Exo-Politics and Zetas Appreciation Thread

Max Moon

Did you realise you type Zetas only with your right hand?

You mean left, right?

Anyway, yeah, Exo-Politics is probably my favourite song on the album and I'm really disappointed that they've yet to play it live.

hm. I think I liked the song better before to know that :LOL:

Bells and his ridiculous paranoid conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

Read Jim Marrs' book Alien Agenda, and The 12th Planet series by Zecheriah Sitchin, and it won't seem so ridiculous.

I think we re a lot of people wondering why that one hasn t been performed live since burning bandits in April 05 :stunned:

I m gonna PM Tom Kirk about that, at last telling him to ask the boys about why it s not on the current set lists .

LEt us know if you get a reply. It's especially important that they play it at the LA show, at the (open air) Greek Theater.

Read Jim Marrs' book Alien Agenda, and The 12th Planet series by Zecheriah Sitchin, and it won't seem so ridiculous.

Lot of theories can pretend to prove their points in books, but that doesn't mean they're truth.

Unless I actually see an alien and he tolds me he and his friends drawn circles in fields to piss us off, or kidnap people to experiment stuff on them, or plan to make us all slaves in goldmines, I won't believe anything of it, sorry. :)

Hehe - Matt is brilliant! I've been liking this song more and more as i listen to the album and it is fast becoming my favourite, but i had no idea what the song was about, so i looked up Zeta's, assuming that it might well be something to do with aliens and i found this website ---> http://www.crystalinks.com/zeta.html, which explains a lot i think.

Anyway, it gives the song something extra and i just have to love Matt for it (yikes, i'm beginning to sound groupie-ish), and it makes me love the song all the more for its' wackiness! And you learn something too! I wish i could be as open minded as Matt - i really do!!

Oh, and thanks to the person who posted the exo-politics site, i had no idea that the title had some meaning too!

Rebecca.

Muse has given Mulder a theme song.

Exactly

This song would work perfectly as the new X files Anthem

FOX.jpg

Now close your eyes and imagine Matthew Bellamy and Fox Mulder hand in hand singing loudly "I m waiting patiently I ll wait for the sign" while watching the sky together

Now close your eyes and imagine Matthew Bellamy and Fox Mulder hand in hand singing loudly "I m waiting patiently I ll wait for the sign" while watching the sky together

:LOL: I imagine perfectly :LOL:

Am I the only one that gets reminded of pirates for some wierd reason, when listening to this song? Especially the guitar. Yarr! We arr space-pairets!

you sound much like one of my friends. he seems to be able to relate everything back to pirates.

when i listen now, because i know what a Zeta is, i love to imagine space ships destroying earth...im not normal am i...?

More EP love and stuff here with the first ever "cover" of it by a totally amateurish trio .

Be aware u can t listen the voice at all and that it was their first play of the song just after listening to it the night before :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJlYqvsGO9k&search=exo%20politics

Really fun (the guitar solo is wrong and the voice not audible but the rest is really good I love the drums)

you sound much like one of my friends. he seems to be able to relate everything back to pirates.

when i listen now, because i know what a Zeta is, i love to imagine space ships destroying earth...im not normal am i...?

If you were normal you wouldn't be here.... I would hate to be normal!

More EP love and stuff here with the first ever "cover" of it by a totally amateurish trio .

Be aware u can t listen the voice at all and that it was their first play of the song just after listening to it the night before :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJlYqvsGO9k&search=exo%20politics

Really fun (the guitar solo is wrong and the voice not audible but the rest is really good I love the drums)

OH MY F**K!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!

if you're wandering what is hilarious this is it: listen and you can hear the actual song playing in the backgorund :D

OH MY F**K!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!

if you're wandering what is hilarious this is it: listen and you can hear the actual song playing in the backgorund :D

ROFL Yeah

U can barely hear the "singer" here but can hear the band :LOL:

The drummer face is hilarious too :D

gameshow.jpg

Eric Deanda, 12, practices the Zeta Reticulan's alien greeting during a 'game show' held

at City Hall March 15

"City brings in aliens to teach civics

By MICHELLE KU

Hovering unobtrusively in the Cupertino skies last week was a delegation from Zeta Reticuli, a solar system located millions of miles away. The alien representatives were on a peaceful mission to teach Cupertino children about city government and the environment.

For years now, the Zeta Reticulans have observed the harm earthlings have inflicted on their planet, and for years they've tried to alert humans to the problem through silent means--like crop circles--but each attempt failed.

Three years ago, they found a more effective way to communicate: They abducted Michael Murphy and taught him how to preserve the environment. Murphy returned to Earth with his alien friends last week to put his knowledge to good use.

Through a game show called "Close Encounters of the Cupertino Kind," Murphy tested students from local schools on their knowledge of the environment and Cupertino's government. The game took place from March 15 to 19 as a part of SWING, Student Week In Neighborhood Government.

SWING is an annual city-sponsored program in which more than 450 students from 10 Cupertino elementary schools visit City Hall.

Murphy leads the students through three rounds of play with two physical challenges, a relay race and a flying-saucer-flinging game.

Throughout the game, each student learns and masters the greeting of the Zeta Reticulans, which is a combination of hopping up and down on each leg, a partial jumping jack and the macarena, the dance that swept the country a few years ago.

"We do some kind of warm-up and we thought this would be the most appropriate for the theme," Murphy said. "It's a physical, complicated, calisthenic-like alien greeting. We thought it would be a good joke, and everybody would be somewhat familiar with it and get a little chuckle out of it."

Students demonstrate their knowledge of local government by answering questions including what each department is responsible for, when Cupertino became a city and how much money it takes to operate the city. Students are also quizzed on environmental issues like landfills, disposing waste and ways to reduce the number of cars on the road.

While these students showed the Zeta Reticulans that earthlings were learning how to protect the environment, another group of students went on tours of City Hall.

Most of the week is geared toward third-graders because part of their curriculum deals with their surrounding community, and city government is a part of that, said Donna Krey, creator of the program and city spokesperson.

Catherine Carpenter, an English language development teacher at Collins School, felt it was important to have her students participate in SWING since many of them are immigrants.

"I want them to get a taste of how our government works compared to their native countries," Carpenter said.

Students were awed when their classmates were selected to act out the roles of the city councilmembers and directors of the various departments. During each presentation, one student played the role of the mayor and banged the gavel.

"The students seem to really have fun when they are here," Krey said. "They really like the role-playing when they get chosen to be a councilmember and sit up in the chair. They are very eager to learn and they ask a lot of very interesting, probing questions."

One group of third-graders from Collins were very interested in the flags that line the back of the City Council Chamber and asked question after question about the significance of the flags and why they used to fly over the state of California.

Each group of students usually find one topic they are interested in and fix on that, Krey said.

One group wanted to know who would run the city if the mayor died, if the vice mayor died and if the entire council died.

Following the presentation, students toured City Hall, from the planning department to the mayor's office. Each student received a City Hall coloring book--featuring cartoon images of the city staff and the council--to commemorate their visit and reinforce what they learned."

Archived