HELP!

I've been assigned to plan an independant art project to show my skills and interests. My canvas? An electric guitar. I need planning ideas to make it musey!

I was thinking album art on different parts of the guitar... Any ideas are very appreciated!!!

Thanks! :D

Look up Jasper Goodall :yesey: he created this cover:

knights-of-cydonia-cd.jpg

Look up Jasper Goodall :yesey: he created this cover:

knights-of-cydonia-cd.jpg

jasper goodall's work is awesome...though he's not a big fan of muse anymore...he didnt like how they asked him to do artwork and then they (i'm guessing matt) changed their minds n got storm to do the cover for BHAR...

i saw him do a talk...that's where i heard all this :) still an amazing artist :)

jasper goodall's work is awesome...though he's not a big fan of muse anymore...he didnt like how they asked him to do artwork and then they (i'm guessing matt) changed their minds n got storm to do the cover for BHAR...

i saw him do a talk...that's where i heard all this :) still an amazing artist :)

He did all the single artwork though, he should at least expect clients to change their minds sometimes. That's the curse of commission, you have to go with the client most times.

Just got done going through the whole thread -- there are some really talented people in here! ...and OMG frenziedsilence -- your work is amazing, I love it!

I'll contribute -- this is what I've spent the last few days on:

111010_mattb1_sm.jpg

:eek: That is perfect!

Just got done going through the whole thread -- there are some really talented people in here! ...and OMG frenziedsilence -- your work is amazing, I love it!

111010_mattb1_sm.jpg

You're so good :eek: OMG, die! :LOL: I'm so jealous!!! :erm:

111010_mattb1_sm.jpg

This is incredible! :happy:

Ooh, tell me more.

was a design conference called semi permanent...and he was showing all his work...and basically said that the designs for the muse covers were in existence way before the band asked for em...though it was in a different format...and then he said that apparently a stack of muse fans asked for artwork so he made quite a bit of money off us asking for posters etc...he basically was saying that he didnt particularly like the fact that he did the artwork and then they changed their mind...

but you know what...i was thinking to myself...its very much like matthew to change his mind...he's very particular about everything so why wouldnt he be about the artwork?

was a design conference called semi permanent...and he was showing all his work...and basically said that the designs for the muse covers were in existence way before the band asked for em...though it was in a different format...and then he said that apparently a stack of muse fans asked for artwork so he made quite a bit of money off us asking for posters etc...he basically was saying that he didnt particularly like the fact that he did the artwork and then they changed their mind...

but you know what...i was thinking to myself...its very much like matthew to change his mind...he's very particular about everything so why wouldnt he be about the artwork?

That seems strange to me, too. Clients are always changing their ideas about what they want anyway and artists are constantly redoing work over and over. I know it's annoying, but isn't that part of the job? :erm:

That seems strange to me, too. Clients are always changing their ideas about what they want anyway and artists are constantly redoing work over and over. I know it's annoying, but isn't that part of the job? :erm:

My point exactly :yesey:

I can't wait to start selling my work :awesome: give it a few more years though.

yup...i reckon its cos they commissioned him to do the artwork and then dumped him and then came back and asked him to do artwork for the singles and they didnt like what he did, and changed their mind again...

i dunno...but he's still bitter...methinks he needs to just suck it up and get over it...he's made quite a bit of money off muse fans buying his artwork (the posters arent cheap...about 95 quid each!)...

yup...i reckon its cos they commissioned him to do the artwork and then dumped him and then came back and asked him to do artwork for the singles and they didnt like what he did, and changed their mind again...

i dunno...but he's still bitter...methinks he needs to just suck it up and get over it...he's made quite a bit of money off muse fans buying his artwork (the posters arent cheap...about 95 quid each!)...

95 quid!?!??

Jesus, I complain about posters over $10. :LOL:

Time for a guitar project update?

I THINK SO!

So, as sad as it is, I haven't had very much time to work on this. So, I've decided to post update pictures on the parts I'm currently working on right now.

(Note: these WILL be touched up and perfected when I finished. So don't look down upon me yet :erm::p )

613818110_Photoon2010-11-13at21_25.jpg.942c6a5a5fea5b8e4f11920d8dedf849.jpg

1688130208_Photoon2010-11-13at21_26.jpg.2b0ff91ed43a273820a27f66276fd0b0.jpg

EDIT:

HEY LOOK A MINOR SIDE PROJECT

1469852270_Photoon2010-11-13at21_32.jpg.66abb529ad1fc29e1489ba08a66ae203.jpg

Archived