Wow, Dan... long day at school. :ohmy::(

Thankfully, I can listen from my desk at work all day... at least, when I'm not in meetings.

Good luck, everyone! Would SO love for one of us to win! :D

Editor's late night for journalism, I'll be there for a while.

I should have clarified - it's not that I can't use my phone at school, it's that I can't ever get any service. :(

Good luck to everyone else though!

Editor's late night for journalism, I'll be there for a while.

I should have clarified - it's not that I can't use my phone at school, it's that I can't ever get any service. :(

Good luck to everyone else though!

Ah, I did journalism in high school, too. I remember having to stay late quite often. I was also a photographer for the paper, back when we used 35mm film and actually developed the photos ourselves in the darkroom. :ohmy: OMG - I can't believe that was 20 years ago. My reunion is this year. LOL! :LOL:

You're at Liberty, right? My ex-fiance's nephew went to school there. I think he graduated 2-3 years ago... Chance Drake.

Ah, I did journalism in high school, too. I remember having to stay late quite often. I was also a photographer for the paper, back when we used 35mm film and actually developed the photos ourselves in the darkroom. :ohmy: OMG - I can't believe that was 20 years ago. My reunion is this year. LOL! :LOL:

You're at Liberty, right? My ex-fiance's nephew went to school there. I think he graduated 2-3 years ago... Chance Drake.

Oh small world... I just realised your location is Ren'n. :facepalm:

I'm still not done working, blehhhhh. Anybody win anything today thus far?

I think you'll be okay at 8am. ;)

You could order a .MU forum member t-shirt with your name on it. There will be at least a few of us wearing them, me included. I posted the details awhile back, but you may not have seen them. Here's a link:

.MU Forum Member T-shirts

Spreadshirt is pretty quick, but at this point I'd recommend expedited shipping if they offer it.

Of course, you could make your own shirt, too. Either way, I'll try to watch for you.

Are you on Facebook? If so, you should join our Seattle group. The link is in my signature below. That way, you can try to match up some of our names to photos. Or, we could also post photos here so we might recognize each other?

Hmm...I believe I'll wait to buy one after the concert in case in doesn't make it!

I did join the facebook page, so I'd be there (Katie Wallis). My plug in for my camera is lost in the bottomless pit of my room so I haven't been able to put up pictures for...well....6 months? heh... maybe should get one :LOL: but I'll try to find a picture!

Spring Break after tomorrow SO EXCITED. Then, MUSE CONCERT, EVEN MORE EXCITED!!!

Heck. Yes. :awesome:

Oh and I think 8am is the decided time to be at the arena, so...hope for prime spots!

SO TRUE! Yes, once I'm finished with "NW MuseFest", I MUST start saving my money again for another trip this fall. I don't expect they'll be back in the NW again, but I suppose you never know. :unsure:

Sue, I'm so looking forward to meeting you! I'm planning to be at Dick's by 5pm, and I'm hoping to be downtown even earlier than that. I figured I would go by the venue beforehand to say hello to anyone I recognize in the queue. I also want to stop by Easy Street Records since I never get to go there. If you're around, we could meet up a little early. Anyone else is welcome, too! :D

You MUST queue early with us for Portland! :musesign:

If they come back to Philly in the Fall, which I think they will you're more than welcome to crash here! Not sure what we'll be doing in the day Friday. I'll send you my cell # on GoatsArse and you sen me yours so we can try to meet up earlier. Will have to see what my other WTFM friends want to do in order to determine Portland plan - since we've never been there, we want to see some sites... but plan to stay around a little bit on Sunday too before getting the one friend back to Seattle for her flight back to San Francisco that night.

I must still be angsty. I guess I've been angsty since junior high. Do I need therapy or something? :chuckle:

Me too - no therapy needed - just good museic!

The End starts giving away tickets tomorrow, once again at 9, 2, and 5

http://www.1077theend.com/pages/6640835.php

Waaah! Have to be a Washington State resident to enter. No fair! :'(

Hahahaha! I think Chance is the best friend of my nephew! My daughter has the biggest crush on him. My nephew went to Liberty Brock Hurley. Super small world!!!

a few questions from a first time MUSE concert go'er!

what time do the doors open?

