I posted this over in the merch thread, but no one wants to help me out so I'm going to make my plee here as well...

Would ANYONE who is going to this show be willing to pick me up a hoodie from merch if I pay you IN ADVANCE (cost of hoodie + shipping). I can do paypal or money order and would be eternally grateful!!!!!! If it's a terrible inconvenience I would be willing to throw in a cash incentive. As you can see I want one of them really, really bad. :(

I'm excited to meet everyone at Dick's, too! Behnaz and I were at TheEnd's free show last night with The Temper Trap and we were talking about maybe heading down a little early (maybe an hour or two?) in case anyone wants to meet up earlier. I'll probably hit Easy Street Records since I never get to go there, and just wander around a bit.

You went to concerts underage? :eek::chuckle: I gotta say, I do miss those days sometimes...

We'll probably arrive in Seattle later in the afternoon around that time so I'll try to meet up with whoever is there earlier if I can. During the dinner at Dick's I might have to run out and grab a meal for myself from somewhere else as I don't eat burgers and it doesn't look like they have a veggie burger on their menu. Don't think I can eat fast food before a gig anyway knowing that I'll be jumping up and down a little while after eating. :LOL:

We'll probably arrive in Seattle later in the afternoon around that time so I'll try to meet up with whoever is there earlier if I can. During the dinner at Dick's I might have to run out and grab a meal for myself from somewhere else as I don't eat burgers and it doesn't look like they have a veggie burger on their menu. Don't think I can eat fast food before a gig anyway knowing that I'll be jumping up and down a little while after eating. :LOL:

Meh, I'm not a burger fan either, but I'm not really one for having a full meal before shows either. ;)

Meh, I'm not a burger fan either, but I'm not really one for having a full meal before shows either. ;)

Aye, same. Usually the only thing that my nervous, pre-gig self is able to eat before a show are granola bars. As long as I have a handful of them with me I'm good to go.

Aye, same. Usually the only thing that my nervous, pre-gig self is able to eat before a show are granola bars. As long as I have a handful of them with me I'm good to go.

Don't forget, Dick's has great milk shakes too - you could just have a ilk shake for dinner. :D

Don't forget, Dick's has great milk shakes too - you could just have a ilk shake for dinner. :D

No way I could do that before the gig. My plan is to get one after and take it with me during the drive from Seattle to Portland. :yesey:

Speaking of the Dick's meetup, there's a discussion on this subject on the Facebook group right now. We originally decided on 6:00pm, but we might want to bump that up a little. I think doors are at 6:00pm and SSPU go on at 7:00pm (and it sounds like they are very punctual). If this is correct, Muse will probably go on around 8:30pm.

Maybe we should start the Dick's meetup at 5:00pm and people can arrive anytime between then and 6:00pm? That would allow people to just come and go as they please, depending on when they want to get into the venue.

As for myself, I don't mind arriving at 5:00pm and hanging out past 6:00pm for anyone who shows up later (Mary & Rog :D).

If you're planning to meet, please share your thoughts on this.

Milkshake? For dinner?

I like the way you think. :D

No way I could do that before the gig. My plan is to get one after and take it with me during the drive from Seattle to Portland. :yesey:

I don't think a milkshake is going to do it for me on the drive from Seattle to Portland. I'll need something with major caffeine... maybe a Frappuccino? :yesey:

Speaking of the Dick's meetup, there's a discussion on this subject on the Facebook group right now. We originally decided on 6:00pm, but we might want to bump that up a little. I think doors are at 6:00pm and SSPU go on at 7:00pm (and it sounds like they are very punctual). If this is correct, Muse will probably go on around 8:30pm.

Maybe we should start the Dick's meetup at 5:00pm and people can arrive anytime between then and 6:00pm? That would allow people to just come and go as they please, depending on when they want to get into the venue.

As for myself, I don't mind arriving at 5:00pm and hanging out past 6:00pm for anyone who shows up later (Mary & Rog :D).

If you're planning to meet, please share your thoughts on this.

