aaand.. my boifday is TOMORROWW!!! AAAHAHAHHAH!!!

ok here's a thought, should i get a guitar, or muse sg gig tickets? both as presents.. i'm supposed to choose apparently. :eek:

oh and uh, muse_music! where'd you get the scores for Sunburn from?? i have the Newborn one.. but i suck at playing it cause i hardly practice cause everyone's always home and i'm too shy to play in front of them.

wow that was a long sentance. your hyperactive-ness is rubbing onto me! :LOL:

i got the tab from a website where its insanely difficult to read piano tabs coz theyre in some alien format and...

ok anyways, i simplified it, in paint lol, just for you, um..as a birthday present!:D

its dots but not semibreves....

and you have to listen to the song to get the rhythm..

is quite simple, actually :)

[ATTACH]943[/ATTACH]

click on it..

oh gosh its not very clear though..

the chorus is Am and Dm..

you can read it rite??

any problems just tell me

enjoy:happy:

i got the tab from a website where its insanely difficult to read piano tabs coz theyre in some alien format and...

ok anyways, i simplified it, in paint lol, just for you, um..as a birthday present!:D

its dots but not semibreves....

and you have to listen to the song to get the rhythm..

is quite simple, actually :)

[ATTACH]943[/ATTACH]

click on it..

oh gosh its not very clear though..

the chorus is Am and Dm..

you can read it rite??

any problems just tell me

enjoy:happy:

hey thanks a lot for that... but er, see the thing is, i havent been playing the piano that often and i completely forgot what key is a flat or a sharp in minor or major.. so er.. i guess i can play the melody, but not the bass.. unless there isnt any bass part in this song. for the piano i mean.. not the bass guitar kinda bass.

crap this is all so confusing.

i have that Adobe Reader thingie thingie that reads piano scores and whatnots if that helps! :unsure:

hey thanks a lot for that... but er, see the thing is, i havent been playing the piano that often and i completely forgot what key is a flat or a sharp in minor or major.. so er.. i guess i can play the melody, but not the bass.. unless there isnt any bass part in this song. for the piano i mean.. not the bass guitar kinda bass.

crap this is all so confusing.

i have that Adobe Reader thingie thingie that reads piano scores and whatnots if that helps! :unsure:

bass? whadya mean? theres no bbass there you dont have to play bbass u mean chords bbass? there r no bbass chords..bbass..

f sharp = f key black note sharp black f key :stunned::D

lol..theres no bbass lah..just melody..

is that what you mean?

haha it is ccoonnffuussiinngg..oo lliikkee tthhee wwoorrdd ccccoooonnnnffffuuuussssiiiinnnnggggggggnnnniiiissssuuuuffffnnnnoooocccc

hmm..is there a way to attach pictures to my msg, so that it is the original size and not a fumbnail?

no....i said THumbnail..lol

seriously how to do it?

pweesh help me...

bass? whadya mean? theres no bbass there you dont have to play bbass u mean chords bbass? there r no bbass chords..bbass..

f sharp = f key black note sharp black f key :stunned::D

lol..theres no bbass lah..just melody..

is that what you mean?

haha it is ccoonnffuussiinngg..oo lliikkee tthhee wwoorrdd ccccoooonnnnffffuuuussssiiiinnnnggggggggnnnniiiissssuuuuffffnnnnoooocccc

hmm..is there a way to attach pictures to my msg, so that it is the original size and not a fumbnail?

no....i said THumbnail..lol

seriously how to do it?

pweesh help me...

ok er.. bass and melody as in like.. left hand and right hand. treble clef (however you spell it) and bass clef.. you know?

you gotta upload the pic first.. i normally use http://www.photobucket.com but you can use imageshack or something if you like. then click on the icon that has the picture of the mountain with the yellow sky and copy and paste the url there. get it?

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

remember..HAMPIR oni..

lol Debs, if ur gonna get the guitar and not have lessons, i would reccomend this site..its really good and im getting 'lessons' there..

ive always wanted a guitar..so i asked my fren to give me her guitar coz shes gonna buy a new one..

and two weeks after my birthday, they(my friends) suprised me with a brand new! guitar

i scram like 4 times in the class and every1 in the hall was looking at my class lol

and i found that websoite..

veli veli goo..

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nama kamu is Debbis yyah

kamu punya hepi birrt day yah

eh wait a minute..Debs ur birthday is on the 6th?

Dom's is on the 7th!!!!

wow..

Hello dudes! Happy bday Debbie! Good that you're allowed to come for Muse's gig.

I just passed out of my basic military training today and i've got leave till 17th whoohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is a good day for many reasons :).

Oh yeah i learnt piano cuz of Muse. And i only learnt Muse songs HAHA. Learnt Space Dementia with guitar pro!

^haha such a strange coincidence. i just came off from watching an episode of Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (kanji and hiragana are written as 「幕末機関説いろはにほへと」, for those of you who are savvy with Japanese or Chinese characters, or both) and am now listening to its opening theme, Kouya Ruten on my iPod when I saw your username.

