Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

It's blatantly gonna be the new sing along anthem. NO ONES GONNA TAKE US ALLLLLLIIIIIIVVVE..

Fucking fantastic.

I agree - however he better sing it when I see them at Reading! (Not a 'hold the mic out and let the audience sing' job) cuz his voice is amazing at that point!

:stunned:

Thinking about it, you know we're all saying that one of the solo bits will be trumpet?

If you look at the Darkshines tab in the official book, it says Matt uses a trumpet effect from some pedal board, can't remember which exactly, maybe he was using that again, or will use it live...unless he's mastered the trumpet?

i KEEP getting goosebumps when matt sings:

"NO ONES GOING TO TAKE ME ALIVE

THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT

YOU AND I MUST FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS

YOU AND I MUST FIGHT TO SURVIVE"

Thats the sign of a BRILLIANT song! When you feel so tingley inside over and over again.

jeez i sound gay! lol :LOL:

No it does that to me too! (and I thought it was just the cold! :LOL: )

I canny hear the Zelda connection in KoC meself (have ya a particular theme in mind?), but I agree with the links and could well imagine a Muse scored Final Fantasy game in collaboration with Square. That would fucking rule.

Muse and Final Fantasy have a wierd link. Most final fantasy fans love muse, and many muse fans love final fantasy.

you're basically saying the same thing twice here. And there are not that many people who don't like final fantasy.

Ah I'm happy again, though I think I like their old stuff better.

Doesn't it sound incredibly like a theme tune for a cowboy show? Not in a bad way...

Dun diddlun diddlun diddlun, dun diddlun diddlun diddlun...

WOW what a song, greatest flippin chord progression they eva dun the Studio version is gonna rock. this song rocks, the best MUSE song to date. i wonder how many production additions there will be on the final studio mix down, it sounded like there were a few great effects there. like the vocoder and the nes sounding base when his voice is most clear (the "you and I must..." bit) plus i like the live SMBH better than the recorded

Archived