i'm sure they do, from the record company and royalties after all. Do u think they perform for free :eek: lol

no laaaah... but come on, pay cheques? thats like.. for office jobs and part time jobs and stuff. they're ROCKERS! the cash they make should be different... right? .. or not. i dunno. i mean DUH i know they get money, but HOW ? in what form? cash? cheque? thats what i meant.

I LOVE WORKING AT TGIF! TEEHEE :LOL: when it isnt so busy of course...

well they have to get paid in some way, right? and i'm pretty sure they either get checks or the money wired directly into their accounts, should they not be able to find time to actually go to the bank to cash the checks. personally, i'd go with the second since it seems more feasible but for expression's sake, it's easier to say what a person did with his first paycheck rather than what he did with the his first, er, wire-trasferred pay. how strange is that, right? it's just one of those semi age-old expressions that shares the same context and is just more convenient so that when used, people still get what you're talking about.

wow mr vspirit ur so smart like your some kind of of.....TEACHER! lol. Anyways, muse just won an EMA for best alternative rock. Did they deserve it? or is their music not considered Alternative anymore O.O

hell yeah did they deserve it. their music is still alternative! maybe slightly poppy and mainstream.. but still alternative nontheless.

does anyone know whether MTV is gonna show the EMAs here on Astro?

1st screening:

18 Nov (Sat)

1330hrs - Red Carpet

1430hrs - Awards Presentation

Rpt:

19 Nov (Sun)

starting 1930hrs.

My mother always taught me not to be lazy and look things up if I want to know them. But then I don't really trust the schedule on the website so I guess we'll just have to stay alert for the next couple of weeks or three, which means I'm prolly doomed to miss it since I'm forgetful about these sort of things.

...fine, I'm forgetful, period. But this stays inside here, ok?

1st screening:

18 Nov (Sat)

1330hrs - Red Carpet

1430hrs - Awards Presentation

Rpt:

19 Nov (Sun)

starting 1930hrs.

i can confirm that i saw the ad on MTV lol.... nothing much to do now except watch MTV since its school holidays

Wow its good to see new users on this thread! And im back once again.

I can't believe Muse won best alternative at the EMA! And BHAR went platinum in Europe! Just a few minutes ago on tv, my local channel 5 used YES PLEASE as the backing track for the promo trailer for Project Runway!! A B-side!! The verdict: Muse has taken over the universe.

Wow its good to see new users on this thread! And im back once again.

I can't believe Muse won best alternative at the EMA! And BHAR went platinum in Europe! Just a few minutes ago on tv, my local channel 5 used YES PLEASE as the backing track for the promo trailer for Project Runway!! A B-side!! The verdict: Muse has taken over the universe.

hello! hello! its been a while since i've visited the board! i've been too busy with work.. its so tiring i tell you. anyway, yeah Muse has taken over the universe! there are tvs in a mall near where i live called 1 utama, and when i was just sitting down outside Topshop, there's a tv nearby and i heard the solo for Hysteria! i looked and saw that it was for the advertisement for the show "24"! cool eh! :D i was sooo happy i tell you! haha :D

and my day off is this sunday! i get to watch the EMAs!! woohooo!! and welcome back Nutcracker! :)

hello! hello! its been a while since i've visited the board! i've been too busy with work.. its so tiring i tell you. anyway, yeah Muse has taken over the universe! there are tvs in a mall near where i live called 1 utama, and when i was just sitting down outside Topshop, there's a tv nearby and i heard the solo for Hysteria! i looked and saw that it was for the advertisement for the show "24"! cool eh! :D i was sooo happy i tell you! haha :D

and my day off is this sunday! i get to watch the EMAs!! woohooo!! and welcome back Nutcracker! :)

i wonder did ntv7 get permission to use the solo hmm ;) Eh eh i'm working at IKEA! thats right the swedish company. And the capital of sweden is Stockholm. where a syndrome is named after :p *yeah i know lame*

wow i just watched the EMA's..Muse..their performance the visuallizations the lights the evrything!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!! WOOO!!!!!

3 BEST super best quotes :

1-Dave Keuning(The Killers): When the host on the red carpet asked who are you expecting, he said "...and Muse, theyre good" or sumthin like that(sorry!)

2-Justin Timberlake: Just before Muse were gonna perform he said "..the best band here tonight, Muse"

3- Brandon Flowers(The Killers): When they got the award for best rock, he said "This award belongs to Muse"

3 cheers for Muse!

