hey, hey, welcome to the jungle =D

well, it all depends on how easily i can get em ticks but worse comes to worse, like i said, i suppose i can just buy them online, which sales start at approx 9a.m. tomorrow. But i'm not gonna say I'm absolutely going til i get em tickets in hand, if you get my drift.

EDIT: Oh and muse_music, looks like you're in luck. You're about six years over the age limit, tho I'm sure your mom'll still insist on accompanying you...which is a great thing in and on itself. Cos there's a high chance that she could be brainwa---uh, converted into liking the band after having seen them live.

EDIT2: and if i'm going...that'd mean the earliest i can start queueing up at the venue is...2p.m., since i'll probably only be leaving KL at 8a.m...guh...and not to mention i've gotta go grab lunch and stuff...T.T

okaaaay...so i went ahead and jumped off the pan without giving myself too much time to think. actually i think i actively avoided thinking at all and now...now, there's no going back.

i'm not sure i should be jumping with joy or kicking myself but i suppose i'm a little happy...

okaaaay...so i went ahead and jumped off the pan without giving myself too much time to think. actually i think i actively avoided thinking at all and now...now, there's no going back.

i'm not sure i should be jumping with joy or kicking myself but i suppose i'm a little happy...

u've bought the ticket already??

...yeah, i went and bought two this morning. i can't really feel the weight of my wallet now :( . i'm almost certain it's worth it tho i prolly won't know til after the show itself.

it's ironic how the situation has turned out cos i was the one most vehemently against going all the way there. but something about this particular show, possibly the nature of how it's planned, calls to me. maybe it's the semi-impromptuness of it all...

and well, i suppose it's safe to say now i'm definitely going, tickets in hand and all.

hey sorry for not replying if you were expecting a reply lol..i was a little busy..ooo thank youuuu so much vspirit!! u sure abt the age limit thingy?? did u ask the guy abt the age limit for me?? and ur going?? YOU'RE GOING??? yay good for you:happy:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:p

...yeah, i went and bought two this morning. i can't really feel the weight of my wallet now :( . i'm almost certain it's worth it tho i prolly won't know til after the show itself.

it's ironic how the situation has turned out cos i was the one most vehemently against going all the way there. but something about this particular show, possibly the nature of how it's planned, calls to me. maybe it's the semi-impromptuness of it all...

and well, i suppose it's safe to say now i'm definitely going, tickets in hand and all.

good for u!!! i'm so jealous!! where did u buy, on the net or at KL Sentral coz i read that they have an agent there.... if i decide to go can i come wif u? ehehehe who r u going with?

hiya muse_music, welcome back. how'd i know? why, simple, i found out via the event details available on the sistic page. =). hope you can make it there.

crazy_mary: you know, i really like your handle. there's just something awfully...quaint...about it.

i bought them via the ticketing agent at kl sentral. didn't bother to book via the intarweb cos of certain reasons. smooth transaction it was too. it was over all too soon. they had tickets for phantom of the opera available there too but it's all in singapore. damn, they really do get all the good stuff down south, don't they?

i'm gonna be going with another friend of mine who's not really a huge fan but is curious and tasteful enough to want to see the band live. he's the sort who likes to experience all sorts of new things, especially when they come with good publicity. and of course, you're welcome to come along, if you don't mind tagging along with perfect strangers, that is =)

EDIT: and uh, something you said earlier just occured to me. yeah blame it on my slow processing time, my brain's permanently stuck at 64MB ram...anyway, it's about the passport bit. i actually don't have mine ready cos it's just expired, haha. I figured I'd just get the tickets and worry about the details later. i'll prolly only get it renewed early Jan. i initially wanted to renew it sometime in april or may, in time for a trip to japan I've been planning to maybe take but thanks to this, I've gotta bring that particular plan of mine forward a bit. passport renewal...that's gonna cost me another RM300 in monetary casualty. Le sigh.

