hey..um anyone here from Johor? who's the youngest(age) on this thread?

hmm..where is everybody...oh oh and they used KoC on an advertisment of Prison Break on Channel 5..but that was a long time ago..lol i dunno why im writing all this..:happy:

just answer the two questions:)

yes!!! ive spread my Muse-holm disease to two of my frens already....

so sad..only 3 ppl i know, i know like Muse (geddit?):mad:

lalalalalalala

M---------M-----U---------U-----SSSSS------EEEEE sets my soul alight...

MM----MM----U----------U-----S--------------E

M---M---M-----U----------U-----SSSSS-----EEEEE

M---------M-----U---------U---------------S-----E

M---------M------UUUUU-------SSSSS-----EEEEE

M------------------M-------U---------------U------SSSSSSS----EEEEEEEEE i cant get it right.

M--M---------M--M------U----------------U-----S------------------E sorry for the

M-----M--M------M------U----------------U-----S------------------E imperfections lol

M--------M--------M------U----------------U-----S------------------E

M------------------M-------U----------------U-----SSSSSSS----E

M------------------M-------U----------------U-------------------S---EEEEEEEEE

M------------------M-------U----------------U-------------------S---E M------------------M-------U----------------U-------------------S---E

M------------------M-------U----------------U------SSSSSSS---E

M------------------M-------U----------------U-------------------------E

M------------------M---------UUUUUUU----------------------------EEEEEEEEE

Muse helps. Their lyrics help. Their songs relate to many things which happen in my life. All the s**ty things that happen. And when im down, they help. I love Muse. Wow.

dont you guys agree??? lol..sheesh im very bored..everybody keep posting more n more n more n more....

byebye

hmmm seems sistic has an authorized agent here...well i'll check it out on Friday and if they actually are selling tickets for this concert, I guess it wouldn't hurt to grab one and arrange for a day--er--night trip of sorts southwards...

umm... vspirit, maybe i havent been doing my Muse research that much these days but... what are you talking about?

are they gonna tour Singapore? you're making me nervous!!!! :eek:

oh, so i take it you didn't get the memo? ^_~

not 'touring' per se...you can't really call the shows international acts do in any single Asian country as that 'cept for Japan. Usually it's the continent as a collective that these guys tour in when it comes to regions like Asia--sans Japan, of course, but even they get only a couple of venues from international acts, a couple more at most, but still enough to garner the verb 'tour', I guess.

this is more like a taste, i suppose you can call it. a...preview? of something more, I hope.

oh, so i take it you didn't get the memo? ^_~

not 'touring' per se...you can't really call the shows international acts do in any single Asian country as that 'cept for Japan. Usually it's the continent as a collective that these guys tour in when it comes to regions like Asia--sans Japan, of course, but even they get only a couple of venues from international acts, a couple more at most, but still enough to garner the verb 'tour', I guess.

this is more like a taste, i suppose you can call it. a...preview? of something more, I hope.

omg lol i was just about to post here saying that i found it.

HOLY SHIT I AM FREAKING OUT. i actually feel like crying! i have no idea whether i should feel happy or sad because the chances of me going are... pretty darn low.

how much do you think the total costs of staying there and going for the gig and food and stuff is? cause if its a lot, i dont think i'll be spending this month's pay at all. :( and i wanna go shopping badly.

well i calculated. to date, the price of the ticket is set at SD85. Given the fact that the venue is a park and not a stadium or hall, I'd say it's a free-standing-first-come-frontest kinda concert, so all the ticks should be priced the same. but don't hold me on it.

