"Exogenesis" to be released as a single???

control

Put it on eBay, if people are desperate to have one they'll have to pay for it :p

it's not like everyone doesn't already have exo.

I'm interested how much they sell for that week and following weeks. There'll be kind souls not selling them for much, and people ripping the piss.

I'm keeping mine, I wanna start a small vinyl collection of my favourite artists. After the apocalypse of the internet and the machines take over I'll still have vinyl to hopefully play.

I'm interested how much they sell for that week and following weeks. There'll be kind souls not selling them for much, and people ripping the piss.

I'm keeping mine, I wanna start a small vinyl collection of my favourite artists. After the apocalypse of the internet and the machines take over I'll still have vinyl to hopefully play.

thats actually what i have done recently. so far i have:

12" Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

12" Gorillaz - 19/2000

12" Muse - BHAR

7" Muse - Uprising

7" Muse - Knights of Cydonia

7" Muse - Resistance

7" Arctic Monkeys - Crying Lightning

7" System Of A Down - Hypnotize

7" Snow Patrol - Chocolate (Brown)

7" Sigur Ros - Hljomalind

7" Mogwai - Friend of The Night

7" Biffy Clyro - Saturday Superhouse (Numbered 0831 -SIGNED)

7" The White Stripes - Conquista

7" The White Stripes - Rag and Bone & Icky Thump Limited

7" The Big Pink - Dominoes

Its the reason that i have no money atm :mad:

Ordered mine :D even though I don't have a vinyl player, but the limited edition thing always pulls me in - not good as eventually Ill want to do a Niall and collect everything they've ever done in every edition, and I has not the money/patience for that :LOL:

I really need to get to work on my vinyl collection, far too small at the moment :(

Got mine - collectors item really. I can say I'm one of the 500, plus its only 10quid including delivery!

Want to hear Resistance live in Lisbon! Hopefully, someone will rip it to mp3 - no idea if thats possible, but I hope so. Or I'll find myself buying a record player!

i will if you want

ill put it up on muselive and link it from here the next weekend

I just stopped in my local store and he said he ordered ten but didn't know how many he'd get. He said if I showed up at opening i'd likely get one. I'm excited for April 17 now! I also bought a kickass turntable today while I was there so I won't have to use my parents' anymore.:D

grrr ive been looking for a cheap one for ages.

*jealous*

Got mine - collectors item really. I can say I'm one of the 500, plus its only 10quid including delivery!

Want to hear Resistance live in Lisbon! Hopefully, someone will rip it to mp3 - no idea if thats possible, but I hope so. Or I'll find myself buying a record player!

You can get cheap turntables with USB that let you rip vinyls... Dunno about quality, but it's doable :)

i'm copying my post from muselive:

christ, i never thought i'd get as much bullshit as i have.

whatever. all i wanted to do was enable those otherwise unable to benefit from this limited release. i tried to convey this as best as i could, but obviously i've fomented antagonistic associations instead...

on another note, i have a job, and i'm well educated (thank fuck); and, at the risk of (yet again) coming across as an ass, it's high-paying. i'm a productive member of society. i'm entrepreneurial. and i'm a rabid fan of muse. so shoot me.

indeed, the procurement of recorded, 'vintage' rock & roll shouldn't be as complicated as it is, but, well, it is.

i sincerely, genuinely, and borderline sycophantically apologize to those i've offended / pissed off. hope this resonates with at least someone. to be called a 'sad fuck' kinda hurts. eh, i suppose i deserve it to some degree...?

but i digress. as of right now, i've only gotten about 10-ish responses from peeps from both here and the muse.mu boards. i'm still expecting to obtain multiple copies. and i'm still wanting to get them, at my cost, to those on these boards who can't otherwise obtain 'em.

so...yeah. i shall now atone for my muse-y sins.

-.-.-.