i dont mind following u vspirit.. strangers?? c'mon we're malaysians.. hehhe. dont worry bout pasport, it's 300 for 5 years. so if muse is coming 2 thailand or other SEA countries that 300 ringgit is worth it.my pasport is still valid and i can definitely go to KL sentral 2 buy d tickets but i'm just worried bout work n no friends 2 go wif. am trying to beg a friend of mine to come wif me but just can't get out of work on the 16th n 17th... u noe, i should b like u.. dont think 2 much and just do it!!;)

hello!! sorry for the lack of replies.. got too caught up with work and musechat.mu.. hehe. anyway, omg vspirit you got the tickets already?! i'm gonna ask my friend who's off to Singapore tomorrow for holiday to get it for me since i got my mum's permission.. woohooooo :D but i sense trouble ahead. she's so fickle minded she'd probably change her mind a month or a few weeks before the gig. plus, her exact words were "i'm okay with it.. but ask your father la." and i'm scared of my dad... :stunned: er. yeah.

and you know what sucks? i might not have anyone to go with! :eek: and if that happens, i guess i wont be going then.. which is really extremely gay. i'm begging my friends to go with me now and they're all "see first la.. got school la.." and stuff like that. its so gay i tell you.

You know, I was actually all set on going alone. I didn't bother begging, cos the very act itself is disheartening to me, no matter their reply, and I really don't find the idea of other people disheartening me from something I truly desire very appealing, no matter how unintended it is. And no matter how good a friend they are, they're outsiders when it comes to certain desires of my heart. And in knowing that I still persist, then it serves me right to be disheartened, isn't it? So might as well not bother at all. Persuade? Hah, don't give me that bullshit. This might come off as harsh, but I seriously don't have time for it.

You see, some of my friends, they're into a different scene altogether so I guess I've got no business asking them in the first place but some of them, they actually do like what they hear but just couldn't be bothered enough to see for their own eyes and to that I say, "Hey, it's your loss. It's no skin off my nose."

This friend of mine, I only happened to ask in passing. I sent him a text msg the day I found out asking if he wanted to join and some relevant info a couple of days later when he asked. Then I left him alone for another couple of days til yesterday night before I set out to buy the tickets. I sent him a short text msg again asking for his final decision cos I needed to know whether to buy his ticket for him or not and he merely went, "Sure, why not. Let's go." The answer seemed rather nonchalant and flippant to me so I asked him again if he's sure cos RM194 is a little too pricey for an experimental experience (in his case), and not to mention the bus fare to and fro and some travelling expense we're gonna have to set aside for while we're in Singapore. In fact, to a third person watching, it might even seem more like I was trying to dissuade him last night but I really wanted him to be sure and didn't want him to blame me should he have second thoughts later (tho i wouldn't worry about him having regrets after seeing the show). He said something along the lines of, "Yes. I'm sure. No second thoughts. I'm in. I wanna go."

Can't say I'm not glad with his answer cos those hours of waiting won't be as easy to pass without company but if that's how it's going to be, I'm all prepared to face it. xD He's the only one I bothered to ask anyway cos knowing his character, it's really a 50/50 thing with him, which is a far better probabibility than some of the people I know who actually claim they've heard of MUSE and liked what they heard. And that's already a lot more than what my friend claims. He thinks they're talented and that's bout it. But he appreciates talent and for what it's worth, I rather think that's enough.

Then again, he always falls hook, line and sinker for most of the things I've introduced him to so far be it anime, manga or music. I guess he trusts my tastes. Heck, even my mom thinks they're talented from just listening to Space Dementia. She never really said anything about other bands I listen to before, other than to state that most of them are ear-splittingly loud and promptly wrote me off as a lost cause who'd probably lose my hearing by the time I turn 30...xxxD And then she turns around and, together with my dad, buys me an iPod for my birthday to which, of course, she constantly complains about my listening to it too loud. I don't think I'll ever get that woman...but that's what I love about her.

And...I digress. Sorry about that.

