I just got GA tickets for the Newark, NJ show, but I have a quick question. Why are the tickets saying Section GA3, Row GA9, Seats 135-136? Is that just for sales/documentation purposes, or do they section off the GA sections according to that End Stage seating chart that comes up on the Ticketmaster page?

I also have to say that this has been a pretty interesting thread through which to browse. I have never been to a Muse show before (I'll have seats at the NY show the night before), but I am a bit surprised at some of the posts. I've been in GA for RATM and Radiohead. I had an arm on the rail at the Rage show, and am pretty sure that I couldn't be somewhere crazier than that. Am I wrong?

And please guys... add a FL date (preferably Miami)!

I just got GA tickets for the Newark, NJ show, but I have a quick question. Why are the tickets saying Section GA3, Row GA9, Seats 135-136? Is that just for sales/documentation purposes, or do they section off the GA sections according to that End Stage seating chart that comes up on the Ticketmaster page?

I also have to say that this has been a pretty interesting thread through which to browse. I have never been to a Muse show before (I'll have seats at the NY show the night before), but I am a bit surprised at some of the posts. I've been in GA for RATM and Radiohead. I had an arm on the rail at the Rage show, and am pretty sure that I couldn't be somewhere crazier than that. Am I wrong?

And please guys... add a FL date (preferably Miami)!

Ticketmaster normally gives seats number on GA tickets as it is a way for them to count how many have been sold.

RATM is much crazier than Muse in terms of crowd.

I think she meant 'what's GA like at a gig in Australia?'

I do know that ribs can be broken on the barrier at festivals like BDO...

Yeah that's what I meant, but thanks Evelyn:chuckle:

yeah I have heard a few stories like that, but is BDO usually more wild than gigs anyway?:erm: I haven't been to either but I have heard some BDO stories and it sounds crazy.

oh right...tis that ging? or is it sophie? can you tell i havent been on the boards in a while and i've lost track of whos who?

i was at BDO on the barrier and the worst it got was during dizzee rascal...during muse it was fine...mind you i was on chris' side so it usually isnt that crazy on his side...though in london, i wasnt on the barrier but i was on matt's side of the stage and it didnt get too crazy either...

I've been to 7 MUSE gigs now, and I'm doing three more over this summer, and I could not imagine sitting down to songs like Knights of Cydonia, Plug in Baby and Stockholm Syndrome.
I only use seats for before - so when GA is sitting on their bums on the floor. And between sets.

I will admit, it is nice to sit down for a spell during the opening to "Exogenesis: Symphony (Overture)". But...I think that's because I was standing from "We Are The Universe" => "Plug In Baby".

:stunned: I'm not very fit and I managed to stand all the way through the concert.

Well I'm going for the worst of both worlds GA in Cincinnati :rolleyes:

Australian crowds are pretty cool, although the gig I went to in 2007, we kind of managed to break the barrier :LOL: Although that wasn't strictly the crowd's fault, I have to point out. Idk, it was lively but everyone seemed ready to help people out if they needed it.

Good one:LOL: Well that sounds good then:happy: I just hope the barrier won't break:chuckle:

oh right...tis that ging? or is it sophie? can you tell i havent been on the boards in a while and i've lost track of whos who?

i was at BDO on the barrier and the worst it got was during dizzee rascal...during muse it was fine...mind you i was on chris' side so it usually isnt that crazy on his side...though in london, i wasnt on the barrier but i was on matt's side of the stage and it didnt get too crazy either...

Christina:)

yeah apparently the crowd for dizzee was mental

I was doing a lot of sweating and was getting dehydrated, so the quick sit before the encore was a welcome relief. :$

I sat down, perched on the back of my seat, purely in awe, think my entire motor function was limited to stopping me from drooling from my dropped jaw :LOL:

Crowd surfers are a really pain.

I was at the barrier at Sheffield and me and a friend missed the end of SS and part of KoC because so many surfers had to taken out. At one stage one was dragged over my head and I heard my neck crack and the poor head of security ended up with a busted nose because of one crowd surfer's feet...

Good one:LOL: Well that sounds good then:happy: I just hope the barrier won't break:chuckle:

It seems to be a pretty rare event, so I daresay it'll be okay :chuckle:

my and my little sister had the opportunity to get to the front at the Echo gig in november, but we didn't want to leave our grandad aha

any advice for crowd surfing? we fancy giving it a go- security warned us about the 3 strikes rule though.

Any advice? Sure - don't do it :)

Crowd surfers are a really pain.

I was at the barrier at Sheffield and me and a friend missed the end of SS and part of KoC because so many surfers had to taken out. At one stage one was dragged over my head and I heard my neck crack and the poor head of security ended up with a busted nose because of one crowd surfer's feet...

+1 it's such a bad idea, and so unfair on everybody else.

but they're not leaving the people beneath them alone, are they? which is the point being made, I think...

No, they're a bloody nuisance and a danger. People are trying to enjoy a gig and next thing you know you get someone crashing on top of you.

Exactly. Crowdsurfers = wankers.

my and my little sister had the opportunity to get to the front at the Echo gig in november, but we didn't want to leave our grandad aha

any advice for crowd surfing? we fancy giving it a go- security warned us about the 3 strikes rule though.

just remember if you try and fail, Matt will probably point and laugh at you:chuckle:

also, if you get barrier and surf, you'll probably lose your spot and there is the danger of being pick pocketed, losing shoes(which if you plan to try, wear soft ones because they are less likely to hurt the people below you), and getting groped:(

http://www.wikihow.com/Crowd-Surf

just remember if you try and fail, Matt will probably point and laugh at you:chuckle:

also, if you get barrier and surf, you'll probably lose your spot and there is the danger of being pick pocketed, losing shoes(which if you plan to try, wear soft ones because they are less likely to hurt the people below you), and getting groped:(

http://www.wikihow.com/Crowd-Surf

matt arena spoke to dom and matt about that plug in baby fail crowd surf! lol

I don't normally object to crowd surfing. The only time I ever got pissed was when there was this obese guy trying to crowd surf. It was ridiculous. Cedric of TMV said in the middle of a song, "hey you fat ass your gonna crush the small people! let's not have the bigger people crowd surfing again, huh?"

Well crap...This is intense. I bought our tickets for the 10-8-10 show in OKC the second the presale started (5 am my time), and I could not get four seats together. I would LOVE the pit even though I'm only 5'4; however, the youngest in our group is my nephew who is 12. Any suggestions???

By the way, thanks for all posts. Great advice. We plan to get there around 11 for a decent spot, which sounds like it will change throughout the night. Maybe I'll stuff my pockets with food, candy, and mini bottles of alcohol to help me bond with my neighbors!

Maybe go as a larger group with other members of this board. Anyone ever done that?