You know Muse have made it in the US when...

Britrock

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is an old thread. I love seeing how Muse has come such a long way...:)

EVERYDAY, I hear them on KROQ-my favorite radio station (they play Starlight, KoC, and SMBH wayyyy too much >_>"") I've even heard SMBH on The Hills in an episode, I hear them in the mall all the time, & once, I went to a CPK-California Pizza Kitchen, and heard B&H :p I remember going into the bathroom to listen to it before it ended :$ yeah,

I know-I'm sucha loser. :rolleyes:

last year I had my dad watch the Glastonbury dvd and when B&H came on he said he heard it piping through the sound system @ Bellevue Square just earlier that day! That was even before Knights was big here! My daughter loves SMBH and was very prompt to tell me that it played on "The Hills" at some restaurant or club they were at during the show.

The end here plays Starlight ALOT even still. But they also play, SMBH, Knights, TIRO, Hysteria, SS, but thats all I remeber hearing.

Selling out? Such a silly term. They've just become popular, nothing wrong with that. They deserve the recognition.

They deserve the recognition, but I can also relate to what Mr. Jingles says. Selling out doesn't always mean they get the recognition they deserve, and vice versa.

• 1 year later...
They deserve the recognition, but I can also relate to what Mr. Jingles says. Selling out doesn't always mean they get the recognition they deserve, and vice versa.

too true. i really liked when i could introduce new people to muse but now when i mention them or have friends listen to song, they're like "oh i love muse! they're that band with that song on 'Twilight'!":eek: UGH!

Making into the States means...

- Having hits on Top 40 radio

- Making appearances on TRL

- Having 'American Idol' hopefuls covering your song

- Being on constant rotation on MTV

All of these equal to... SELLING OUT

I much prefer to hear people tell me for the 1000th time...

MUSE? WHO ARE THEY?

I doubt anyone could really cover Muse songs. Not really something you sing in karoke and Matt's vocal is not easy to cover :rolleyes::LOL:

I doubt anyone could really cover Muse songs. Not really something you sing in karoke and Matt's vocal is not easy to cover :rolleyes::LOL:

A girl did sing Feeling Good on the American Idol audition show. I think she was accepted to go to Hollywood.

I wonder if Matt sang Feeling Good or some other song, if Simon, Paula & Randy would let him go to Hollywood?...lol.

A girl did sing Feeling Good on the American Idol audition show. I think she was accepted to go to Hollywood.

I wonder if Matt sang Feeling Good or some other song, if Simon, Paula & Randy would let him go to Hollywood?...lol.

Simon: That megaphone bit was utterly atrocious.

Paula: Oh sweetie, I love your aloha shirt, but it just isn't good enough to make you go to Hollywood.

Randy: :LOL:...Dog!

Alas, I have never heard Muse outside my world. Well except for Guitar Hero :stunned:

The radio stations here are SHIT. All but one of them are owned by the same corporation evilness that only plays the crappiest fodder ever. The one station that is independent plays more classic rock. This is why the only radio I will listen to out here is NPR. :nerd:

I guess a good way to gauge when Muse sells out is when one of the corporate-shit stations out here plays them :LOL:

Did Muse cover Feeling Good from someone or was the song was made for them? :erm: cause I heard Micheal Bubble sang that song once.

Simon: That megaphone bit was utterly atrocious.

Paula: Oh sweetie, I love your aloha shirt, but it just isn't good enough to make you go to Hollywood.

Randy: :LOL:...Dog!

:LOL: Then the judges must be deaf :rolleyes: If Matt did go for American Idol audition, what song should he sing? ::rolleyes: Hhmmm....

This is only because of Twilight, unfortunately.

:noey: Unfortunate.

...when youre friends, who've sworn to never EVER like muse, who have never even heard of muse before you came around, and who mock you for your love of muse, start to love muse themselves. They start putting their songs on their myspaces, and declaring their love for them.

(This happened AFTER twilight came out, and twilight "made them like realize how good muse are". :facepalm:)

Archived