Alysum

eh? just hear for yourself! turn it, and if the volume increase is linear, its linear!

mine wasnt log/ex btw, but it did increase suddenly and then not do much until it got to 9-109 then it would push a little bit more. so if your volume is the same as this, your control might be limited between 1-3, if you see what i mean

I've never tried the volume thing on my Squier, it may react differently to now it does on the Ibanez (Not as controlled), so it may be a guitar thing. Also I doubt I'll try it on my Squier as its on it last legs, it survived being thrown and having an 8-10ft drop to the ground at my last gig.

I also have another question to ask, I seemed to have lost track of where I last asked this. I'm going to test an EQ pedal sometime this week with my Fuzz Factory since it seems recommended quite a bit, in fact the one in the hsop is a DOD one (apparently this is also the one Matt uses, never knew that or that he even used one). What kind of settings should I put the EQ pedal to? I have no idea what settings to test on so thought i'd ask here for a rough idea first. I think the DOD EQ is around a 6 to 8 band EQ pedal if I am correct. Thanks for any advice on this question and the one just previously posted.

sigh

only if you also have their setup

you cant just scoop out the mids and then expect to get it with any setup

but yeh, quite a lot of old rock bands do it

yerh obviously they have lots of gain also. I think the EQ can quite contribute to the sound though, some people just ask what Distortion they use and think they will sound like metallica.

I also have another question to ask, I seemed to have lost track of where I last asked this. I'm going to test an EQ pedal sometime this week with my Fuzz Factory since it seems recommended quite a bit, in fact the one in the hsop is a DOD one (apparently this is also the one Matt uses, never knew that or that he even used one). What kind of settings should I put the EQ pedal to? I have no idea what settings to test on so thought i'd ask here for a rough idea first. I think the DOD EQ is around a 6 to 8 band EQ pedal if I am correct. Thanks for any advice on this question and the one just previously posted.

The thing about EQs is that there are no rules, just follow your ears, I use mine to boost certain frequencies (2 highest bands, the very middle band and the second from lowest band (Which makes for fucking amazing palm muting with that frequency boosted)). Some people like to scoop out the mids, something I don't do as I'm the only guitarist in the band and don't fancy getting lost in the mix.

The best way to get a sound you like is to play very loudly, as you'll hear everything better and can cut and boost wherever you see fit.

Guest because
different settings on the fuzz factory will cause more or less change in oscillation as you turn the volume knob. on most guitars the pitch change is very slight, but i've heard of some people getting wider ranges of pitch. the fuzz probe gives you the widest range of oscillation sweep using the probe.

Thats what he's gotta say...and BTW way His new Effect Jonny Ocatve is out in about a month or two.!

Does anyone know what the FF sounds like on an Orange amp, preferably the AD30? It would be great to know what to expect.

So would I.

I've only tried a Line6 FM-4 on an AD15, if that was anything to go by, you'll have a shitload of headroom to play with, so you can get as extreme as you want with it :happy: and it'll just laugh at you saying "Is that all you got?"

Archived