...but, PM me w/ 'interested' if you want at least a shot at getting any extra copies that i obtain...at my cost + postage. no less, no more.

whatever. all i wanted to do was enable those otherwise unable to benefit from this limited release. i tried to convey this as best as i could, but obviously i've fomented antagonistic associations instead...

on another note, i have a job, and i'm well educated (thank fuck); and, at the risk of (yet again) coming across as an ass, it's high-paying. i'm a productive member of society. i'm entrepreneurial. and i'm a rabid fan of muse. so shoot me.

indeed, the procurement of recorded, 'vintage' rock & roll shouldn't be as complicated as it is, but, well, it is.

i sincerely, genuinely, and borderline sycophantically apologize to those i've offended / pissed off. hope this resonates with at least someone. to be called a 'sad fuck' kinda hurts. eh, i suppose i deserve it to some degree...?

but i digress. as of right now, i've only gotten about 10-ish responses from peeps from both here and the muse.mu boards. i'm still expecting to obtain multiple copies. and i'm still wanting to get them, at my cost, to those on these boards who can't otherwise obtain 'em.

-.-.-.

...but, PM me w/ 'interested' if you want at least a shot at getting any extra copies that i obtain...at my cost + postage. no less, no more.

i think its stupid if people are calling you names etc over it, but i assume thats on muselive... I think the only thing people disagreed with on your original post is that people shouldnt be able to pay for extra tickets in the hat cus that improves their odds and thus you make money from it too.

But it looks that you may have changed your mind on the extra names thing so its fair now.... which means you are doing a helpful thing for the people of the boards now (Y)

-.-.-.

Obviously people who are just jealous they couldn't get a copy. I don't see what's so bad about selling copies at no profit to yourself.

I'd seriously consider selling mine if they start going for high prices, but only if I make money from it, does that make me a sad fuck?

Yeah there's no real problem with selling them at face value. I just hope that people who go along to the record stores trying to find one can, and not be disappointed because you've bought them all tbh.

Yeah, IMO it'd be unfair to buy more than one, whatever the cause...

A bit like the dilemma with the parted railway with four people on one, and one person on the other...

If that dude is annoyed because people got hissy because he was getting people to pay into a raffle where they have no view of the''hat'' their names would be thrown into then I really have say you had it coming.

I mean people got hissy when someone activated NA in the treasure hunt and started to make death threats or something.

Yeah there's no real problem with selling them at face value. I just hope that people who go along to the record stores trying to find one can, and not be disappointed because you've bought them all tbh.

So you'd sell a Muse EP, for example, at face value?

So you'd sell a Muse EP, for example, at face value?

No, but there's a bit of a difference between a limited CD released 12 years ago and someone hogging an import yet to be released to make money, surely you can see that?

No, but there's a bit of a difference between a limited CD released 12 years ago and someone hogging an import yet to be released to make money, surely you can see that?

Sure there's a difference, but the principles are the same. They could hold onto a couple for 5, 10 or 12 years and get even more for them. Would it be ok then?

Sure there's a difference, but the principles are the same. They could hold onto a couple for 5, 10 or 12 years and get even more for them. Would it be ok then?

No, it would mean that fewer people could get it. Holding onto your own Muse EP for 12 years is ok, but keeping others away from these vinyls is just bad style.

The issue is that people selling a Muse EP they've had since like 1998 just happened to get one, whereas if you buy a whole bunch and hold onto them for ten years you're buying them for the explicit purpose of making money. I see it as similar to the difference between touting and selling a ticket you no longer need.

Selling at face value is different ofc.

No, it would mean that fewer people could get it. Holding onto your own Muse EP for 12 years is ok, but keeping others away from these vinyls is just bad style.

I'm sure if people who bought the Muse EP back in the day knew how much it would be worth now, they would have bought a couple of copies...

I'm not saying it's right, I wouldn't do it myself, but some people can be a little hypocritical.

No because you're still aiming to make a profit out of fans. People don't buy EPs from unknown bands expecting them to get famous and sell them a decade later for profit whilst reducing the amount available at face value for contemporary fans. You've made a false analogy, end of.

No because you're still aiming to make a profit out of fans. People don't buy EPs from unknown bands expecting them to get famous and sell them a decade later for profit whilst reducing the amount available at face value for contemporary fans. You've made a false analogy, end of.

But you could still sell it on in the future for face value. I know you have a rather extensive collection of rare Muse stuff, if you sell any of it on I assume it's always at face value then?

How is it a false analogy? Is selling one limited release on for more than you paid for it really any different to selling another? Not really... When someone sells the Muse EP on for £400 that stops a lot of people from being able to own it.

Archived