i've calculated what my expense would come up to should i end up going. SD85 + 3% agent's fee will come up to just about RM194, after conversion, for the ticket. Taking the aeroline coach there will cost about RM80 one way. Since the earliest coach to leave the station will be 8:00a.m., I'm still pondering on whether I should just hang around somewhere (all nite internet cafe or whatever) or just find another mode of transport, which has earlier departure time, home (i.e. train). I really don't wanna have to put up for the night...I'm actually only going to depart from KL on the day itself, albeit early in the morning, to save myself time from having to wander the streets of s'pore and prolly being forced to put up somewhere. I'm taking extra SD100 (about RM235) for whatever else I might need to spend on. Food and whatnot...so adding all taht up (if I were to return by that same aeroline coach as well), it'd come up to about RM590, more or less. =)

all the above and more make up the reason as to why i was reluctant to go if it were s'pore in the first place but now that it's become a reality, i had to really ask myself if i can just let it pass...

well i calculated. to date, the price of the ticket is set at SD85. Given the fact that the venue is a park and not a stadium or hall, I'd say it's a free-standing-first-come-frontest kinda concert, so all the ticks should be priced the same. but don't hold me on it.

i've calculated what my expense would come up to should i end up going. SD85 + 3% agent's fee will come up to just about RM194, after conversion, for the ticket. Taking the aeroline coach there will cost about RM80 one way. Since the earliest coach to leave the station will be 8:00a.m., I'm still pondering on whether I should just hang around somewhere (all nite internet cafe or whatever) or just find another mode of transport, which has earlier departure time, home (i.e. train). I really don't wanna have to put up for the night...I'm actually only going to depart from KL on the day itself, albeit early in the morning, to save myself time from having to wander the streets of s'pore and prolly being forced to put up somewhere. I'm taking extra SD100 (about RM235) for whatever else I might need to spend on. Food and whatnot...so adding all taht up (if I were to return by that same aeroline coach as well), it'd come up to about RM590, more or less. =)

all the above and more make up the reason as to why i was reluctant to go if it were s'pore in the first place but now that it's become a reality, i had to really ask myself if i can just let it pass...

omg. i dont have that kind of money. and IF (a really really big IF) i do go, i intend to stay there for one night! cause.. you know, we might be able to meet the band and stuff if we wait. i've heard many stories of that happening.. but i dont see that happening. in fact, i'm not that sure if i have anyone to go with. and if i had to choose to go alone or not go at all.. i'd choose the latter.

and you're right about one thing, i think its because of our sucky immigration whatnots that is the mian reason why Muse isnt coming here!

lol, actually i think it's too soon to say they're not gonna be coming here at all per se (wow talk about a role reversal, huh?). Singapore is on the way to OZ and NZ from where they're coming from so it's just as well that they cut their break a couple of days short to make a short stopover in Singapore. and since the country is more lax when it comes to concerts and they got swift (i would imagine) approval, well, why the hell not, right? This isn't the SEA tour, which I think is prolly still buried under huge amounts of red tape for certain countries (don't make me name names), and they'd prolly be playing Singapore again in a few short months, heck prolly sometime late Feb or March after their gig downunder.

well if you have someone who can put you up for the night there, you'd save lots. =) The cost I calculated for myself is probably almost the bare minimal as it is, unless of course, I don't spend all of the SD100 ^_~ but what with train fare and food...well, who knows, right? Worse comes to worse, I have my trusty credit card but I really REALLY do not want to have to resort to that...

like i said, the earliest aeroline bus doesn't leave singapore til 8a.m. the following day so it'd still be possible for ya should you take that route...

lol, actually i think it's too soon to say they're not gonna be coming here at all per se (wow talk about a role reversal, huh?). Singapore is on the way to OZ and NZ from where they're coming from so it's just as well that they cut their break a couple of days short to make a short stopover in Singapore. and since the country is more lax when it comes to concerts and they got swift (i would imagine) approval, well, why the hell not, right? This isn't the SEA tour, which I think is prolly still buried under huge amounts of red tape for certain countries (don't make me name names), and they'd prolly be playing Singapore again in a few short months, heck prolly sometime late Feb or March after their gig downunder.

well if you have someone who can put you up for the night there, you'd save lots. =) The cost I calculated for myself is probably almost the bare minimal as it is, unless of course, I don't spend all of the SD100 ^_~ but what with train fare and food...well, who knows, right? Worse comes to worse, I have my trusty credit card but I really REALLY do not want to have to resort to that...

