but just like you, I don't want to wait there all by myself.... (I wanna get barrier too ;) )

some people have been lining up as early as 6am for other shows, but I don't know if we'd have to be there that early to get barrier since some people show up even after 12pm and are still able to get a good spot.. :rolleyes:

Well I'm not going to be standing this time but when I saw them back in Seattle last December I got there about 5-6 hours before doors opened and I was able to grab first row at the barrier. Little did I know I wouldn't last...I asked the security guards to get me out of there. I couldn't stand it anymore! So good luck with standing at the barrier. I guess you can handle it.

This time I'll be sitting very very close to the stage. Much better :-)

Just how early are you planning to get there?? The earliest for me will probably be around 9 (cause I'm coming all the way from Fresno...) but just like you, I don't want to wait there all by myself.... (I wanna get barrier too ;) )

some people have been lining up as early as 6am for other shows, but I don't know if we'd have to be there that early to get barrier since some people show up even after 12pm and are still able to get a good spot.. :rolleyes:

Yup, I've been reading stories about people camping out the night before! :eek: I'm thinking around 8ish for me. I only live 3 BART stations away, and it looks like other people on here are going early too.

lol, Im in the same situation as you. I have a friend who has class too, I wana go early to get a good spot, but I don't wanna be alone. I wanna be there around 8 or 9 .

If we're all going to be there by ourselves, we should just keep each other company! I was just thinking about how boring it's going to be waiting for hours in line.

We're getting there early, and anyone can hang out with us!

How early are you guys going? This is actually my first real Muse show! I went to NSSN...but I don't know if that counts? Muse fans seem really nice. It would be nice to chat with other fans while we're waiting in line. :D

I've been reading about using the BART system at night and it seems like it's not a very safe thing to do. Especially if you're traveling alone. I'll be staying in San Francisco. For those who live there....do you advise that I take a cab back to my hotel or should I risk it and take the BARt after the concert is over? :erm:

I've been reading about using the BART system at night and it seems like it's not a very safe thing to do. Especially if you're traveling alone. I'll be staying in San Francisco. For those who live there....do you advise that I take a cab back to my hotel or should I risk it and take the BARt after the concert is over? :erm:

As a frequent user of BART, it depends what station you're getting off at. I've been to other concerts and games at Oracle and never felt like I was in any danger, usually because there's always a lot of people using BART to get back home too. Getting off at San Francisco is a whole other story. I don't know people are going to get off in SF, and I'm a bit worried about someone who isn't from around here walking around the city at night alone. Do you know how far your hotel is from the station? It's going to cost a lot of money to get a taxi to take you from Oakland to SF. Maybe you can get a taxi at the sf BART station?

Also hoping that the crowd for the Oracle gig are way better than the crowd for Not So Silent Night,that crowd was dead and still throughout the whole night,well that's what I think based on the videos I saw on Youtube but hopefully the crowd is better in two weeks.

i'm so back and forth on this damned thing because my mom's made it more complicated than it is. :rolleyes:

how long did it take for your shirt to arrive?

I ordered mine on Jan 21st, they shipped on Jan 25th and were delivered on Jan 29th.

Hope that helps!

for those still wondering about the shirts, I ordered mine on the 30th and it came today so last minute orders are still doable I think.

My brother decided to go at the last minute so he's looking for a ticket so if anybody has any an extra ticket to sell please throw me a line! I'm planning on being there at 4:30 or 5ish with a friend and the rest of my group will probably meet up with us there, I'm actually the biggest fan among the group but I'm sure they'll be converted after the concert. I'm probably going to do what JessicaSarahS suggested about the parking situation.

Also hoping that the crowd for the Oracle gig are way better than the crowd for Not So Silent Night,that crowd was dead and still throughout the whole night,well that's what I think based on the videos I saw on Youtube but hopefully the crowd is better in two weeks.

I won't be in GA but I'll be in seats near the floor - I intend to stand, dance, jump around (in moderation so as to not injure people nearby :LOL: ) and sing and scream along. On one hand I don't care what anyone thinks and will enjoy a concert regardless -- at the same time I'm hoping the crowd will be enthusiastic enough that I don't feel like I'm the only one :erm: - it's all part of the atmosphere really.

