Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

Okies, Mr. Clunge's song breakdown with timings!

------

0.08 - Amazingness of the descending scale.

0.15 to 0.43 - Matt's vocal/falsetto cries sound incredible, great drums too (SS style) and the bass sounds so powerful.

0.43 to 0.45 - Nice slide!

0.45 to 1.27 - Drum and bass style with cool soloey bits and stuff. Nice fast bassline.

1.27 to 2.03 - More falsetto! Phenominally powerful and the guitar chords that kick in after follow it really nicely, wailing then follows guitar.

2.03 to 2.31 - Proper verse starts, quite gallopy like they said in interviews. Bass just little jumps and the drums and drum and bass stylee again.

2.31 to 2.37 - Synth swirliness enters, kinda bridge bit

2.37 to 3.05 - Back to brilliant starting vocal and falsetto with the heavy crashing bass and mad drums.

3.05 to 3.07 - Nice slide!

3.07 to 3.14 - Heavy crash followed by whammy guitar and speedy hihat playing.

3.14 to 3.41 - This bit is absolutely orgasmic, probably the best bit of Muse I've ever heard. Everything stops except Muse singing about silly things and really cool synth/bass thing, very a la Apocalypse Please in the middle bit with the 'du-du-du-dup!', 'du-du-du-dup!', 'du-du-du-dup!' etc bit.

3.41 to 4.09 - Guitar comes back in playing with a choppy distorted sound, matt continues singing. Buildup on the snare...

4.09 to 4.37 - Everything crashes back in, crunchy bass, drums are very Led Zeppelin/John Bonham-esque. Amazing, fast, repeating riff that jumps around the fret-board. Similar to the riff in Debase in a way.

4.37 to 5.04 - Singing returns in typical fashion, back to the gallopy bass and drums. Like they said, it sounds like a man on a horse singing a song to keep his spirits up.

5.04 to 5.30 - Tremolo guitariness folkowing the chords of the vocal line, Matt does wee bits of falsetto.

5.30 to 5.46 - Song continues but in comes a great Bliss style synth bit that really carries the song onto higher levels of orgasm.

5.46 - A final crash and then feedback.

------

Nothing other than amazing :D

Anybody else reckon the first soloey bit will be trumpet on the album?

Probably / Hopefully.

Will be a good way to break the song's tombre up a bit, because though the live version IS amazing as hell, studio recording with that heavy guitar in the foreground all the time would probably give you a headache.

3.14 to 3.41 - This bit is absolutely orgasmic, probably the best bit of Muse I've ever heard. Everything stops except Muse singing about silly things and really cool synth/bass thing, very a la Apocalypse Please in the middle bit with the 'du-du-du-dup!', 'du-du-du-dup!', 'du-du-du-dup!' etc bit.

+++++++++1

orgasmic!

:happy:

------

03.14 to 3.41 - This bit is absolutely orgasmic, probably the best bit of Muse I've ever heard. Everything stops except Muse singing about silly things and really cool synth/bass thing, very a la Apocalypse Please in the middle bit with the 'du-du-du-dup!', 'du-du-du-dup!', 'du-du-du-dup!' etc bit.

------

+1000000000000.:D

------

0.08 - Amazingness of the descending scale.

0.15 to 0.43 - Matt's vocal/falsetto cries sound incredible, great drums too (SS style) and the bass sounds so powerful.

0.43 to 0.45 - Nice slide!

0.45 to 1.27 - Drum and bass style with cool soloey bits and stuff. Nice fast bassline.

1.27 to 2.03 - More falsetto! Phenominally powerful and the guitar chords that kick in after follow it really nicely, wailing then follows guitar.

2.03 to 2.31 - Proper verse starts, quite gallopy like they said in interviews. Bass just little jumps and the drums and drum and bass stylee again.

2.31 to 2.37 - Synth swirliness enters, kinda bridge bit

2.37 to 3.05 - Back to brilliant starting vocal and falsetto with the heavy crashing bass and mad drums.

3.05 to 3.07 - Nice slide!

3.07 to 3.14 - Heavy crash followed by whammy guitar and speedy hihat playing.

3.41 to 4.09 - Guitar comes back in playing with a choppy distorted sound, matt continues singing. Buildup on the snare...

4.09 to 4.37 - Everything crashes back in, crunchy bass, drums are very Led Zeppelin/John Bonham-esque. Amazing, fast, repeating riff that jumps around the fret-board. Similar to the riff in Debase in a way.

4.37 to 5.04 - Singing returns in typical fashion, back to the gallopy bass and drums. Like they said, it sounds like a man on a horse singing a song to keep his spirits up.

5.04 to 5.30 - Tremolo guitariness folkowing the chords of the vocal line, Matt does wee bits of falsetto.

5.30 to 5.46 - Song continues but in comes a great Bliss style synth bit that really carries the song onto higher levels of orgasm.

5.46 - A final crash and then feedback.

------

:yesey:

*claps*

WOW I dont like it thats 2 new Muse songs I dislike :stunned:

:eek:how can you not like KoC! Its one of their best songs to date! I just hope the rest of the album follows in this way. And now I've heard starlight I'm retty sure this albu is gonna be absolutely epic

Archived