How will the show look and sound from the back of the key arena? I have seats that look right at the stage but we are going to be at the top of the arena and was wondering if it will still look/sound good from there?

this ones kinda random but.... whats the #1 song everyone will be singing along with? im guessing Knights of Cydonia

How will the show look and sound from the back of the key arena? I have seats that look right at the stage but we are going to be at the top of the arena and was wondering if it will still look/sound good from there?

this ones kinda random but.... whats the #1 song everyone will be singing along with? im guessing Knights of Cydonia

Hello, welcome! I saw Weezer a year ago from the back (close to the floor though) and although they looked small, the sound was nice and clear! I've never had any problems with sound at the Key and I've seen many shows there.

I believe doors are at 6:00, though please don't quote me on that.

I've been situated all over Key Arena for several shows. The sound is hit or miss. Being that it's a giant concrete building with no acoustic tiles tends to cause the sound, mostly the low frequencies, to bounce around. If the band uses high end gear and the engineer working the board knows what he's doing than the sound is usually fine. Muse do in fact spend a lot of money on their PA and have one of the best crews to dial in that sweet sound. The clarity in the top level won't be as nice as standing in front of the stacks or dead center on the arena floor, but it should be fine. You'll get a little more noticeable echo up there as well as more crowd noise since you're further back from the source. I don't expect it to e all that bad, though.

As for the view, Muse has one massive set, so standing back has its advantage. You'll be able to take in the entire light show, which is damn cool. You just won't be able to see the guys sweat or catch glasses and harmonicas that get thrown to the first row.

As for a sing-a-long son. Supermassive Black Holes maybe? I'd say it's one of the better known songs and has ushered in a new fan base for them. Knights, Starlight, and Uprising all have some clapping or fist pumping interaction to go along. Watch MB for the cues ;)

As for a sing-a-long son. Supermassive Black Holes maybe? I'd say it's one of the better known songs and has ushered in a new fan base for them. Knights, Starlight, and Uprising all have some clapping or fist pumping interaction to go along. Watch MB for the cues ;)

Don't forget that Matthew has the crowd sing for the first bridge of TIRO and now sometimes a partial chorus of PiB. ;)

Don't forget that Matthew has the crowd sing for the first bridge of TIRO and now sometimes a partial chorus of PiB. ;)

Yes, those as well. He really does get the crowd involved one way or another for most of the singles. Now, if everyone in the arena would join in it might almost feel like a Euro gig.

You uh, don't have to be a WA resident to win the tickets, just have to have someone in WA you can list as your address. Being Canadian you probably couldn't enter though, as I think they ask for your SSN now for tax purposes.

You uh, don't have to be a WA resident to win the tickets, just have to have someone in WA you can list as your address. Being Canadian you probably couldn't enter though, as I think they ask for your SSN now for tax purposes.

They only ask for your SSN if the prize is valued over $200. At least that's what promotions told me when I won $420 worth of Qdoba. :D

They only ask for your SSN if the prize is valued over $200. At least that's what promotions told me when I won $420 worth of Qdoba. :D

You're a real bastard, you know that? lol I hate their new "one entry only" text to win stuff though. Like on the weekend, I can text in halfway through the song after their cue to win, and be six or seven. And now I text halfway through the cue and they already got 107 texts? Uh huh. It's very obviously not working as advertised. And that's only ok when it happens in my favor, ok?

And they like to get SSN now to put you in their prize database so they can easily pull your info, and so if you get a total of 600 + they have it for taxes. I don't think I quite hit 600 last year...cuz I let my brother and his roommate pick a bunch of stuff up for me and that doesn't count :LOL:

I emailed the Key asking how things were going to work on the day of the concert, so if anyone is interested, here is what the manager replied back with:

"At this point, we plan to allow people to begin lining up at noon on the east side of the venue. Doors open at 5:30pm. We plan to begin distributing wristbands at 4:30pm to people in line with GA floor tickets. At 5:15pm we’ll move the wristbands inside and distribute the rest from our main concourse after doors open."

Hope this helps :)

I emailed the Key asking how things were going to work on the day of the concert, so if anyone is interested, here is what the manager replied back with:

"At this point, we plan to allow people to begin lining up at noon on the east side of the venue. Doors open at 5:30pm. We plan to begin distributing wristbands at 4:30pm to people in line with GA floor tickets. At 5:15pm we’ll move the wristbands inside and distribute the rest from our main concourse after doors open."

Hope this helps :)

yeah, I called up too and they said that they do not let anyone line up until noon... :/

I want to get a good spot.

Archived