I won't be in GA but I'll be in seats near the floor - I intend to stand, dance, jump around (in moderation so as to not injure people nearby :LOL: ) and sing and scream along. On one hand I don't care what anyone thinks and will enjoy a concert regardless -- at the same time I'm hoping the crowd will be enthusiastic enough that I don't feel like I'm the only one :erm: - it's all part of the atmosphere really.

That's great to hear that you'll be jumping around :D.I know I'm going to be jumping like crazy if they play RBS since they've played it twice in the last few weeks.Also I'm thinking that maybe the crowd at Not So Silent Night mainly consisted of radio fans and maybe that is why the crowd was dead and maybe this time more hardcore fans will attend the Oracle gig.Just saw footage of Muse at Bill Graham in 07,the crowd was crazy during B&H,so I know there's hardcore Musers in the Bay Area.

That's great to hear that you'll be jumping around :D.I know I'm going to be jumping like crazy if they play RBS since they've played it twice in the last few weeks.Also I'm thinking that maybe the crowd at Not So Silent Night mainly consisted of radio fans and maybe that is why the crowd was dead and maybe this time more hardcore fans will attend the Oracle gig.Just saw footage of Muse at Bill Graham in 07,the crowd was crazy during B&H,so I know there's hardcore Musers in the Bay Area.

This is a relief :) good to know. I won't lie - I've been looking forward to seeing this one concert since... I missed them in Edmonton back in 2005 (?) and then I move here, buy tix for this gig, and then I was thinking of visiting friends in Canada around when they had their Edmonton gig [bliss! argh!] and here I am so anticipating this one show. I know I'll see them in the future (*hopes*) but I want the gig to be fantastic (good crowd as well as everything else)

Yup, I've been reading stories about people camping out the night before! :eek: I'm thinking around 8ish for me.

It doesn't sound like a nice camping area (ha)...I'm thinking no later than 10am for me. I'm driving about 6 hours or so, and my plan is stay in Pleasanton and do BART to/from the show. I hope this isn't a stupid idea--that would be a helluva cab fare!!! :LOL:

If we're all going to be there by ourselves, we should just keep each other company! I was just thinking about how boring it's going to be waiting for hours in line.

Yep. Also, I have no idea of what the arena/coliseum area is like, so for safety it would probably be nice to have groups to find restrooms, look for food, etc. if necessary while others hold their spots in line. Tribework! :)

This is actually my first real Muse show!

Mine and my wife's, too! Can't wait!

This is a relief :) good to know. I won't lie - I've been looking forward to seeing this one concert since... I missed them in Edmonton back in 2005 (?) and then I move here, buy tix for this gig, and then I was thinking of visiting friends in Canada around when they had their Edmonton gig [bliss! argh!] and here I am so anticipating this one show. I know I'll see them in the future (*hopes*) but I want the gig to be fantastic (good crowd as well as everything else)

I know how you feel,I missed them back in 2007.Yeah they're really lucky getting Bliss and RBS.I am expecting some rarities for the Oracle gig because they have been playing a few rarities this last few weeks and also because in their last European arena show they played B&H and Sunburn.The Oracle gig will be their last arena show before Coachella,so I'm hoping they finish their US arena tour with a couple of rarities :D.

You won't be alone! :D

I'm in the seats near the floor as well (section 116, Row 1). I'll be so close to Matt! :p;)

I am so excited for this show!!

Just saw them in Portland the other day, and now in Oakland the day after my B-day! This is going to be the best birthday ever!!

I took the day off of work to get down to the bay as soon as I can....trying to figure out when people are going to start lining up...wanna make sure I get a good spot on the barrier towards the center for this show. (These 2 MUSE shows are my b-day present to myself)

I don't really know of much around the area, as far as people taking turns to get food or whatever, and they charge you $25 for parking, and I don't believe they have in and out privileges....so that may be difficult.

*update* I just read what some of you posted about parking not opening till later in the day...that would really suck.

I am driving down there alone from Sacramento...is anyone else heading down there along the I-80 corridor? Maybe we could carpool, and if someone has to stand in line while the others wait to park, I wouldn't mind doing that. I really don't want to be hanging around Oakland alone for hours before they decide to let me park, and then run to get in line and already have a bunch of people there. (that would defeat the whole purpose of taking off work. ha)

I am so excited for this show!!

Just saw them in Portland the other day, and now in Oakland the day after my B-day! This is going to be the best birthday ever!!

