"Exogenesis" to be released as a single???

control

Thats fair enough but buying to put on ebay straight away and brag about it on a message board full of people unfortunate enough not to get a copy is not cool.

I don't see the point in doing it straight away. Muse have enough fans, there will always a hardcore one after everything and when you're the only one selling, you can command price more.

I don't see the point in doing it straight away. Muse have enough fans, there will always a hardcore one after everything and when you're the only one selling, you can command price more.

but then you have to hold on to it for years. Plus Just at release date you will make a big enough profit.

In the end people want fast,easy money

surely that should apply to all muse releases, not just a vinyl?

This argument has been done already and I think it was shown there is a clear enough distinction between selling old releases and buying up new ones for the purpose of making a profit. Just search back in this thread.

If you're referring to people selling ie. a Muse EP, let it go, it's just another lame argument.

It's no different. And to be honest I haven't bought any extra vinyls to sell. It's just amusing watching the hypocritical reactions.

It is different because the Muse EPs are sold by people who went to the shows, worked for local radio stations, were once fans but are no longer etc and had no intentions of making a profit out of a limited edition release sought by thousands of fans right from when the EP was first released in local Devonshire shops, whereas people who may well have no interest in the band have been buying this vinyl solely because they know they can sell them on and make 200 to 300% profit.

The difference is obvious...

It's completely different, and you are totally showing yourself up.

Selling a MUSE EP that was acquired years ago by going to in-store signings, going to a gig, or just generally being aware of a band that was that small at the time, and keeping the disc in good condition and buying a vinyl online that is clear it is going to have value as there is only 2000 and this is a band that sold out a 90'000 stadium out 4 times in less than 4 years is ENTIRELY different.

I know you really want to continue and spin this and make it seem like you've found some moral loophole in all of us but you haven't.

Btw, I loved the bottle crash when one of the admins said they would have something done about people touting vinyls on this place.

With the hope that they get famous? Yes.

That's a risk you take. For every 15 EP's that person buys though, maybe one band will make it big. And even at that, buying the EP supports a growing band.

There's no risk in buying a vinyl that is limited to 2000 for a band that is one of the biggest in the world.

With the hope that they get famous? Yes.

That's a risk you take. For every 15 EP's that person buys though, maybe one band will make it big. And even at that, buying the EP supports a growing band.

There's no risk in buying a vinyl that is limited to 2000 for a band that is one of the biggest in the world.

So it's about them not taking a risk when they do it? Is it more okay if they do it with a chance of failing?

Not at all. But your analogy falls apart with that. People don't go out and buy EPs for the sole purpose of selling on at a high profit. They would be idiots if they thought that it would provide a safe, consistent venture.

With this vinyl release, people KNOW it's going to make more money. So with the risk element, people seem to be turning into total jackass's and turning on a community that they should be trying to support imo.

Not at all. But your analogy falls apart with that. People don't go out and buy EPs for the sole purpose of selling on at a high profit. They would be idiots if they thought that it would provide a safe, consistent venture.

With this vinyl release, people KNOW it's going to make more money. So with the risk element, people seem to be turning into total jackass's and turning on a community that they should be trying to support imo.

I never said anything about a safe venture, I actually said the opposite, as you know. But I still say that a lot of people buy EPs from promising bands because they could be worth something in the future. And by promising that often means that they like the music, so I don't see what makes them idiots.

Archived