omg this is so weird! i'm discussing this topic with a friend of mine now online and i was thinking the exact same thing! cause i'm pretty sure that countries like Thailand or Indonesia would allow Muse to play a gig there.. so i was thinking that maybe that SEA tour is around May or June or so.

i was thinking that if they are gonna have a SEA tour, and they are gonna play in Malaysia.. i wont wanna spend so much cash on Singapore. but then again, what if they dont have a SEA tour in the future? then this opportunity would have been wasted and my chances of ever seeing them live will be NEVER. and i'd get really emo.

i have a friend who's aunt lives in Singapore.. in fact she's going over to Singapore next week for the holidays and i was thinking whether i could stay there, IF i can go next year.. and maybe she could get tickets for me from Singapore next week. lol. i have to discuss with her about that soon i suppose.

you can prolly get tickets from right here in m'sia, if my research doesn't fail me. i'm thinking of going up to the agent and ask on Friday.

and i was thinking along the same lines as you were, but like i said in that other thread, if they do come to Malaysia, at least I'll get to see their gig twice. not many people in asia (unless you're from Japan or perhaps even S'pore) can boast that, now, can they? ^_~

you can prolly get tickets from right here in m'sia, if my research doesn't fail me. i'm thinking of going up to the agent and ask on Friday.

and i was thinking along the same lines as you were, but like i said in that other thread, if they do come to Malaysia, at least I'll get to see their gig twice. not many people in asia (unless you're from Japan or perhaps even S'pore) can boast that, now, can they? ^_~

LOL good point, but i'm assuming that IF they do come next year, ticket prices are gonna be expensive.. like 300+ maybe? just like INXS. unless they play at a small venue like that er.. indoor equestajskfjsal park at Bukit Kiara. man i really dont know what to do :stunned: i'm damn scared or asking my parents.. they'd think i'm CRAZY for wanting to go to Singapore just to see the very object of my obsession. oh crap. *crosses fingers*

you dont have your parents' approval or anything to worry about eh? lucky you. :(

i'm 24...at this stage, the only thing i'd have to get my folks' approval for would be my choice in life partner. but it's not all free-sailing. you'll have your fair share of worry at this age. more, actually. but that's all in the big picture. this particular situation doesn't really count. xxD

i'd have to get my leave approval from my boss tho i don't really foresee any problem in that.

the real problem is just me, really. my heart says go but my feet say no. =( but hey if i check on fri and do end up able to get a ticket, then my feet will have no choice but to obey what my heart tells em. xxD so i'm not really thinking too much cos if i do, i know i'll hesitate. i'm just gonna go on fri and if they have it great if not then i'll be rm590 richer. xD

eh omG eh what ow eh what omG eh

AAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!!!!! THEIR GOING TO SINGAPORE!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly i dunno whether to laugh or to cry omG eh why ly dis

my jaw is hurt from staring at the memo thingy omG ive never felt like dis wei..eh sure anot :confused:

aw seriously my jaw isit true ?? serious i feel weak now omG..if only...thanks vspirit

ANYBODY HERE FROM JOHOR?????

i'm 24...at this stage, the only thing i'd have to get my folks' approval for would be my choice in life partner. but it's not all free-sailing. you'll have your fair share of worry at this age. more, actually. but that's all in the big picture. this particular situation doesn't really count. xxD

i'd have to get my leave approval from my boss tho i don't really foresee any problem in that.

the real problem is just me, really. my heart says go but my feet say no. =( but hey if i check on fri and do end up able to get a ticket, then my feet will have no choice but to obey what my heart tells em. xxD so i'm not really thinking too much cos if i do, i know i'll hesitate. i'm just gonna go on fri and if they have it great if not then i'll be rm590 richer. xD

youre 24 debbie is 16 and im 12!!!! WAAAAHH is there a chance i can go in can i go in?

