Which Muse songs mean something to you?

Eternally Missed - musically and lyrically it moves me coz it's simple yet effective, to me at least, as well as sums up my life, essentially

Uprising - makes me wana grab a baseball bat and go beat up the government basically hahaha

Uno - PERFECT for my relationship right now/ the ending of it

Muscle Museum - perfectly sums up basically my life, same as EM

Futurism - makes me think about, you guessed it, the future

There are so many more .. but those are the biggies

Oh and Crying Shame - musically, that riff seriously makes me wana write a movie and put this song in it and have like, a break up scene with the chick throwing stuff around at her bf .. :eek::awesome: yes please!!! But also, that sums up my relationship with my bf also :yesey: I wana scream "ITS A CRYING SHAME" at him down a megaphone right into his hairy ear. :happy:

Bliss: the first song I got addicted to. it still sends shivers down my spine every time...

Map of the Problematique: 'Loneliness be over'. that says it all.

Shine (acoustic): actually makes me cry.

Citizen Erased: it calms me.

Fillip: the song reminds me my first true love - so quickly and so deep in the mess.

Falling Away With You: the lyrics are ...

Butterflies & Hurricanes: simply because of really strong lyrics. "You've got to be the best, You've got to change the world and use this chance to be heard."

Knights of Cydonia: lyrics are...............so GOOD. This song makes me fight against this stupid system. It makes me much stronger than I really am.

Falling Away With You: reminds me a lot of things. Pure awesomeness this song is.

Invincible: yeah, I do love that song. When I'm feeling down, I want someone to sing this to me, so I usually choose Matt. Helps a lot. :yesey:

Take A Bow: I dunno how to explain the feeling I get when I listen to this song. Something weird. I love it.

Citizen Erased: made me think about a lot of things. The chorus hits me everytime. This song is a monster.

Also, Bliss, Time Is Running Out ("I won't let you bury it, I won't let you smother it, I won't let you murder it"), Stockholm Syndrome, Space Dementia, Muscle Museum, Uprising, United States of Eurasia, In Your World mean so much to me. There are too many.

Butterflies & Hurricanes: simply because of really strong lyrics. "You've got to be the best, You've got to change the world and use this chance to be heard."

Knights of Cydonia: lyrics are...............so GOOD. This song makes me fight against this stupid system. It makes me much stronger than I really am.

Falling Away With You: reminds me a lot of things. Pure awesomeness this song is.

Invincible: yeah, I do love that song. When I'm feeling down, I want someone to sing this to me, so I usually choose Matt. Helps a lot. :yesey:

Take A Bow: I dunno how to explain the feeling I get when I listen to this song. Something weird. I love it.

Citizen Erased: made me think about a lot of things. The chorus hits me everytime. This song is a monster.

Also, Bliss, Time Is Running Out ("I won't let you bury it, I won't let you smother it, I won't let you murder it"), Stockholm Syndrome, Space Dementia, Muscle Museum, Uprising, United States of Eurasia, In Your World mean so much to me. There are too many.

agreed.

Map of the Problematique - "Why can't we see when we bleed, we bleed the same"

Unintended - Just the overall song is so sweet and well said. (:

Falling Away With You - "I'll love whatever you become, forget the reckless things we've done, I think our lives have just begun"

I'm sure there are MANY more but those are the ones that are sticking out in my mind right now (:

The song that probably means most to me is Shine (Acoustic). I don't know why but I can just really relate to it:

"Remember when we used to shine, and had no fear or sense of time."

It makes me feel teary, but uplifted at the the same time

Oh god....

Invincible: This song make me keep going when i just wanna give up. The day after i almost died i heard it for the first time and just cried. Matt's voice is so damn beautiful in it. It's my "never give up" anthem. So this song means SO much to me. Makes me wanna live. and it reminds me how far i've come and it makes me forget all the shit that happened to me in the past.

Showbiz: i've had many problems with my controlling abusive parents so i feel like this song kinda understands me.

Blackout: wow the first time i heard this song....! HITS ME EVERYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really makes you THINK you now. this song gives me an out of this world experience. matt is a genius.

Undisclosed Desires: This song means SO much for me. I can relate so so so much to this song. It always calms and soothes me down.

Map of the problematique: When i hear this song i get a crazy feeling :D it feels like i'm....falling. and i just feel all those feelings you could possibly feel.

Falling Away With You: The mere mention of this songs name makes me emotional.

