Watch the video for Resistance on MTV

KirkBot

I think that cause Resistance is the title track of the album, they took various parts from various songs just to give an idea of a whole show from The Resistance Tour.

I thought that too.

In fact, you all speak well for myself. :LOL:

Aww don't diss the UD video now.......it had some good bum shots :eyebrows:

Well, yeah, that was the best part for sure. :yesey:

This video sucks more dick than Dom.

And yes: I know they're on tour, but they had a hell of a lot of time over the holidays to do something.

or hell, have another hysteria video where they're not in it at all.

That's a bit harsh, innit? :erm:And they probably wanted to spend time with their families over the holidays since they've seemed pretty busy the whole rest of the year. I'm just sayin'...

When they're walking down the corridor at the beginning all I can imagine is a trailer for some awful American blockbuster complete with dramatic American male voice! ''Muse.....Coming to a theatre near you soon'':LOL::LOL:

When they're walking down the corridor at the beginning all I can imagine is a trailer for some awful American blockbuster complete with dramatic American male voice! ''Muse.....Coming to a theatre near you soon'':LOL::LOL:

I was hoping that Dom would "trip" just like in the Wembley rehearsals. :LOL:

Resistance is actually a really, really intense song. Just listen to the drums, the bassline, just listen to the mood of it. It's not some pop song. It might not be heavy either but it is intense and deserves it's own single release. If you want a video to MK Ultra etc then go make one and watch it as many times as you wish.

I second to this one

Song was butchered and it's a live video, aka the 'We can't be fucked to actually make a video/ spend any money on something a bit more decent'... there's a Supermassive sense of laziness with Muse singles lately. I've given up hope! :(

Having said that, the video isn't awful... it's edited well (despite some obvious glitches, lol), but this song deserves SO much more. It's an intense, beautiful track, and it's just been given pretty crap reception/ attention from management. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna go moan some more in the third single thread about how they've hacked this awesome song to pieces in the radio edit! My LAWD, they srsly stole its essence! :'( lol.

this is THE worst video they could've come up with.

its a huge mess. out of sync, and not a good live song to choose as a single (their on fucking towers the whole song, how entertaining can that be?)

1/10. what the fuck, muse? this album comes out and then they just start half-assing with tour designs and music videos.

didn't think there would be so much hate. Yes, they could have done more, but it's a bit hard when they're on the road a lot no?

Hate aside, it reminds me of that In Your World vid, where they try to kind of convey the feeling of what their concert looks like. So they took the liberty of using different clips, we all know Hullaballoons aren't during Resistance, for example.

Anyways, it's okay, nothing amazing, but I'm not gonna bash it or call them lazy. :stunned:

^ each to their own, but the reason a lot of us are saying this is because we've come to expect a lot from Muse... waaaay more than what they've given us in The Resistance era of singles, and we know they can do better than to release a live video and an awfully edited version of a great song.

I don't usually care too much about singles/ videos - apart from spaffing over new b-sides - but we haven't even been given the chance to do that because they've released shitty remixes, instead. All of that spells laziness to me. Doesn't make them any less awesome in my eyes... it's just a bit disappointing when you compare it to previous releases, especially the very early days when we used to get 2 b-sides on 2 separate CDs with videos and live versions etc.

I dunno if anyone else commented on this, but I think all of the close ups, even with matt on the guitar or Dom on the drums were shot at a different time and not during the show. I think that's pretty obvious though, seeing as they are standing on the towers the whole time.

Yeah, I noticed that. There's some scenes that look like they're performing during shows and others that look like they've been shot separately (like in a studio or sommat) for some reason, lol.

Archived