*smiles at muse_music's antics*

when i was 12, i was listening to whatever my family was listening to. my dad's oldies, my mom's chinese opera-ish oldies, richard clayderman (also courtesy of my dad), christmas carols (my fave) and grunge (courtesy of my sister). i remember she was listening to Rape Me day in and day out...didn't really get the appeal of Nirvana then. still don't really get it now but i listen to them sometimes, just because i can.

...i also remember really digging the MacGyver theme song o.O...i heard it again yesterday, on late night radio...brought back a wave of nostalgia like you wouldn't believe.

and i think you can go in, if you're supervised by an adult. not sure if he/she has to be a legal guardian or not, tho.

oo thx vspirit..if i wanna go, and i do wanna go im faced with a few problems

1. age limit(i dunno if my mum's gonna agree..its actually a coincidence..i asked her 2 days ago that if Muse came to S'pore specifically S'pore would she go with me and she said no but if it was TC5 or Rick springfield lol then she would go..

2. ITS EXPENSIVE!!! i guess ill use my 'duit raya' lol

3. ma, can go or not..

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh

seriously ah their coming..its like a dream..Muse actually coming here..well, Singapore at least....:confused::):ohmy::erm::(

it could be a dream.. or a nightmare. it would be a dream if you went there, had the time of your life and even met the band. or a nightmare if you couldnt go, and everyone who went had the time of their life and met the band. lol. and hearing all the Singaporeans talk about it would KILL you!!

i asked my mum today whether i could go and she's like "aiya! people go to Singapore to shop! not to go to a concert!" and stuff like that.. it was a very short conversation as i had to get out of the car 2 seconds after that. so no luck with that yet.. but i'll still try asking her.

it would help a whole lot if the gig was on a weekend instead of a school day... damnit. :mad:

even if the concert's here in malaysia, you'd still need a legal guardian to go with you, i think, muse_music. unless of course, you don't look 12. and i don't think your parents will want to risk you going alone either...better start finding a much older cousin to hook muse to. you've got at least the next couple of months to do it. ^_~

and deb, ask your mom if you're there to shop would she let you go? if she says yes, then by asking what difference does it make if it's a concert, you'd still be heading down south anyway, and then feed her the to each his/her own line, and you've got her backed into a corner. however, if she says no, well then, it's rather moot but i still don't suggest you give up. persistance pays.

i think i can persuade my mum to go with me....but still..the cost of the tickets..and what if like suddenly theyre coming to M'sia? but theyd prolly perform at KL which is soo far away..lol ok maybe not so..ish..oh and why isit people get carried above the crowds at live shows? ive never been to a concert..so..prepare me?

oh n thx again vspirit

Oh that's called moshing a.k.a. body surfing. Not something I'd recommend for newbie concert-goers. Actually not something I'd recommend, period. You won't find any of that here in M'sia, I don't think. Not so sure about S'pore but I don't think they do too much of that over there either.

You'd do good to go early...as in several hours early to get yourself a decent spot to watch from, for park concerts at least. Bring a lot of water, too. A few bottles should suffice. And if you have one of those mini battery operated fans, then you'd do good to bring that, too (along with spare batts, of course). If not, just bring one of those manual ones that satay sellers use. I'm sure you know what mean. Towels would also be good to wipe sweat off with and you could bring some extra to sit on for the long wait. Sunnies and possibly a hat or a cap, too, should the day be a shunshiney happy one. And to help you get by the long hours, an ipod (or whatever other mp3 player you might own), a PSP, a gameboy advance or a nintendo ds (or all) will be useful. If you don't have any of those, then a book should do the job as well. Or you could talk to your mom.

You might also want to bring some snacks to get rid of those pesky hunger pangs.