Muscle Museum: Sums up my life.

Butteflies and Hurricanes: "Best you gotta be the best....." makes me wanna FIGHTTT!

Time is running out: Matt himself said that this song is about feeling suffocated, feeling like that your last chance is taken away from you by something that's outside your power. And that's basically EXACTLY how i've been feeling this whole year.

Stockholm Syndrome Amazing...epicness!

Resistance Makes me feel EVERYTHING. so so so so so so beautiful <3

Shine (acoustic) i always listen to this song before i go to sleep after a long day. And this song makes me feel like he's singing to ME. "remember when we used to shine" MEMORIES................

Exogenesis Fucking beautiful. Always makes me teary.

Uprising: When i feel like beating up the whole government and the illuminati b*tches.

Uno: when i'm disappointed in myself and feel like i've could have been so much better. "you could have been numer one you could have ruled the whole world....." ;)

MATT'S VOICE IS .....WOW. i think you guys get what i'm talking about.. TOO INCREDIBLY AMAZING FOR WORDS. PURE AWESOMENESS. PERIOD. I. LOVE. HIM.

Blackout: Since I heard that song I dunno... somehow I realized that I should be happy that I've got a chance to live, and I should just enjoy life and do what I want to.

Butterflies and Hurricanes: "You've got to be the best"...it inspires me if I want to stop learning or doing something important, or if I think about something that I am not able to do it. This song made me more optimistic.

Megalomania: I think about the life on earth and getting children totally different than ever before.

Showbiz: I can identify with that song if someone wants to tell me what I should do.

I'll be vague, to not bore you all with the story of my life

Blackout, a relationship...

Invincible, "stand up for what you believe" <3

Escape, a point in my life (lyrics)

Stockholm Syndrome, my frist Muse song and also relates to my intrest in psychology

Falling Away With You, again, same relationship... sums up a lot of beuatiful moments.

Falling Down, kind of like a quiet rebellion, showing a small town that you're bigger than what they've made you out to be...

Easily, "when you're feeling beautiful, will you remember me?"

There's a lot more - these are off the top of my head

Falling in love with someone, thinking you have a chance with them and dreaming about the future, then getting rejected and dealing with the fall out is not a pretty thing.

It fucking hurts like hell!!

Right in the middle of that shit at the moment :(

Showbiz is just intense to listen to - just amplifies how I feel at the time of listening

Micro Cuts Same deal really :p

Endlessly Just illustrates my inability to move on from a lost cause :(

Hoodoo Makes me cry quite often - the depth of the lyrics hits me hard every time - I'm doing my major piece in Yr 12 Media using this song

Undisclosed Desires What can I say? I'd love to have my undisclosed desires satisfied :supersad:

Guiding Light But this song just makes me feel lucky to have such a great friendship with the one I love, and he still can get me out of the worst depressive moods <3

• 3 months later...

Showbiz - I guess.. when I think about it, it's a warning to my friends :LOL: they know not to push me too far.

Uprising - this chorus has always been in my mind. being deaf, i've always had people looking down their noses at me, and calling me stupid, dumb, just..things you don't want to hear, ever. but this helps me get over it, kinda of, spit it back in their face and walk away from it.

Blackout - this. is just so amazing. the music is soothing, but the vocals, wow. the whole thing combined brings me to tears near enough every time. i live my life, it's too short to linger. :yesey:

Falling away with you - 'Staying awake to chase a dream', says it all for me.

Knights of Cydonia - no-one's going to take me alive. :)

Muscle Museum - i live in a town that could be Teignmouth's welsh twin :chuckle: it's a seaside town, full of idiots :rolleyes: who don't think anyone is gonna make it big. pessimistic bastards. so, yeah, same reasoning why matt wrote it, i guess.

There are way too many Muse songs that mean something to me personally and that I can connect with on an emotional level that it would be difficult to list them here. But I have to mention Hoodoo, it's my favorite song, the lyrics are brilliant and the song as a whole is just powerfully epic yet still subtle compared with much of Muse's music. /ramble

When i'm sad or don't believe in myself, i listen to Invincible. ;) It just..gives me self-confidence and means a lot to me :happy:

Follow through

Make your dreams come true

Don't give up the fight

You will be all right

Cause there's no one like you

In the universe

And whatever they say

Your soul's unbreakable

Wow... There are so many Muse songs that means a lot to me... each song means something else, other period, other situation...