So hey, if you can't find anyone to go with, you can come with my friend and I. You too, Deb. That'd make four of us, the more the merrier. I'd have to meet you first, though, because I'm gonna need your share of the dosh beforehand to buy your bus ticket for you. ^_~

BTW, is your name really Mary and how old are you? Cos if you're a minor, and you're serious about going, chances are your folks are gonna want to meet us, or at least, me. And if that's what it takes for you to be able to go, I'll gladly go through their grilling xxD. Small price to pay for someone who wants to experience MUSE, to be able to experience MUSE, if you ask me. But then that's only possible if you live around the KL or Klang Valley area. Anyway, if you do, on both counts, just say the word. That goes the same for you too, Deb, and I'm very sure you, at least, are a minor. One thing tho, Deb, we're not planning on staying at a hotel or whatnot. You'll have time to wait around to try to catch a glimpse of them after the show, sure, since the bus we're intending to take only leaves at 8am earliest, but we're not planning on putting up anywhere for the night. We'd prolly just sit around whatever all nite cafe that's around the vicinity of where we'll board--HarbourFront, which, I might add, is only a mere six MRT stations away from the concert venue =).

EDIT: Oh and DEB, you can actually buy the ticket yourself right here in KL. Just go to Holiday Tours and Travel Sdn. Bhd. in the KL Sentral arrival hall. They're KL's only Sistic agent. I bought mine from there.

EDIT: Oh and DEB, you can actually buy the ticket yourself right here in KL. Just go to Holiday Tours and Travel Sdn. Bhd. in the KL Sentral arrival hall. They're KL's only Sistic agent. I bought mine from there.

is it exactly the same price if i buy it from the Sistic agent here? or is it cheaper if i buy it from Singapore? and umm.. lol i wont mind going with you and your friend, really. its just.. i dunno a bit odd though. no offence or anything, its just.. i have this thing with strangers. i'm a bit (ok thats an understatement) hostile towards strangers.. or so i've been told. but then again, i wouldnt mind going with someone who knows and loves Muse as much as i do.. possibly even more. whereas my other friends arent that nuts over Muse like i am.

i'll think about it. ;)

You know, I was actually all set on going alone. I didn't bother begging, cos the very act itself is disheartening to me, no matter their reply, and I really don't find the idea of other people disheartening me from something I truly desire very appealing, no matter how unintended it is. And no matter how good a friend they are, they're outsiders when it comes to certain desires of my heart. And in knowing that I still persist, then it serves me right to be disheartened, isn't it? So might as well not bother at all. Persuade? Hah, don't give me that bullshit. This might come off as harsh, but I seriously don't have time for it.

You see, some of my friends, they're into a different scene altogether so I guess I've got no business asking them in the first place but some of them, they actually do like what they hear but just couldn't be bothered enough to see for their own eyes and to that I say, "Hey, it's your loss. It's no skin off my nose."

friggin true.

could i follow you? and thx again:happy:

if your mom trusts you to be able to take care of yourself and says yes, i don't see why not. you'd have to ask your mom to help you purchase your bus ticket, though...i can give you the details but i really don't want to take on the burden of handling everyone's mode of transportation, seeing as there's a good chance our crowd might increase...

lol dont worry abt my transportation..the problem is, well ok like Deb said, and no offence, i am kinda hostile towards strangers, but i dont know why im actually kinda looking forward to going with you lol..i mean since you ARE a Muse fan..but i would like my mum to folo..coz if no one's gonna go with me and should anything happen or whatever..unless my brother can send me, which i highly doubt, but anyways, if my mum follows..i mean like for this kinda thing id rather go with a friend..not to say my mum's boring or whatever..but..it would be more fun with a friend i hope you understand..but ive already asked a friend and her parents wouldnt let her go....but i think itd be ok if my mum followed me...but im gonna have to make her sit under the hot sun or the rain or the shady tree:ohmy: :( no way..ARRRGGGHHHH:mad: :'(

if you have no one to go with at all, then i don't mind but well if your mom's gonna go with you, then there's no need for you to follow us, i don't think. ^_^ we can possibly meet up there but well trying to arrange so everyone can meet up might be a hassle, which, no offence, unless absolutely necessary, is something I'd rather avoid at all cost. it's easier to enjoy a show when you have less to worry about. i'm sure you already know that.

