Reading most of this thread makes me feel like I'm gonna die in the pit. Haha. :(

I'm only 5'1", but I got strength and I've been through a lot of pain in my (almost) 21 years of life. I've never experienced being in a pit at a concert, the closest is probably seeing them at the 2009 VMAs (third row center from the stage), but we still had a lot of space (and velvet seats. ;) ).

I dunno. I'm gonna try going for the barrier, because knowing me I'll get stuck behind a tall person (happens every single time). And whoever crowd surfs by me will get knocked the eff down by yours truly. :D

Reading most of this thread makes me feel like I'm gonna die in the pit. Haha. :(

I'm only 5'1", but I got strength and I've been through a lot of pain in my (almost) 21 years of life. I've never experienced being in a pit at a concert, the closest is probably seeing them at the 2009 VMAs (third row center from the stage), but we still had a lot of space (and velvet seats. ;) ).

I dunno. I'm gonna try going for the barrier, because knowing me I'll get stuck behind a tall person (happens every single time). And whoever crowd surfs by me will get knocked the eff down by yours truly. :D

i see your making the trip to wembley. thats awesome.

Good one:LOL: Well that sounds good then:happy: I just hope the barrier won't break:chuckle:

Christina:)

yeah apparently the crowd for dizzee was mental

oh dear....:facepalm: my bad my dear!

the only time i've ever ever seen the barrier break was at yellowcard at the big top...they had to stop the show to fix it!

on the topic of crowd surfers, they are annoying to me cos i've had one land on the back of my neck and i pulled a muscle in my neck and my neck was strained for at least a week...not so good when you need to work...

If crowdsurfers feel the need to experience a bit of rough and tumble with an added high they should ask Mummy to buy them a can of Red Bull and take them to the adventure playground to play with all the other children :yesey:

If they want to fly they should jump out of an aeroplane.

They should not feel it is their right to lie on top of and kick people who are trying to enjoy a gig. Seriously, if anyone does it to me I'll make sure it hurts them. FOAD crowdsurfers.

I thought the whole point of crowdsurfing was to be groped by as many people as possible... honestly what the heck are you expecting???? :rolleyes:

If you weigh over 100 lbs don't do it and don't come near me because I will drop your heavy arse.

Edited by RiverIsis

I thought the whole point of crowdsurfing was to be groped by as many people as possible... honestly what the heck are you expecting???? :rolleyes:

If you weigh over 100 lbs don't do it and don't come near me because I will drop your heavy arse.

:LOL:

For the crowdsurfing talk, here's my piece:

1) Don't say "poor security." They fucking LOVE IT when people crowd surf. I talked to the guys at the DC/Baltimore shows and they hated when no one crowdsurfed in DC but when all the crowdsurfing happened in Baltimore, they thought it was a much better show. Crowdsurfing makes their job more fun.

2) It really depends on the show. You're an idiot if you go to a rock show and don't expect crowdsurfing. If you can't deal with it, stay in the back of the pit or get a seat. Most bands WANT crowdsurfers though, and I've seen a lot of bands highly encourage it with incentives, like most recently, last week at 30 Seconds to Mars.

3) I do agree it should be limited to smaller people. That's just common sense. I would never crowdsurf myself.

4) Expect to be groped, and possibly have your clothes ripped off. As the security guys said, "it's like legal rape."

Hmm, think that's all. :D

You're an idiot if you go to a rock show and don't expect crowdsurfing. If you can't deal with it, stay in the back of the pit or get a seat.

I am NOT an idiot and I do expect it.

This doesn't make it right, it does not mean the idiots (the crowdsurfers) have the right to rub their smelly arses, cocks and fannies all over my head, to kick me in the face etc etc.

Stay at the back? Why the fuck should I? I can deal with it but I will hurt anyone doing it over me.

For the crowdsurfing talk, here's my piece:

1) Don't say "poor security." They fucking LOVE IT when people crowd surf. I talked to the guys at the DC/Baltimore shows and they hated when no one crowdsurfed in DC but when all the crowdsurfing happened in Baltimore, they thought it was a much better show. Crowdsurfing makes their job more fun.

Yeah the security guard in Sheffield really enjoyed having his nose busted, it's so much fun having an idiot kicking you in the face.

2) It really depends on the show. You're an idiot if you go to a rock show and don't expect crowdsurfing. If you can't deal with it, stay in the back of the pit or get a seat. Most bands WANT crowdsurfers though, and I've seen a lot of bands highly encourage it with incentives, like most recently, last week at 30 Seconds to Mars.

Oh if the band wants it then it's okay then. Does that mean that if a band wants people to start doing drugs at a gig to enhance the experience and have fun we should do it because eh! the band wants to.

3) I do agree it should be limited to smaller people. That's just common sense. I would never crowdsurf myself.

Common sense is not to do it at all - you can have fun at a gig without running it for the people around you.

4) Expect to be groped, and possibly have your clothes ripped off. As the security guys said, "it's like legal rape."

Hmm, think that's all. :D

Any crowdsurfer passing over me shall be punched, have their hair yanked or pinch until their blood stop running, that's all.

I am NOT an idiot and I do expect it.

This doesn't make it right, it does not mean the idiots (the crowdsurfers) have the right to rub their smelly arses, cocks and fannies all over my head, to kick me in the face etc etc.

