Watch the video for Resistance on MTV

KirkBot

ffa6bf1f-564f-43bf-b601-a00df33a0995.jpgThe brand new video for Resistance is now available to watch online on MTV worldwide. The video, directed by Wayne Isham, was shot in Madrid at the band's show there last November. The single will be released in the UK on Monday 22nd February.

Click on the links below to watch:

USA

REST OF WORLD

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/583/watch-the-video-for-resistance-on-mtv/

Yes, I noticed that too also a little bit earlier in the song. And what about Chris' mustache? It comes and goes too :chuckle:

EDIT to add: I like it. It's not perfect, they have done better videos (and definitely worse), but it's not bad. It's making me even more excited about concerts in 2 month (46 days to be exact :musesign::eyebrows::party: )

Glad that you are able to see it. Everytime I go in it seems to have a mind of its own and is wanting to show me every other video instead. Ho hum, will keep trying....

Took me a little work to figure it out. Went to muse.mtv.com and then clicked on "Show more videos" and then I was able to see it. The links on muse.mu don't seem to work

Go here: http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/muse_uk_/videos.jhtml

I am disappointed with the video. Yes, it gives Muse a great image live but the editing is atrocious. Matt's guitars and Chris' basses are changing constantly, Matt playing the piano, and the lazers from New Born and Undisclosed Desires just ruin it. They could've easily done it with out ruining it by putting parts of other songs in. And the radio edit of the song is horrific :eek:

A great concept for a video of The Resistance tour, a poor outcome.

I am disappointed with the video. Yes, it gives Muse a great image live but the editing is atrocious. Matt's guitars and Chris' basses are changing constantly, Matt playing the piano, and the lazers from New Born and Undisclosed Desires just ruin it. They could've easily done it with out ruining it by putting parts of other songs in. And the radio edit of the song is horrific :eek:

A great concept for a video of The Resistance tour, a poor outcome.

Aren't live videos generally compiled from lots of bits of songs though? If they hadn't added bits of other songs there would be no lasers, no balloons etc. At least this way the viewer gets more of an idea of the whole Muse live experience.

the beginning is awesome.

the rest UHM idk.

they put together 2 different songs, i mean.

Matt at the piano, and the piano magically disappears.

at first they're on the towers then BAM they off the towers.

then towers, then green lights while they're performing on stage.

wtf.

if it was a problem making it because of a lack of live material,

then change the subject.

i like it, but really, with all the gigs they've done, this vid could have been A LOT better.

Aren't live videos generally compiled from lots of bits of songs though? If they hadn't added bits of other songs there would be no lasers' date=' no balloons etc. At least this way the viewer gets more of an idea of the whole Muse live experience.[/quote']

True but I think live videos are a cop out to be honest, if you're going to do a live video it should be for a song where everyone's going crazy, like something heavy which this song isn't.

It looks like a great tribute to fans as well, but dubbing the live performance with the album track is not the best idea they could come up with :noey: (meaning they could have made a live vid with live perf)

Also, the guys were talking so much about the references for this song that I always thought the video would somehow show it....

No bad, but it leaves me with a taste of unfinished work :stunned:

Muse videos never seem to work, I come to expect it now, I really don't understand why.

True, so true...it's really weird, they have bits of great ideas in lots of them but it never goes all the way :eek: (could just make an exception with Bliss though :D)!

The camera seem to like them:p but obviously someone is having a bit of a hard time chosing the right projects and/or Directors :LOL:

True, so true...it's really weird :eek:

The camera seem to like them:p but obviously someone is having a bit of a hard time chosing the right projects :LOL:

Indeed, they need to sack whoever chooses what to do for videos or they could end up with this huge back catalogue of crap :LOL:

Yes Bliss was good and Time is Running Out.

Resistance is actually a really, really intense song. Just listen to the drums, the bassline, just listen to the mood of it. It's not some pop song. It might not be heavy either but it is intense and deserves it's own single release. If you want a video to MK Ultra etc then go make one and watch it as many times as you wish.

Archived