Milkshakes before AND after I say! Woo HOO!!! :LOL: Mel - you can stop in a coffee shop and get a shot of espresso to toss into your milkshake for the drive to Portland! I'm all for 5pm. Since I'm right over in the hotel across the street. I keep forgetting to visit the FB page... I'll check in there next. How late are Mary and Rog getting to Dick's?

Milkshakes before AND after I say! Woo HOO!!! :LOL: Mel - you can stop in a coffee shop and get a shot of espresso to toss into your milkshake for the drive to Portland! I'm all for 5pm. Since I'm right over in the hotel across the street. I keep forgetting to visit the FB page... I'll check in there next.

:D whuuf! I'll need me some lactose pills :LOL:

Milkshakes before AND after I say! Woo HOO!!! :LOL: Mel - you can stop in a coffee shop and get a shot of espresso to toss into your milkshake for the drive to Portland! I'm all for 5pm. Since I'm right over in the hotel across the street. I keep forgetting to visit the FB page... I'll check in there next. How late are Mary and Rog getting to Dick's?

Brian gets off work here in Tacoma at 4:30; he's our rate-limiting factor. So 5:30 to 6ish I think. We all have to go together so we can head out for Portland right after. (ROAD TRIP!)

No plans to get barrier, prob will try to be in the middle-ish on Chris' side and get some vids/pix.

Okay, so I'm new to the message board thing, so bear with me :)

I'm going to the Seattle concert (AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!) and I have general admission tickets, so I'm assuming they let you in and it's a mad dash for the front? I'm not sure, so...expert Musers...what the heck should I expect?! Should I show up at the crack of dawn for this epic mad dash? :D Thank you!

Brian gets off work here in Tacoma at 4:30; he's our rate-limiting factor. So 5:30 to 6ish I think. We all have to go together so we can head out for Portland right after. (ROAD TRIP!)

No plans to get barrier, prob will try to be in the middle-ish on Chris' side and get some vids/pix.

Mary, I will probably wait for you guys to show up at Dick's, then we can head over to the Key together and see how close we can get in the pit.

Ordered my new ZS3 today, so I will officially be a new member of the Lumix club. I'm counting on Rog to teach me how to use it. When you get to Vancouver, assuming we haven't gone inside yet, come find me at the front of the queue. :D

I'm SO ready for NW MuseFest!!! :dance::\mm/::musesign:

Okay, so I'm new to the message board thing, so bear with me :)

I'm going to the Seattle concert (AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!) and I have general admission tickets, so I'm assuming they let you in and it's a mad dash for the front? I'm not sure, so...expert Musers...what the heck should I expect?! Should I show up at the crack of dawn for this epic mad dash? :D Thank you!

Welcome! *waves hello*

Appears you're coming from Spokane? Just wondering, as there is another boardie here (Shelbi) who is also coming from Spokane. She was recently worried about lack of transportation (car trouble) and was possibly looking for someone to share a ride?

Yes, it's kind of a mad dash for the front, although security prefers that you don't run. Some venues will boot you to the back for racing to the barrier. So, work on your speed-walking skills in the next couple weeks. :chuckle:

If you want barrier, best to be there first thing in the morning. It's hard to say exactly what time to show up. At some of the recent gigs, people have shown up by 9-10am and have gotten barrier, but at other gigs, you need to be there even earlier. I'm not queuing early for the Seattle gig, so I'm not even going to venture a guess. Mary/gocanux started an excellent thread a few months back that I highly recommend reading. It should answer a lot of your questions. :yesey:

GA/pit vs Seats: know what to expect

If you decide not to queue early and join the mad dash, we're having a dinner meetup at Dick's on Queen Anne (just a couple blocks from the venue) before the gig. Please feel free to join us and meet some of your friendly neighborhood .MU boardies!

Oh! And if you haven't joined the Facebook group yet, click on the link in my signature. :D

Welcome! *waves hello*

Appears you're coming from Spokane? Just wondering, as there is another boardie here (Shelbi) who is also coming from Spokane. She was recently worried about lack of transportation (car trouble) and was possibly looking for someone to share a ride?