Stay at the back? Why the fuck should I? I can deal with it but I will hurt anyone doing it over me.

Didn't say you were an idiot. I said people who expect people to not crowdsurf are. :rolleyes: And usually if you don't get a spot in the middle, you can stay out of the way of crowdsurfers. It's really not that hard. Ducking helps too. But all the karma to you if you punch a crowdsurfer and they fall on you. That DOES make you an idiot, and quite an asshole, as they could get seriously hurt. It's not like they asked to go over your pompous head, that's just the way they were pushed. Not to mention, they're not out to get you, like you seem to be out to get them.

But as I said, I don't crowdsurf and never will, but I do think you guys are being a little bit unfair to the people who do. They're really not that bad, and comparing the two shows I went to in the pit, the environment was much more energetic and intense when there were crowsurfers, and the band usually gets into it more, so yes, if the band wants crowdsurfers, that is kind of important, because otherwise they may put on a shit, lackluster performance.

And again, saying you're going to punch crowdsurfers puts you WAAAAAY below their level. As much as you despise them, that is definitely NOT the high route out, violence is never the answer. It just makes you look like complete douche bags.

And again, saying you're going to punch crowdsurfers puts you WAAAAAY below their level. As much as you despise them, that is definitely NOT the high route out, violence is never the answer. It just makes you look like complete douche bags.

I am sorry but if this people have no respect and consideration for other people and putting them in arms way then why should I have any respect for them. My neck hurt for several hours after a gig because of a stupid crow surfer and yeah I ducked... I ducked so much that I miss a good part of a song. I really love watching the cold steel of the barrier instead of the band. Sorry but if those people are not interested in my safety by starting something as stupid and selfish as crowdsurfing, I am not interested in making sure that they escape unharmed.

Crowsurfing is selfish and put others in danger.

most kicks/hits/whatever are when the person is trying to balance themselves and sucks at it

i say that "putting others in danger" is sort of pushing the limit on that. possibly yourself from being dropped.

after the point tickets have been purchased knowing the environment is that way ahead of time, is really just preference. i also prefer people that dont like crowd surfing to stick to the back. both preferences hold the same weight.

I am sorry but if this people have no respect and consideration for other people and putting them in arms way then why should I have any respect for them. My neck hurt for several hours after a gig because of a stupid crow surfer and yeah I ducked... I ducked so much that I miss a good part of a song. I really love watching the cold steel of the barrier instead of the band. Sorry but if those people are not interested in my safety by starting something as stupid and selfish as crowdsurfing, I am not interested in making sure that they escape unharmed.

Crowsurfing is selfish and put others in danger.

They're selfish for wanting to enjoy their show, as are you. And you come out looking like the immature one by punching teenagers. :rolleyes:

L: agenthal, i know you prefer to enjoy your time wearing makeup... but i dislike it. and will punch you if you do not enjoy things the same way as me.

:LOL: +1

I want to punch the people next door to me for blasting Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" this morning.

They're selfish for wanting to enjoy their show, as are you. And you come out looking like the immature one by punching teenagers. :rolleyes:

No they are being selfish because they are doing something that is dangerous and can injure other people. You see I like having fun at a gig but accept the fact that I am not the only there and it's all about being respectful. I wouldn't want to hurt people or ruin the gig for them but obviously a crowd surfer is only interested in their own fun and nobody else.

L: agenthal, i know you prefer to enjoy your time wearing makeup... but i dislike it. and will punch you if you do not enjoy things the same way as me.

srly though it's not about enjoying different thing we all like different thing but if you do something that put myself and my friends in danger there will be retributions.

For me crowsurfers are just disrespectful.

Crowd surfers are cunts.

Selfish, selfish people who only give a shit about having a lol at the expensive of maybe kicking someone in the face or crushing someone smaller than them.

I agree. Whole load of them at Bloc Party, security were getting proper pissed off. Overheard one of the 'surfers' bragging in the toilets about how awesome it was when he 'nailed some dude right on the nose'. Judging by the noises coming from his cubicle he really was full of shit.

What makes me lol about dealing with crowdsurfers is when people say "Just duck and avoid them, then you'll be okay!" because tbh, people have paid good money to watch a show - they have not paid good money to duck and miss entire songs. Why should they miss songs they have paid to watch just because someone thinks it's fun to go sailing over their heads?

I agree. Whole load of them at Bloc Party, security were getting proper pissed off. Overheard one of the 'surfers' bragging in the toilets about how awesome it was when he 'nailed some dude right on the nose'. Judging by the noises coming from his cubicle he really was full of shit.

That guy is a cunt. I don't think all of them meant to be though.

Sounds it.

What makes me lol about dealing with crowdsurfers is when people say "Just duck and avoid them, then you'll be okay!" because tbh, people have paid good money to watch a show - they have not paid good money to duck and miss entire songs. Why should they miss songs they have paid to watch just because someone thinks it's fun to go sailing over their heads?

Exactly. I'm not going to shell out around £50 for a ticket to miss 2 or 3 songs because some wanker decides they fancy a bit of a surf across me. Not only that, if you are at the front chances are everyone is pretty tightly packed so sometimes you don't even have the room to move away or duck down.