Well, if by meeting you mean on the day my friend and i are southbound, then KLCC and Mid Valley will be out of the question. You see, the bus we're intending to take leaves at 8am sharp from Corus Hotel (formerly knwon as Ming Court Hotel, opposite Menara Citibank in Jln Ampang) and my friend and I live really close to each other so it's no problem for him to come over in the morning and then head on over to the boarding venue together. Wouldn't make sense to make that detour and it's too early for the complexes to open anyway.

But if you mean meeting up beforehand to discuss plans and also to establish personal friendship so we won't be total strangers should we choose to travel together, then I'm game. =)

Soo you're older than I am, huh. Neat. I was beginning to feel like a lonely old folk in this thread. Good to know that I'm not alone. *chuckle*

What's stopping you from taking that step anyway? If you're older than I am, age shouldn't be an obstacle. And it's only for one day, two at the most so I don't reckon it'd get in the way of your commitments too much (tho if you have an important future appointment to keep on that day, well, that's that). If it's money...well, you've gotta decide for yourself whether MUSE is worth it or not. SImple as. I didn't even give myself time to think that much. And so far...I've no regrets yet. If they come to Malaysia, and I'm going again, then well, at least I can say I've been to their concert more than once. xD

But if you mean meeting up beforehand to discuss plans and also to establish personal friendship so we won't be total strangers should we choose to travel together, then I'm game. =)

that's exactly what i meant. so that we can at least get 2 know each other when we're travelling to that beauutiful :rolleyes: island of s'pore.. that is if i'm able 2 go.. or else we can be muse fans who know each other..

it's work.. since i'm starting a new job next year, i'm just not sure if i'm able to 'excuse' myself from work for 2 days.. been thinking of getting fake MCs but not sure where to get that. it's not about money.. i'm 28 so i'm like an auntie here.. :D

haha i'm game for meeting up, auntie.

just say when and where. actually, i'm going to the Japan Education Fair held at PWTC tomorrow so if you wanna, we can meet up for a drink at KLCC after I'm done. it's rather short notice, though, so you may already have other plans. either way, just lemme know. ^_^

Dudes, I got the awesome news, the unbelievable truth, on the 27th nov, while i was in camp. I just couldn't believe my fuckin eyes when i saw the article in The Straits Times (Singapore) saying, "MUSE TO PLAY HERE'. I was fuckin screaming in my bunk. Tickets went on sale on Friday, 1st dec, and i still haven't bought my ticket yet. Why? I just booked out of camp!

I am going to make my way down to the nearest mall with a Sistic booth 3rd dec and get me a fuckin ticket to watch fuckin MUSE!!!!

As you can see, this is purely a selfish post. I'm just too overjoyed to not try and write this rubbish diary-like post. And it feels good to be out of camp again. Life has never felt so good before 27th nov.

I'm sincerely sorry to all you guys in Malaysia that has to make the extra effort to go to KL to get your tix, and then travel here to catch them. But seriously, it will be damn worth it. And maybe it's time you guys take a break from work and treat this as a holiday eh? I was prepared for Muse to be in Malaysia, but I'm so happy they're playing here. :D

hey Nutcracker! welcome back!! btw, you have NO idea how much i envy the fact that you're a singaporean now.. bloody 'el. and i'm still not too sure on whether i'm going or not.. i've got my mum's approval, but my dad however, didnt give me a direct answer. and i didnt wanna pester him anymore.. so uh. yeah. guess i have to wait for tomorrow

you know what my worst fear is?? if i finally get my dad to say yes, planned everything and have a couple of friends to go with.. and tickets get SOLD OUT. OMG IF THAT HAPPENS I MIGHT HAVE TO KILL MYSELF.... ok no not really. but i'll sulk and get depressed and all that i guess.. haha.

do you think the tickets will get sold out fast??? :stunned:

EDIT : oh, and uh, about the whole meeting up in some random shopping complex idea.. i'm okay with that. :D but only if its somewhere nearby... and for me that's 1utama. something tells me 1utama isnt that nearby for you guys though.. :S

Thanks Debbie! Cmon man you have to go. Singapore is just across the causeway!! CMON! It's for MUSE!! Just get your tix ASAP!! I kind of anticipated having to work on 16 jan, and for this national service you can't anyhow take leave, but i've already planned to take leave on that day no matter what.