PS: Did Matthew Bellamy sing 'truth and tribulations' when they performed starlight? and what guitar is he using this is 2nd time ive seen it and it looks nice and i like it

:)

yanno vc, didn't you say earlier that you're not in m'sia? like you're in new york or somewhere...? one of your earlier post seems to indicate that but some of more your recent ones are indicating otherwise so which is it? :confused:

omg you're right! where ARE you, mr/ms vc?! is there an ikea in new york?? haha.

and er.. my day off is tomorrow!! Sunday!! woot! i get to watch the EMA's baybeh! :LOL: i cant wait to hear what Muse has to say when they win Best Alternative. and i love The Killers! they loike Muse. uh-hyuk :)

halo again...here's a good interview to watch -

oh n thx vc2190!

oh! this interview! i watched it a long time ago and bookmarked it before my comp got reformatted.. it was good to watch that again!

my favourite part was when matt was saying "time IS running out, not time HAS ran out. there's still a chance"

:LOL: thanks for that :)

i copied this from another thread..the Muse dream thread..its my dream dont worry lol

ok ok it was like this..i was at school we were celebrating sumthin..a special day of..er sumthin..and thr was a lotta crap at first and my friend and i played a song on the school's guitars and suddenly Muse were there! i dunno how they got there or i cant remember or sumthin..so anyways, after they played a few songs( i dont even noe what songs they played..i dont think i heard any songs) Chris came down from the stage and thr werent many ppl there and i pulled his arm to get a picture of us together..oh and he wasnt even Chris. i dunno who he was i think he looked like Mike Kennerty frm the All American Rejects but he had Dom's hair and he was very tall and jumpy lol. and then i went to look for Dom and before i could take his pic he started like crying and saying he missed his father..and i was heartbroken and i hugged him and stroked him and told him that we all loved him and you noe..oh gosh..really it was soo..like..sad and..if only you were there..so friggin..ugh..um..depressing..esp to see poor Dom like that...n then later i went to a room with my fren and both Matt and Dom were thr and looking very tired and i wanted to get inside but thr was sumthin pushing the door close so i pushed n pushed and said "Matthew, please" while crying lol..i was asking him for an autograph and eventually he let me in..and i THINK he signed my book and Dom..started crying again and Matt and i hugged him and we were like stroking him..and saying like dont cry..we love you..and then they had to go already and they went on a plane and i think i got a letter saying Muse was in Kedah or sumthin and i was asking them to come back to Johor..and before they took off im like oh gosh i forgot to take a picture of Matt! i was screaming wait!!! but the plane took off and i dunno what i did after that but i woke up with a smile:)

i think i should listen to more Muse before going to bed:happy:

LOL i get Muse dreams too! not very often though

one time i dreamt that i was in a car with matt and dom and one of my friends, and matt was driving ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD! and it was all.. nuts. i was like screaming "DRIVE ON THE LEFT DRIVE ON THE LEFT!!" and he just er, ignored me. and in the car, Dom and i had a little.. incident going on. i cant really remember much of that dream as it was dreamt like, a few months ago. but all i can remember is that after that, they drove me home so that i can get ready for their gigg!!! haha. then all my close friends came over and waited outside my house with Muse while i was getting ready. i introduced them to my parents and stuff... how odd. i cant remember whether i DID go to their gig or not... gosh it was so long ago!

and i had another dream too, but i forgot what happened. sorry.

never had dreams pertaining to these three. had one which had something to do with a burst pipe, paper clips and about six dozen rabbits, though.

so debbie, i take it you'll be heading south in January? after all, like you guys have been trying to pound into my head earlier, this might very well be the closest the band'll ever get to us. guess they really are taking the phrase "dropping by" to the extreme, huh? me, i'm kind of torn up on whether i should or not. the travelling bit seems too daunting and i'll have to go out of my way to take a couple of days leave from work. Leave, which precious few days I have been saving up to travel sometime next year...and again, the idea of travelling down south seem severely unappealing to me somehow, no offense to S'poreans, it's a lovely country but...argh...and not to mention I'd have to renew my passport...

...but the tickets don't seem too difficult to get if you have a credit card...gah...dammit...dammit...dammit...but then i'll have to renew my passport BEFORE I can reserve tickets, meaning sometime this week AND cough up RM350 as renewal fee on an extremely short notice, almost more than twice the ticket price itself, plus i'd have at least two days' worth of accomodation to worry about, and really that's too much trouble than it's worth already. maybe i should just let this one pass. heh.

...well i have til Friday to really decide. anyone of you already swayed? wonder how many people'll show up. don't think the turnout will be that bad, if you ask me. somehow, things have a way of working out when it comes to these three...