I took the day off of work to get down to the bay as soon as I can....trying to figure out when people are going to start lining up...wanna make sure I get a good spot on the barrier towards the center for this show. (These 2 MUSE shows are my b-day present to myself)

I don't really know of much around the area, as far as people taking turns to get food or whatever, and they charge you $25 for parking, and I don't believe they have in and out privileges....so that may be difficult.

*update* I just read what some of you posted about parking not opening till later in the day...that would really suck.

I am driving down there alone from Sacramento...is anyone else heading down there along the I-80 corridor? Maybe we could carpool, and if someone has to stand in line while the others wait to park, I wouldn't mind doing that. I really don't want to be hanging around Oakland alone for hours before they decide to let me park, and then run to get in line and already have a bunch of people there. (that would defeat the whole purpose of taking off work. ha)

Ugh! Does the coliseum really charge $25 for parking? That's outrageous! :eek:

I'm coming from Davis and might possibly be interested in carpooling, not sure yet.....

I have a GA ticket, too, so I was planning to get there somewhat early to get a good spot in the crowd. I usually go for barrier off to the side as barrier front and center is too much crush for me...

I'm bringing my own snacks for waiting in line. :) That area of Oakland is sketchy, so I didn't want to have to walk alone around there too much, like too far from the venue, to get food or whatever.

Ugh! Does the coliseum really charge $25 for parking? That's outrageous! :eek:

I'm coming from Davis and might possibly be interested in carpooling, not sure yet.....

I have a GA ticket, too, so I was planning to get there somewhat early to get a good spot in the crowd. I usually go for barrier off to the side as barrier front and center is too much crush for me...

I'm bringing my own snacks for waiting in line. :) That area of Oakland is sketchy, so I didn't want to have to walk alone around there too much, like too far from the venue, to get food or whatever.

Let me know if you would like to carpool.

Yes unfortunately they love to stick it to you (to put it politely) with parking at the Arena...Sometimes they have it up to $30!!

I would most likely bring a snack and some water as well. Wish there was parking at the Bart station...that would make things much easier, and cheaper.

Like I said, I have the entire day off of work, so I am up for leaving whenever. We can split gas, and the ridiculous parking fee if you would like. I wonder if there are any more MUSE fans heading to the show from Sac or Davis that may want to carpool???

Let me know if you would like to carpool.

Yes unfortunately they love to stick it to you (to put it politely) with parking at the Arena...Sometimes they have it up to $30!!

I would most likely bring a snack and some water as well. Wish there was parking at the Bart station...that would make things much easier, and cheaper.

Like I said, I have the entire day off of work, so I am up for leaving whenever. We can split gas, and the ridiculous parking fee if you would like. I wonder if there are any more MUSE fans heading to the show from Sac or Davis that may want to carpool???

That is so lame about the parking fees! :indiff:

I will let you know soon whether I want to carpool. I don't personally know anyone else coming from Sac/Davis but there's gotta be some people coming from this area. We could put a notice on Sac craigslist for carpooling..?

Quick question! Isn't there more than one entrance at the arena? How do I know where to wait in line at? I don't want to get lost or anything. :$

It doesn't sound like a nice camping area (ha)...I'm thinking no later than 10am for me. I'm driving about 6 hours or so, and my plan is stay in Pleasanton and do BART to/from the show. I hope this isn't a stupid idea--that would be a helluva cab fare!!! :LOL:

Yep. Also, I have no idea of what the arena/coliseum area is like, so for safety it would probably be nice to have groups to find restrooms, look for food, etc. if necessary while others hold their spots in line. Tribework! :)

Mine and my wife's, too! Can't wait!

That looks like a good idea, especially since Pleasanton is a good city to stay in.

I'm kind of afraid to drink anything before the show because of the whole restroom situation! There is absolutely nothing in that part of town because it's all industrial. The only thing I can think of is the restroom in the BART station? It's probably nasty though...

That reminds me that I need to bring my own food too. There are no food places that are in a walkable distance from the arena.

That reminds me that I need to bring my own food too. There are no food places that are in a walkable distance from the arena.

Yeah...bringing your own food is always the best bet. Gosh, the more I think about this, the more I remember how hanging 'round the Oakland coliseum all day is not exactly easy or fun :erm:........we've gotta try to make this fun, people!! :yesey:

See you all in line..... :)

Archived