Bottom line is if you put your heart and soul into it, you can get whatever it is you desire. All Muse fans should come down here, man. I know it's easy to say but do you think they'll make another trip here, ever, again? We have to be pessimists sometimes, you know? So don't waste your time or time will waste you, ok? :p

Yea, this is definitely the one and only time they are going to come to this region. Its now or never for fans. Giving it a miss would be sinful! :D

Also, im sure it would be super fun for a bunch of you guys from Malaysia to go as a group...imagine the time you'll have!

Debs u need a friend? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

got it?

nutcracker u sure u can skip ns? lol..

Yeah of cuz man it's just one day leave. I've already done my reasearch on how to "keng" heh heh.

nice...i see activity.

i'm meeting up with crazy_mary at subang parade next fri or sat evening. as for you, deb, well if you're absolutely sure you want to meet up with me, then i suppose i can make the trip to 1U...I go there quite often (I think it's about 3 times this week alone, the last time being only yesterday, in fact). just lemme know when. don't worry, i'm not a bad person or anything. i'm wary of strangers myself. the fact that you're 16 gives me less worry. but then you could be lying so, well, you understand the risk i'm taking as well. and the fact that i'm meeting crazy_mary on my home turf is another good thing for me. plus she's a lady. i might still bring a friend along with me when i meet her, tho, possibly the one i'm going with, just in case. and anyway, half the time my parents are trying to protect /me/ from them. even now when i'm 24. the only difference now is they only do it if they can help it, cause they recognize my adult status. they were rather reserved about my decision on going at first. they couldn't say no but they asked me a lot of questions about where i'll be staying, how i'll be going, how i'm planning to pass the time, etc, but the moment i told them a friend of mine has agreed to come with me, they became totally supportive and possibly even more excited about the whole thing than i am. parents will always be parents, i guess, and it's hard for kids to understand their worry when they're only, well, kids. you seem to be able to see from their POV, tho and to that, i say good for you. your parents are lucky to have a kid like you.

and heey nuts, was wondering when you're gonna show up and jump all over the place. you totally reacted the way i expected you to. lol. have you got them tickets yet? you mentioned you're getting them on the 3rd and it's the 3rd already... I got it about a half hour after they started selling 'em, thanks to my parents *chuckles* I could very well be the first one in M'sia to puchase ticks for that concert (since the place was empty of customers when I got there). My parents were more anxious over it than I was, getting me up early to leave, and threatening me by telling me that ticks will sell out if i don't get my ass out of the bed within the next 5 seconds...I think I was still groggy hen I went up to the guy cos when he asked for my ID and credit card, i just stood there staring dumbly at him for a full 5 seconds trying to process his words. and now, if my dad's not pestering me about renewing my passport (mom and him threatened if i wait til next month...which was what i initially WAS planning on doing, i run the risk of not being able to go at all), he's pestering me about once a day to start booking for bus tickets to which i have to tell him that i can't cos it's way too soon and bookings for that day aren't even /open/ yet...and he still does it anyway. what a difference a few years on your age makes.

well i can't say for sure but i don't think ticks will sell out that soon...the fact that they put up two stages of early bird prices as incentive says that the management doesn't really expect it to sell out as well. not as fast as you guys seem to be thinking it would anyway. but i guess i understand the anxiety when you aren't able to get ticks yet. try not to wait too long anyway. and sides, with the early bird deal, it's cheapest to get them ticks within these couple of weeks. you might wanna tell your parents that, deb.

and muse_music, the fact that you didn't bother to read that page properly indicates laziness, no other way about it :LOL: oh well, hope you end being able to go anyway. hope you all will.