And don't forget to bring a camera and a copy of their CD for, you know, the off-chance that they might hold an autographing session for the poor, deprived SEA fans. You never know. It's better to bring then to regret later, isn't it?

omg! vspirit you sound SOOOO prepared! you've been doing this a lot, haven't you? haha. the only stuff i normally bring to concerts are.. well, myself, a bag with my handphone and wallet.. and uhh... thats it. no fans, no water, no tissuepapers, nothing. not even a camera (which i regretted). but i regretted not bringing a water bottle cause i bought a bottle of water for like, 3 bucks at SP's concert. what a ripoff.

but if you have to bring all that.. means you have to bring a big bag in right? i thought they dont allow that? and wouldnt it be so troublesome if you wanna jump to the songs and stuff with a bag on your back? it would be flinging here and there and stuff.. lol.

and er.. i doubt my mum would let.. cause its a schoolday and all. but there's no harm in trying i guess! its just.. i have no idea how to bring up the subject :stunned: and i doubt she'd wanna go with me anyway cause she doesnt have a pasport.. and she doesnt really like travelling. she'd quite old-fashioned actually. typical housewife kinda mum :)

oh and uh, muse_music, i think we';re the only ones studying here.. and npoe i'm from KL, but my hometown is in Johor! haha. but i rarely go back there to visit my grandma though. :(

Oh that's called moshing a.k.a. body surfing. Not something I'd recommend for newbie concert-goers. Actually not something I'd recommend, period. You won't find any of that here in M'sia, I don't think. Not so sure about S'pore but I don't think they do too much of that over there either.

You'd do good to go early...as in several hours early to get yourself a decent spot to watch from, for park concerts at least. Bring a lot of water, too. A few bottles should suffice. And if you have one of those mini battery operated fans, then you'd do good to bring that, too (along with spare batts, of course). If not, just bring one of those manual ones that satay sellers use. I'm sure you know what mean. Towels would also be good to wipe sweat off with and you could bring some extra to sit on for the long wait. Sunnies and possibly a hat or a cap, too, should the day be a shunshiney happy one. And to help you get by the long hours, an ipod (or whatever other mp3 player you might own), a PSP, a gameboy advance or a nintendo ds (or all) will be useful. If you don't have any of those, then a book should do the job as well. Or you could talk to your mom.

You might also want to bring some snacks to get rid of those pesky hunger pangs.

And don't forget to bring a camera and a copy of their CD for, you know, the off-chance that they might hold an autographing session for the poor, deprived SEA fans. You never know. It's better to bring then to regret later, isn't it?

haha,you seem to attend a rock festival instead of a concert.hehe.coz i did it when i was in rock festivals we even had tents,but i mean in China.

here in singapore,you can chat with each other during the wait.and you'll find time passes really fast.sometimes they may do soundcheck when you're queuing.Good Charlotte did it anyways.

haha,you seem to attend a rock festival instead of a concert.hehe.coz i did it when i was in rock festivals we even had tents,but i mean in China.

here in singapore,you can chat with each other during the wait.and you'll find time passes really fast.sometimes they may do soundcheck when you're queuing.Good Charlotte did it anyways.

*lol* too true. that's basically what i had with me when i hit BDO '00. I'm under the impression that most concerts held in parks would require that as well xD especially if you're planning on queueing early. the ones in the stadium are another thing altogether. for that i'd just bring myself, my cell and my cash, not so different from deb. possibly a water bottle as well so i don't have to get ripped off, unlike deb (sorry deb!!! xDD).

and deb, when you said SP, my first instinct was to be very , very jealous of you, and if you've seen them in concert, that'd mean you must've been very, very, young, which doubled up my envy. then it occured to me that the SP you're talking about is probably different from the one i'm thinking of so...well, my envy deflated pretty quickly after that revelation, you might say. xxD

Hi!!! i'm new here and was just to bump the thread when i read that they'll b coming 2 s'pore! i was really thrilled of the possibility of them coming to KL but the fact that they going 2 s'pore just... not good. hopefully they'll stop by in KL. vspirit, u're really going eh? i've got my pasport ready... been thinking of going too..