Yes, it's kind of a mad dash for the front, although security prefers that you don't run. Some venues will boot you to the back for racing to the barrier. So, work on your speed-walking skills in the next couple weeks. :chuckle:

If you want barrier, best to be there first thing in the morning. It's hard to say exactly what time to show up. At some of the recent gigs, people have shown up by 9-10am and have gotten barrier, but at other gigs, you need to be there even earlier. I'm not queuing early for the Seattle gig, so I'm not even going to venture a guess. Mary/gocanux started an excellent thread a few months back that I highly recommend reading. It should answer a lot of your questions. :yesey:

GA/pit vs Seats: know what to expect

If you decide not to queue early and join the mad dash, we're having a dinner meetup at Dick's on Queen Anne (just a couple blocks from the venue) before the gig. Please feel free to join us and meet some of your friendly neighborhood .MU boardies!

Oh! And if you haven't joined the Facebook group yet, click on the link in my signature. :D

Thanks a bunch Wicked and Divine! That was really helpful! I would offer Shelbi a ride over, but I'm already hulling a group (only one of which is going to the concert with me) so I'm already full, but if I wasn't, I'd love to help out a fellow Muse fan unless you were some kind of murderer or something :LOL:

Okay, so just be ready to recieve bruses and possibly deal with douchbags, and wear comfy closed shoes, check! But I do have another question, I have GA8 seat 88 or something like that so am I going to be secluded to a section or something? I really have no experience here so pardon the somewhat rudimentary questions!

I think I'm going to try and line up as early as possible so probably won't make the Dicks excursion, haha...

Plus, I bought my tickets through a third party internet ticket seller (and they're e-tickets or fast tickets w/e), so I'm REALLY worried they are fake... which is stresssssing me out immensly because, well, it's a muse concert for Petes sake I have been dying to go to... who wouldn't worry?! Am I going to have to discover if they are fake while trying to get in? I've called ticketmasters where they are illegedly from, with no help (OF COURSE!) are there any major clues they are real/fake?!

Again, sorry for so many questions but you all seem excessively nice, so I think you'll tolerate it :)

Thanks a bunch Wicked and Divine! That was really helpful! I would offer Shelbi a ride over, but I'm already hulling a group (only one of which is going to the concert with me) so I'm already full, but if I wasn't, I'd love to help out a fellow Muse fan unless you were some kind of murderer or something :LOL:

Okay, so just be ready to recieve bruses and possibly deal with douchbags, and wear comfy closed shoes, check! But I do have another question, I have GA8 seat 88 or something like that so am I going to be secluded to a section or something? I really have no experience here so pardon the somewhat rudimentary questions!

I think I'm going to try and line up as early as possible so probably won't make the Dicks excursion, haha...

Plus, I bought my tickets through a third party internet ticket seller (and they're e-tickets or fast tickets w/e), so I'm REALLY worried they are fake... which is stresssssing me out immensly because, well, it's a muse concert for Petes sake I have been dying to go to... who wouldn't worry?! Am I going to have to discover if they are fake while trying to get in? I've called ticketmasters where they are illegedly from, with no help (OF COURSE!) are there any major clues they are real/fake?!

Again, sorry for so many questions but you all seem excessively nice, so I think you'll tolerate it :)

We are a nice bunch -- Musers in general are a very nice bunch!

The tickets: they are probably real, but the problem with buying TicketFast tix from a 3rd party is that they could have made a zillion copies and sold them all, but with only one barcode. Your best bet is just what you are doing: be right up front in line and get in early. Not only will you have a good chance for barrier, but if there are multiple tix with one barcode, yours will be scanned first. Might be wise to carry some cash in case you're screwed and the ticket is fake. There are always scalpers selling tix, and they get rather desperate at showtime and after, and drop their prices. Might miss the opener and the barrier, but you'd be in.

All the GA tix have numbers like that, for inventory control or something. No worry, if it's GA you're in the pit. See ya there!

First Muse concert? OMG you are in for a life-changing experience!

Archived