Hello Spirit! Haha am i that predictable?:LOL: Good job on possibly being the first in Malaysia to get them tickets haha!

I feel so proud of you for being able to get the green light from your parents and planning everything already. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Yeah I'm getting my tix today. It's 11am now. The ticket office opens at 12 today. I'm just waiting here, patiently. My bro already got his on friday and he didn't buy for me as he's a little broke. What a dude. It's just a little funny seeing how you can get a discount for Hoobastank :LOL: if you keep the ticket stub for a Muse gig eh? I wonder how the Musers of the world would react to this...

Do you guys know what their recent gig setlist is? I'm thinking they'll probably be playing the same when they come here? I should think they're just warming up for BDO when they stop by here. I sure hope my local radio station has a competition to win backstage passes. My bro and me are already on high alert haha. I would feel so fuckin lucky if I could meet the dudes in person, man.

hey there. you using a computer nearby the place or something?

actually i don't exactly need a green light from my parents anymore but it's nice to know that i don't have to worry them, either.

and yeah, i saw the hoobastank thingy as well and had to raise my eyebrow. wouldn't mind seeing them live but only if they come to m'sia i guess.

EDIT: are there other people waiting around, btw? is there a queue forming?

EDIT2: and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for, bout the setlist i mean if you go to muselive. here's wishing you and your bro good luck in scoring backstage passes ^_^

Yea, this is definitely the one and only time they are going to come to this region. Its now or never for fans. Giving it a miss would be sinful! :D

Also, im sure it would be super fun for a bunch of you guys from Malaysia to go as a group...imagine the time you'll have!

yeah.. been thinking the same thing if we go together in a group. been thinking of bringing a m'sian flag with a sign "Muse get ur arses down to KL!!!!" :D

hey there. you using a computer nearby the place or something?

actually i don't exactly need a green light from my parents anymore but it's nice to know that i don't have to worry them, either.

and yeah, i saw the hoobastank thingy as well and had to raise my eyebrow. wouldn't mind seeing them live but only if they come to m'sia i guess.

EDIT: are there other people waiting around, btw? is there a queue forming?

EDIT2: and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for, bout the setlist i mean if you go to muselive. here's wishing you and your bro good luck in scoring backstage passes ^_^

Nah i was at home just now. Im back already with the TICKET!!

There was a queue but i doubt those "aunties" were buying Muse tickets, they seem to be redeeming free stuff as it's also a customer service counter. Anyway there is a local music forum http://www.soft.com.sg, i found out that there are quite a few muse fans who already bought tix.

Yeah i checked a gig for 29th nov in germany or something and the setlist included Hoodoo!!!

Has anyone heard the official Assassin extended version? I hate it when we have to download to buy it, cuz we asians can't, am i right?

yeah.. been thinking the same thing if we go together in a group. been thinking of bringing a m'sian flag with a sign "Muse get ur arses down to KL!!!!" :D

yea! thats more like it! bring the msian flag! show your patriotism! you fellas will definitely meet other fellow malaysians that way too!

oh...chaos a personal friend of yours?

and a m'sian flag, huh...heh.

and not too sure whether the setlist will be consistent with the ones they've been playing in Europe. i won't be averse to them playing some older stuff simply cos they've never played them in other parts of asia, in other words, here before.

not too sure bout the extended version, mate. i haven't bothered to search too deep into that yet. my guess is if you search hard enough, you'll prolly find it lurking somewhere online where you can d/l for free, albeit illegally. don't think the band'll mind too much cos after all, it /is/ "the managament's problem, not theirs."

i really think s'poreans are spoilt wif choices of good concerts. they're like japan where all great bands go to and think that oh they've covered touring Asia.. perhaps i should move to JB.. i love my country but wanna live cloze 2 s'pore for good entertainment purposes..:)