Butterflies & Hurricanes- That is my favorite song. I can't describe the feelings I felt when I first heard that song. I just told myself "this is it. this is the song. that is my song, my favorite song!" the strong lyrics with the strong melody... It just works! amazing song. Everytime I'm listening to it before I'm going to sleep, I just close my eyes, enjoying the moment, and It sooths me, calms me down.

Showbiz- I identify with all the lyrics. It makes me feel that this song was written about me... describes PERFECTLY my feeling and what I had and have to deal with.

And the "scream" at the end contains all the emotions I felt at the middle of the song, makes me wanna scream with him, and I get shocked every single time I'm listening to it by his breathtaking voice.

Bliss- I Identify with the whole lyrics. It's like he's singing through my throat, It's simple as it sounds. Just read the lyrics, I'm sure you'll figure out what I'm talking about.

Resistance- This song is so strong. I took it's meaning and did a switch. I mean, I took the lyrics to my own life, even though Matt maybe didn't even thought about the meaning that way. It shows me that you can take all the Muse songs and twist their meanings to your own situations, and almost everyone can identify with the lyrics, cause Matt gives us the opportunity to figure out the meanings of the song by yourself, so everybody can look at this song through his eyes. This line is the most strong, for my opinion: "Kill your prayers for love and peace, You'll wake the thought police! we can't hide the truth inside".

Sunburn- I get all goosefleshed when I'm listening to it. "Come let the truth be shared, no one ever dared to break these endless lies, secretly she cries..." The words are talking by themselves.

Cave- remind me of myself. once again, just read the lyrics, it simple as it sounds.

Undisclosed Desires- I think that this song is under-rated, because it's "un-Museish".

I actually love this song, I love the way that Muse can reinvent themselves, and do any genre they want to, that's amazing. I can see that behind the scenes, there is a real meaning for these lyrics, I really do.

I'd want the undisclosed desires in my heart to be satisfied.

Unnatural selection-

* "They'll laugh as they watch us fall, the lucky don't care at all, No chance for fate, It's unnatural selection! I want the truth."

* "We are not droplets in the ocean."

* "I wanna speak in a language that they'll understand"

Muscle Museum- "Can you see that I am needing? Begging for so much more, that you could ever give..." That sentence is more than just few words, it can describe a whole life, I mean it.. seriously. I actually wrote it in my facebook few days ago...

Exogenesis symphony part 3: Redemption- "Let's start over again... why can't we start it over again?"

"It's our last chance to forgive ourselves"

Pink Ego Box- genious song. I can't believe that no one wrote about it before... Can't stop listening to it, It's addictive, and the more I listen to it- the more I identify with it, totally.

Megalomania- "Take off your disguise, I know that underneath It's me"

"What are they for? They'll just grow up, and break the laws you've loved"

I also love the name of the song, Megalomania... there are a lot of things in this name. really.

Knights of Cydonia+ Map of the Problematique- strong lyrics!!!

New Born- I don't think that you can imagine how much weight the line "Destroy the spineless" carries for me!!! those 3 words are so meaningful through my eyes!

Blackout- everytime I'm listening to this song, I go: "what have I done? I spent my childhood without even noticing. From the second I was born, I lost my innocence, I lost the most basic trait for a child, for a man, for every human being.. I should have used this wonderful chance to be a child, but I missed it." Breathtaking song, I think that every single person better listen to it, before he'll do something that he'll regret on.

Citizen Erased- "Wash me away, clean your body of me. Erase all the memories, They'll only give us pain. And I've seen, all I'll ever need..."

i did have a list written out, but i was adding explaining lots, so i'll just mention them and say that i've got my reasons for all of them:

map of the problematique, stockholm syndrome, sing for absolution, showbiz, exogenesis (all 3), citizen erased, easily, fury, butterflies and hurricanes, ruled by secrecy, falling away with you, space dementia.

yeah. those. probably the first two i mentioned have the most meaning to me though.

Endlessly is a song that reminds me of my first crush - I dreamt about getting her so much but never told her how I truly felt. There's a lot of emotional pain in that song but thats why I like it.

Hysteria also means stuff to me because of the frustrations I get when I want people I hand-on-heart know I won't win.

Map of the Problematique also means stuff - the desire again and refusal to give up but feeling you've always been wrong around her and feeling angry and lonely.

There's a few others too probably.

Archived