So those of you who have been there: what's the venue like?

and how is this radio pre sale gonna work?

The floor area is supposed to be really big. They call it the Cow Palace for a reason--its where ranchers would go to trade/buy livestock. This was long before they converted it to a big ol' venue for shows and the like of course.

That was one of the fastest pre-sale sellouts I've seen... fortunately I got through... w00t!

I suspect it was an extremely small batch of tickets for today's pre-sale, and there will be another batch reserved for Thursday's radio pre-sale. Check the Live 105 site/account (I'm assuming they're the radio station sponsoring, though I could be wrong) for pre-sale password for that, and then go here to buy at 10am Thursday.

Oracle Arena's a decent venue, just saw them playing there last Friday on a so-so sound system and it sounded great.

I've seen shows with nearly unlimited presales, and I've seen shows where only 200 tickets per 20,000 seat venue were reserved for pre-sale. On both ends of the spectrum things can suck (when there's no limit scalpers usually end up winning, and too few then everybody's frustrated). But in general it's only a small number (on a venue the size of Oracle Arena I'd say no more than a couple thousand for all pre-sales, with most probably being held for Thursday). The whole idea is to help generate buzz, hype, and a sense of urgency, so that when the general on-sale happens they sell through them as quickly as they can.

Not Muse's fault, that's how the concert business works.

The whole thing is probably made a bit worse because Muse just played the NSSN show. People who were there are dying to see the full show (which I can assure you is awesome, my gf and I went to Dublin last month to see them), and the people who weren't there but have been hearing the buzz don't want to miss out next time.

If you missed out on today's pre-sale, don't freak out just yet. Thursday's coming, and then Saturday soon after. To help stack the deck in your favor, go check your Ticketbastard login and make sure your address and credit card info are current, so you can get in and out as quickly as possible. And make sure you've got money in the account or room in your limit, since it's a pricey ticket - $50 plus fees for reserved seating (the side ring) and $60 plus fees for GA/floor.

Saw MUSE Friday at NSSN and cant wait for more. The pit was really tame. It seemed like the crowd was to enraptured with the music to go insanely wild. We all were really in sync with the music & singing along & rockin' out, but I saw no wild pits or crowd surfing etc.

Just a crowd respectfuly in awe!

Anyone know which radio station is doing the pre-sale? I tried the link above for 92.3 and couldn't connect to a web page. Pissed I missed the pre-sale today! Help please if you can.

Archived