Hey dude what's ur race? How come u know japanese? I know u teach them english but woah ur good if u just picked it up from them just like that. I wish i knew japanese too so i can play all the games in the universe :).

U know i've recently found a craze in watching the crappy amatuer vids of Muse's gigs cuz it gives me chills, I'm definitely gonna sneak in a cam, man.

hey thanks everyone! :D haha i had an awesome sweet 16th birthday. :) and i LOVE the fact that Dom's birthday is after mine!!! teeheeheehee!! ..err. :$ roight ok anyway

the fact that i'll be going to a MUSE CONCERT still hasnt sunk in to me yet.. probably cause i dont have the tickets yet. bloody hell i'm so freakin scared that it'll get sold out! but i need to know whether a friend of mine is going with me before i can get the tickets.. gah! i'm so impatient. :(

Oh man i hate it when i have to make a decision based on another person's decision.

I wonder when will Muse decide to come to Sg, is it on the 16th itself or earlier? I'm sure they would wana check out this damn island. I hope i can meet them in person on the streets or something! That'll be so cool. I imagine meeting them at Orchard Rd or something then eating at umm Burger King with them.

omg that'll be so cool! then you could show them around and be their tour guide! and who knows? you might get vip tickets or something along those lines!

oh please note that i have never been to singapore before, so if i do go next year, i'd wanna look around too! i have no idea how orchard road looks like. haha. heard its a great place!

Haha yeah vip tickets would be nice. Maybe then i'll sell my $85 ticket to someone else for half the price. IF i get VIPs heh heh. Orchard is something like the KLCC area. It's ok lah, things here are almost the same as in KL, but seriously i think KL is way cooler. I mean Times Square is so fun. With the amusement park inside and all. There's a new place called Vivocity which is dubbed to be another Orchard rd but i think they're spending too much on redundant malls.

Yeah and would you guys be interested to check out me bro's band, heavily influenced by Muse. http://www.myspace.com/monofonemusic

called the ticket agent this morning just to ask them a few questions about the concert. Deb dont worry, when i asked them are there any tickets left, the man answered "ada.. banyak lagi";) (hope u understand malay tho eheh). was asking about hotel booking actually coz dunno if i'm into hanging around all night cafes.. no offence, vspirit i'm just too old and requires enuf sleep plus i cant skip my prayers. found out that u can actually make hotel bookings there so that's kinda nice. is geylang near the concert area? coz d man said that there r alot of budget hotels in that area..

vspirit, are we're meeting up this sat evening?

No actually Geylang is about aprox. half hour away from Fort Canning which is near Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station. Geylang is between Paya Lebar and Eunos Station which is prob 7 - 8 stations away from Dhoby Ghaut.

Im not too sure about how the budget hotel pricings are like. But do take note that a certain part of Geylang is an infamous red light district. But don't worry it's just a small area.

Yanno, crazy_mary, 28 really isn't all that old.

...or at least that's what i'm telling myself since i'll be getting there in four years...

And yes, Sat evening's a green light. Just need to decide on a time, is all. Oh and venue-wise, can we relocate to Pan Cafe in SS15? If you don't know where that is, it's actually very near to Subang Parade itself. You just have to drive in a little bit more, bout 450 meters or so.

Oh and I did check out for nearby budget accomodations and the nearest one to HarbourFront, where my friend and I are alighting AND departing from, is this hotel called Harbour Ville Hotel.It's less than 2km away from the port itself. I don't know the rates but I'm sure it should be plenty affordable, being categorized under 'Budget Hotel' and all...

As for hotels near Fort Canning Park, well, I didn't have any plans to stay around there to begin with (if my friend and I are staying at all, I wanna make damn sure we stay as near to the point of departure as possible, so as not to miss the bus home, you understand) but you might wanna check this site out. It's extremely helpful, especially if you're a tourist in Singapore.

And Nuts, you're a real nice helpful fella, aren't ya? ^_^ Don't change for anything in the world. Me, I'm your usual run-of-the-mill Malaysian Chinese, who just so happened to have been studying Japanese for the past six years and is currently working in a Japanese-speaking environment (tomorrow is English-speaking day, though, yippee!!). I'm not that fluent yet but would really like to be someday soon. And really, that's all there is to it. Nothing impressive at all. ^^;;

No problem, glad i helped if at all crazy_mary. Hope you enjoy ur stay here haha. If any of you guys need to clarify anything i'll try me best to help.

There's nothing much to helping ppl. Don't worry spirit, i'll do my best to be as helpful as i can for as long as i live.

It's so cool to learn a language that you don't hear everyday, i say. So are you into the japanese culture and stuff? I think the way they speak is so animated haha. Very interesting listening to them.

Er, heya, Kuciku. Selamat...datang?

And that's about as far as I'll go.

