It was so tame in my pit. I think I was the worst offender because I kept bouncing into the guy behind me's belly and landing on the feet of the chick next to me. (*If you are reading, sorry for landing on your feet a few times*). Anyways, lots of terror for nothing. :chuckle:

Hey wait, I was the chick next to you, silly! :LOL: You know I don't care. I was going a bit nuts, myself. :)

Ugh I hate the douchebags who try to squeeze their way up front. When I'm on the front rail or barrier or whatever at shows and people are trying to force their way in, I get the urge to stretch my legs back. I may even kick the douchebags. What a shame. My apologies. :shifty:

people that try that with me usually get a face full of hair...my hair is long and tends to flick around when i turn my head (its usually in a ponytail), they tend to move away...my secret weapon :)

Bad Religion is amazing live! Blink, not so much -- it was hilarious a few years back when Green Day opened for Blink (yes, you read that right) and more than half the audience left after GD because Blink were just so boring....

Bad Religion was great! But it was a bit sucko to hear all the teeny boppers going, "Who the hell is this band?"

Blink wasn't horrible, but they weren't so great either. It was more hilarious to watch the parental reactions to some of their raunchy stories. :LOL:

Green Day is FAR better than Blink could've ever hoped to be. I can understand people leaving after GD. :)

thats actually a pretty good idea. ive been reading posts where people are all 'dont take a purse!' etc. and im going, but where the hell do i put my money (if needed)??? in my pocket? shoe? good grief. But your suggestion is the best ive heard so far, thx!

You're welcome! :D

I should have mentioned, it's best to use a baby diaper pin, if you have one. That way it won't come unlocked.

The pits I've seen on Youtube have been okay (moshing during Stockholm and Cydonia-better than the horrific pit at The Mars Volta (because everyone was stoned off their ass) or the "I-hope-I-make-it-out-alive" pit at Saliva at the Scout Bar.

Hey wait, I was the chick next to you, silly! :LOL: You know I don't care. I was going a bit nuts, myself. :)

:facepalm: You're a well-loved member; I didn't want to get flamed for saying "Hey I was stomping on Furygirl!" :LOL: Our pit was pretty pleasant though. :D

I just had a cunning-plan kind of thought, of putting phone and camera on lanyards (where the wrist-strap goes) and then attaching them with a keyring or carabiner or something to jeans belt-loop or bag-strap or whatever, both as a way of reducing pickpocket risk and risk of dropping, if you let go it's only going to go as far as the strap goes, also it makes it easier to swap from one to the other for tweeting or whatever... prolly not a new thought but I don't think I've seen it mentioned in this thread...

Here are some things I have noticed since I've been to 3 shows (Patriot Center VA, was at barrier on Chris' side, 1st Mariner Arena MD, was at barrier on Matt's side and Madison Square Garden NY, had seats in 300's) this month.

In VA & MD, once we were let in and we got to our spots up front, we were told to sit down on the floor. I don't know if it's like that everywhere.

I didn't take a bag or purse into the pit. I found some cargo pants with some very deep pockets, I had my phone in one and camera in other. I took the tip I read on here about putting my car key and money in my bra and it worked very well, I didn't have to worry about losing anything. :chuckle:

As we were let in in VA, I held my camera and phone in my hand and the security only had to glance at it.

The pit in VA was extremely tame where I was. The people around me barely moved.

The pit in MD was more energetic. By the end of that one, I was pressed right up against the barrier and I did feel a few small crowd surges but nothing too crazy. There were many crowd surfers at that one so in between looking at Muse on stage, and jumping and stuff, I was keeping an eye on the security because when they would point, it meant they spotted a crowd surfer coming up. The security also offered us water here. (They didn't do that in VA.) Also if you're at barrier and try to take pics, you might have someone try to push their way into your spot when you raise your arm to take a pic.

My friend and I had a guy fall on us from the seats above us at MSG during KoC, not good at the time but it's funny now. Who knew, the seats were rough.:p We also had some people sitting below us who smoked a lot of weed during the whole show.

Edited by bellamy'szetagirl

seriously, the pit isnt too bad...i've been to worse...and the only time i've ever been on the barrier for muse was at the big day out in sydney...the crowd surges and pushing was worse during dizzee rascal than during muse! so you'll be fine :)

was worth waiting the entire day for them in the end :)

I just had a cunning-plan kind of thought, of putting phone and camera on lanyards (where the wrist-strap goes) and then attaching them with a keyring or carabiner or something to jeans belt-loop or bag-strap or whatever, both as a way of reducing pickpocket risk and risk of dropping, if you let go it's only going to go as far as the strap goes, also it makes it easier to swap from one to the other for tweeting or whatever... prolly not a new thought but I don't think I've seen it mentioned in this thread...