and a lot of you seem to be forgetting that i'm only offering because some of you /asked/. if you're hostile towards strangers, then you shouldn't have asked in the first place, should you? actually it's more concede than offer. another reason i conceded is so that you guys, some of whose attendance is dependant on whether you have company to go with or not, can actually hook up with us and make your attendance a possibility. so if you already have someone to go with, then it's not necessary to go together at all. i really don't want this to turn out to be a liability to my friend and i as well. this concert is hard to come by and we'd also like to enjoy it to the fullest, after all. so the less strings you've got attached, the better.

don't forget, we're all strangers here. you're as much a stranger to me as i am to you.

so might as well go our separate ways and if fate allows us, we'll meet up at the venue.

in fact, i think it'd be safer to just get your mom to go with you. ^_^

and if you feel MUSE is not worth the risk of going with a stranger, then, well nothing wrong with that. all the more power to you, in fact. not many will have that good a sense when it comes to their favorite band. me, i'd rather chance going alone, i spose. but that aside, if you can't go, or rather, choose not to, perhaps you'll get to see them when they come to malaysia.

btw if my mom chooses to come with, i'd choose to go with her in a hearbeat. unfortunately she won't enjoy herself much during the louder parts of the set and i'm already old enough to go on my own so i won't get to experience that. so if your mom is willing to endure that much in order to watch over you, i wouldn't complain. cos hey, at least she'd pay for everything for you. xxD

Early Bird discounts!

1st - 15th December: $85*

16th - 31st December: $95*

1st - 16th Jan: $110*

* $2 Sistic fee not included.

Click here to buy tickets!

Sistic outlets in Malaysia

Holiday Tours & Travel Sdn Bhd (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)

Lot no: 13 Arrival Hall

Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station (train station)

50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Holiday Tours & Travel Sdn Bhd (Penang, Malaysia)

231 Jalan Burma

10050 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia

Sin Chung Tours Sdn Bhd (Johor Bahru, Malaysia)

27 Jalan Kuning Dua

Taman Pelangi 80400

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

muse_music, if you took a look at this page which I've already given you the link to earlier, you'll see that it says the show starts at 8:00p.m.and lasts for approximately 2 hours so simple math tells me it should end around tennish, and i reckon maybe slightly sooner, encore and all. here's a word of advice for you to help prepare you for the long journey ahead of you called life: researching for yourself will get you further than asking here because then you'd have to wait for a reply and by then you'll prolly have new questions to which you prolly have to spend some more time waiting for replies to again...plus there's no guarantee that others'll reply cos they may not have the info for you and even if they do, you can't know for sure that it's accurate. so unless it's something you can't find via research, i suggest you'll do better looking at the relevant pages for most of your questions.

kurt_maisu: why don't you buy online? if you don't have a credit card, ask someone you know who does. i understand the mindset of there being no harm in asking but i don't reckon it'd get you far because finding a total stranger who'd be willing to fork out the cash beforehand for you, who are equally a stranger, would be like finding a needle in haystack. and i have to add, i'm not that needle.

hey vspirit, i think we should all meet (those who r going and thinking of going) perhaps at midvalley or KLCC.. i am still torn apart whether to go or not.. and no i'm not a minor.. i'm way older than u mate!! hehe and my name is not mary either, it's a pearl jam song that i love so much:) seriously i just gave up on going yesterday and went 2 pertama complex this afternoon and bought hullaballoo dvds.. geez.. big mistake coz watching it made me want to go to their concert even more:rolleyes: so.. what do y'all think should we meet and discuss?? :D