LONG READ AHEAD OF YOU. KUCIKI, I SUGGEST YOU READ IT. NUTS, YOU PROBABLY DON'T HAVE TO BUT DON'T LET ME STOP YOU IF YOU'RE INTERESTED. OTHERWISE, JUST GO AHEAD AND SKIP TO THE LAST PARAGRAPH WHICH IS ADDRESSED TO YOU IN REPLY TO YOUR QUERY

I think I understand your feeling so you can go right ahead if you want, since most of us here will more or less understand perfectly what you're saying (but I had a little trouble since your spelling just sorta threw me off for a bit there...or is that bahasa kampung, or BM from the East Coast or something? I'm from the city so I don't really get much of the spelling there...) anyway, but me, I'll answer in English, thank you very much. It's not like our general standard of English is great to begin with, so pardon me if I may, I'm going to use it as much as I can to promote the fact that not all Malaysians can't use the language properly.

Speaking of 'bahasa kita', the BM you're using doesn't seem very much like it to me. Not the one I know anyway. If it's from a local region I'm unfamiliar with, I apologize for being presumptious, but if you're really sincere about wanting to speak it, how about using the standard version of BM instead? And why I choose to use English rather than BM is cos while I love both my country and its national language, and I understand it more or less perfectly, it however, is neither my mother tongue nor my second language (which is English, if you can't already guess...which actually is more like my first but since it isn't my mother tongue, well...what can I do?), like it seems to be yours so when I DO speak it, it'll never come out as natural for me. It's not even my third language, if I have to be honest. It /is/ probably my fourth and on a personal level, it's not something I'm ashamed of at all (I would be if I don't know it at all, which of course, isn't true in my case, either).

In fact, let me go further as to say I'm not good at expressing myself in any other language as well as I can in English. Not even my mother tongue, truth be told, nor Japanese, a language which I'm very interested in and have been learning for a few years out of my own accord, but even then, I think I can express myself far better in these two languages than I can in BM, a language that I have love for simply because it's my country's national language, but sadly not the interest to further hone.

Speaking of interest, I hope to be able to use Japanese well someday. Am working towards it now, in fact, er...more or less. But anyway, back to BM. Words like "Cis", "Celaka", "Aduh", "Alamak" do come in handy sometimes, cos after all, I am Malaysian at heart. xD So in case you did, please don't get the impression that I'm less patriotic than you are, and I'd speak BM in a heartbeat when certain situations call for it (with a little trouble and probably not a little amount of stuttering, yes, but I'd still do it without hesitation) but this isn't one of them. This is a forum where I want to be able to express myself with as little trouble as possible. If I'm going to hit a snag every time I try to even in a place as free as this is, I might as well not post at all, innit. Which is why I suggest you keep on using BM, even if it's only allowable in this thread, if that's the language you find easier to express yourself in. After all, one of the greater beauties of our country is our Muhibbah culture. Saying something in BM and then having it being replied to in English or whatever other language that's prevalent in our country, as though the languages are one and the same, is no less impressive than speaking only one of these languages and it's another facet to our country which I'm extremely proud of.

Plus, general population aside, quite a number of us M'sians are able to use English well, unlike some of the other countries in which thread you were indicating as speaking their own language, so we choose to speak it instead of BM. Remnants of being forced while in school has left a slightly less than positive impression on me so now I won't ever use it unless, like I said earlier, certain situations arise where I have to. I hope you understand. But like I suggested, do continue speaking in BM. It is fun to see our national language being spoken but don't get mad when some of us don't respond to you in kind, OK? Cos we all have our reasons. The long rant above is just mine alone.

Oh yeah, and when I say I have love for my country, please do not mistake it as my holding the same amount of adoration for its government as well. The latter and former are two very different things, as some of you should very well know. But let's not discuss this cos it's neither the time nor the place. Especially not the place.

And aw, look what you did. You've gone and sparked off a rant. I must've been unconsciously holding it in for quite some time. =/ Oh well, read or not, at least everything's out of my system now.

Nuts, yeah I'm interested in their language and their food and I guess, in a way, their culture and history as well. I also like the nature in their country. As far as pop culture goes, my interest is until the extent of certain genres of anime, manga, and possibly music as well (very limited, tho) . Can't say I'm too keen on other aspects of it (fashion and whatnot...then again, I'm not keen on fashion, period xD).

*clap* *clap* to vspirit :) as he saves the day again...

...so true..

er Nut lol..kacang- there you go. isnt peninsular at Orchard? penin is coooool..oooo my bro bought a heartagram from there lol...which part of Spore are you from? and and ur brother's band..is he singer coz the singer's voice sounds abitabitabit like Matt's...the the the the STYLE of the voice...

ask 987 to interview them..weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

oooo you can just take an MRT ride to Dhoby Ghaut..if you come from Johor just take a bus to the causeway an bla bla and take a bus to Kranji and take an mrt to Dhoby Ghaut..rite? so you can sleep in the train hehe..

oh and the link you sent me vspirit, on the concert info it says NO PHOTOGRAPHY??

*sigh*..bad news for me..i asked my mum again whether i could go..and suddenly she said no..gosh i actually wept a little:happy:

STANDARD BM woot!

kacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacangkacang

penge-crack kacang..nutcracker, your name in malay..i dunno what crack in malay is though..:) oh or or it could be pemecah kacang