I think those are great ideas -- certainly workable, but I would just be careful b/c some carabiners are only toys and will slip out. I guess if you're talking camping carabiners rather than cheap-o 3/$1 pack of 'em. I just ordered a new metal-link lanyard long enough to go 'round the neck, if only my post office would get the delivery straight! :rolleyes:

As far as reading this thread before my gig in Chicago, I was pretty well-prepared for what to expect. The only thing I didn't expect and wasn't mentioned was people on the barrier trying to edge you from your barrier spot before the show even beginning for the opening act. I don't know if it was just a fluke and I just happened to be between two douchbags trying to squeeze me out, but it did make an impact on how I enjoyed the gig.

So if that happens, just stand your ground and keep your hands firmly in place as well as your feet.

As for being 'Blinded by the Bellamy' with his green laser. He must have done something because when he lasered me, I didn't feel anything except happiness and excitement. :D

As far as reading this thread before my gig in Chicago, I was pretty well-prepared for what to expect. The only thing I didn't expect and wasn't mentioned was people on the barrier trying to edge you from your barrier spot before the show even beginning for the opening act. I don't know if it was just a fluke and I just happened to be between two douchbags trying to squeeze me out, but it did make an impact on how I enjoyed the gig.

So if that happens, just stand your ground and keep your hands firmly in place as well as your feet.

As for being 'Blinded by the Bellamy' with his green laser. He must have done something because when he lasered me, I didn't feel anything except happiness and excitement. :D

I have a little trick I use for people who are clearing trying to squeeze at the barrier... when they put their hands on to squeeze in, I just place my elbow on their hand and put my weight on it... I promise you they normally take it out pretty quickly.

But that's only if they are clearly trying to pinch a spot not if they are holding on because of a crowd surge.

no one has yet mentioned the "elbows out, on top of the rail" position and "hold, until you've either negotiated a peace with them or they get a frakkin' clue"? :LOL: who told me that, it was one of you lot, here.

as for purse-less options, I'm continuing to go with my "concert vest". my picture here is super lame :rolleyes: but you get the idea. if you're not doing the cargo pants, but still need a couple pockets that aren't as easy a target as your jeans, then maybe you can get a little crafty and add pockets inside something like the attached pic.

I tried one of those mini-cross-body bags in Detroit -- didn't have much in it, as I even forgot my effing camera, but I had to take it off partway through Uprising b/c it was banging around so much! so no purses! :D

vest.jpg.334dbea28927cb6cb27d68cf7740e545.jpg

Which gig are you going to? I'm guessing a summer festival gig? You have a few months to work on your upper body strength...

Wembley :D True, been trying my entire 16 year old life to work on my upper body strenght though and it's pretty impossible... also I don't think I stand a chance to a big tattooed 30 year old muse fan :LOL: Also my short friend won't grow in 6 months :stunned:

This just posted by tulaplee on FB:

IF YOU CAN SEE MUSE TWICE, DO IT. ONCE FROM THE BARRIER, ONCE FROM THE SEATS. THERE IS NO APPRECIATING THE MASSIVENESS THAT IS THE STAGE FROM THE BARRIER.

So if you have seats, don't despair!

IF YOU CAN SEE MUSE TWICE, DO IT. ONCE FROM THE BARRIER, ONCE FROM THE SEATS. THERE IS NO APPRECIATING THE MASSIVENESS THAT IS THE STAGE FROM THE BARRIER.

I've seen the show from seats. Cannot wait to see it from the barrier. :awesome:

i got blinded by the laser as well...i even have it in my video of uprising from the O2 in london :)

i hate that...a little bit of selective pinching always seems to work...and foot stomping :)

I have a little trick I use for people who are clearing trying to squeeze at the barrier... when they put their hands on to squeeze in, I just place my elbow on their hand and put my weight on it... I promise you they normally take it out pretty quickly.

But that's only if they are clearly trying to pinch a spot not if they are holding on because of a crowd surge.

i had a few people try that at big day out...its ok if someone tells me that they are going to put their hand there to hold on...that's fine...but people that squeeze their hand in and then progressively put the rest of their body in is just annoying...lucky for me i had one of the struts from the barrier support to hold onto so that was what i was bracing myself with :)

I've seen the show from seats. Cannot wait to see it from the barrier. :awesome:

oh trust me its even better from the GA area...had that in london...seats first night in the nosebleed section in the rafters and the second night was GA...soooo excited :)

I have experienced Muse gigs from the barrier, from seats both near the stage and at the back and from standing a lot further from the stage. All are each a different experience in their own way. One of the worst gigs I was at the barrier so don't think you have to be there every single time :LOL:

I agree. I have seen Muse from barrier center, from left and right close to stage and from the back. My favorite gigs were from barrier (obviously) and from the back. Strangely enough, being closer to the stage in seats didn't add to the experience, actually I enjoyed it more from the back, the music was clearer and I could see the whole stage at once :)

I agree. I have seen Muse from barrier center, from left and right close to stage and from the back. My favorite gigs were from barrier (obviously) and from the back. Strangely enough, being closer to the stage in seats didn't add to the experience, actually I enjoyed it more from the back, the music was clearer and I could see the whole stage at once :)

I would say it depends on venue where the best sound is. We were closer in Nashville than in Atlanta and the sound was better overall in Nashville. Seated both times.