitors? nothing too expensive, doesnt have to be the best sounding monitors in the world....?

aaaaand

a mixer to use with the monitors. i used to have a behringer eurorack 6 channel mixer (just a wee one), something similar to that. (i sold that one, btw, it was good but i needed the money bad at the time, haha)

its for taking the outputs from my firebox, and running through the monitors to make sure i'm doing my sequencing stuff properly (so i can hear all of my channels at once properly).

also for when the band's round at mine, they can hear everything as we do it (i have headphones currently, fed up of them now though tbh).

riiiight

can someone recommend a decent set of monitors? nothing too expensive, doesnt have to be the best sounding monitors in the world....?

a mixer to use with the monitors. i used to have a behringer eurorack 6 channel mixer (just a wee one), something similar to that. (i sold that one, btw, it was good but i needed the money bad at the time, haha)

its for taking the outputs from my firebox, and running through the monitors to make sure i'm doing my sequencing stuff properly (so i can hear all of my channels at once properly).

also for when the band's round at mine, they can hear everything as we do it (i have headphones currently, fed up of them now though tbh).

ehm, what kind of monitors do you mean? like.. stage monitors? or studio monitors? in ear monitors? if its for use live (is that what you means?) then i guess you're looking for stage monitors? studio reference monitors wont really be able to get up to the level of volume you'd want for stage

the shure e2c's i use are pretty decent IEM's. if you're looking for studio monitors, krk rokits are popular budget speakers, and ive also heard good thngs about the samson rubicon range, the ribbon tweeters are meant to be good.

Is the SRS some intelligence agency you Brits have?

Nah that's the SAS. SRS is just retarded kids agency. :happy:

looks like that's what i'll go with

which one though? don't want to spend too much, but i want a good guitar.

The Takamine EG series is pretty good, they go for about £229/£299. Well built and worth the money for a good playing and sounding guitars.

Your so a virgin :rolleyes:

Because I was asking if I was touching her cervix yet? And it's you're *pats*

Archived