Kit and Tab Tribute Act

ADAM

I can mix/edit/master any audio and add any bass (couple of days notice needed) and guitar. I have quite an extensive pedal board so the bass should sound good, but i'm not sure if I have the modulation capabilities of Chris. For the guitar, I guess whoever mixes it can E.Q and add plug ins after. Anyway, it's an interesting idea. I strongly recommend you get the right guy to edit/mix/master it as it could end up sounding like a shit demo.

If the guitarist has a horrific finger-severing-whilst-eating-a-curly-whirly accident, i'll do the 21+ band guitar work. I can play almost every muse song (actually a bit embarrased by that i think).

-rich

I wouldn't worry about that, I'd imagine that pretty much every guitarist here can too:LOL: !

I say we start a guitar orchestra and play Muse's hits throughout the land :yesey:.

I can mix/edit/master any audio and add any bass (couple of days notice needed) and guitar. I have quite an extensive pedal board so the bass should sound good, but i'm not sure if I have the modulation capabilities of Chris. For the guitar, I guess whoever mixes it can E.Q and add plug ins after. Anyway, it's an interesting idea. I strongly recommend you get the right guy to edit/mix/master it as it could end up sounding like a shit demo.

I agree. You can therefore be another mixing dude on the list. We can send our files to you, Crazy Bob and donbenjy and see who comes up with the best goods. :) ....There's a challenge! :D

Current Status:

BAND 1

Got:

Bod on piano

Me on drums

Simno on guitar

MuseMatt on bass

~NoblameNoshame~ on backing / appregios

dwydav on matt bellamy sound-a-like

Tracee on triangle and other noises :D

Doing:

1) Stockholm / 2) Showbiz / 3) Sunburn / 4) Hyper-Chondriac Music / 5) New Born / 6) The Groove / 7) ?

BAND 2

Got:

Dominic Howard on drums

Matts Half Brother on guitar

BAND 3

Got:

acroyear2 on guitar

With...

Crazy Bob, donbenjy and cheddatom on mixing/editing/mastering.

and

Beast Love on Moral Support / Marketing - the tom kirk of the groups

1 - we dont want to meet muse (well we do...but this isnt the point!)

2 - we're not meeting up - we're recording each part at home or school and sending it in.

3 - we dont need a studio - just sticking wavs together to get some form of group sound.

4 - it HAS worked on other forums

Recording each section in our own homes then tranna bang it all together is NOT gonna work.

What about the difference in quality of recording equipment? What about timings? This will sound shit. Haha.

Oh god, a reason to legitimize trying to be Muse.

Usually you're a cunt, well you still are sometimes, but here I sort of agree. I'm past all the 'omg Myooze i can play bliss!!!11' stuff now. Bored of Muse. :LOL:

Recording each section in our own homes then tranna bang it all together is NOT gonna work.

What about the difference in quality of recording equipment? What about timings? This will sound shit. Haha.

Timings can be sorted by the use of a click track. However, the first one I agree on.

1) What about the difference in quality of recording equipment? What about timings? This will sound shit. Haha.

Usually you're a cunt, well you still are sometimes, but here I sort of agree. I'm past all the 'omg Myooze i can play bliss!!!11' stuff now. 2) Bored of Muse. :LOL:

Thankyou for your optimism. :rolleyes:

1) - True - very true, which is why we have THREE mixing guys who will try and do their best to make it sound good.....sticking different sound clips in time will be easy - just drag them to the point where they align!

2) Why are you still here then?

3) I take it as you dont wanna be part of it then?

All these people with replica muse instruments are having the times of their lives.

Sorry who are you talking about now? Is being vague a form of 'wit'? Because if somebody says "what?" to what you're saying, it means they don't get it, thus making you wittier? Is that right? Yeah? Okay love. You eat your beans. Eat them all up. Mmmm lovely beans. Yum yum. You like them don't you. There's jelly in the fridge for afters if you want it.

As for this Muse tribute act, erm... you're all getting very into it. But I don't see what the point of this is. I mean. Yeah. Try and sell it to me.

@ hypnotize:

seriously...why all the sarcasm? have you ever thought just how much time you've wasted in your life being a twat?

maybe you should try being positive or doing ANYTHING constructive? what's the point of hanging around these boards if all you do is make snide comments?

@ people that care:

btw...as long as everyone can play in time, then editing etc. will be easy. Gotta stress the importance of being able to play exactly in time with the backing, otherwise we're fooked. I think we shoudl lay down a clicktrack for ADAM and with the other recordings ill mix it into the backing for people too.

difference in audio quality is simple- .WAV format please, 44100 sample rate and 16bit depth resolution. Also, if there's a background interference noise, can there be a bit at the start with just the instruments at rest (for guitars, first not touching the gutiar, then hand muting the strings) so that there's a sample frequency if we need to cancel it!

difference in audio quality is simple- .WAV format please, 44100 sample rate and 16bit depth resolution. Also, if there's a background interference noise, can there be a bit at the start with just the instruments at rest (for guitars, first not touching the gutiar, then hand muting the strings) so that there's a sample frequency if we need to cancel it!

Hahaha, it's really not that simple, you should know that.

We don't all have brilliant recording equipment, we don't have similar acoustics, we don't all have sound proof rooms, we don't all have good mic technique, we don't all have decent DI technique either. For example, I can't record anything without it peaking, unless I turn the volume on my keyboard RIGHT down, so I can't actually hear what I'm playing.

yeh, but if you have the background nosie, you can dial off a load of unwanted crap. I presume your keyboard isn't at line level then? Do you have/use the headphone socket? that's usually the best for line in without a DI box. You can also check in volume control turn the mic channel on (file>properties> mic) then do file>advanced, then click on the advanced button under the mic, and if the mic boost is checked, there's your problem :p I can record my gutiar at about 3/4 volume with distortion, but avoiding clipping

yeh, but if you have the background nosie, you can dial off a load of unwanted crap. I presume your keyboard isn't at line level then? Do you have/use the headphone socket? that's usually the best for line in without a DI box. You can also check in volume control turn the mic channel on (file>properties> mic) then do file>advanced, then click on the advanced button under the mic, and if the mic boost is checked, there's your problem :p I can record my gutiar at about 3/4 volume with distortion, but avoiding clipping

Trust me, I've tried many-a-thing. I don't use the headphone socket, I use the line out socket. I've tried levelling using the volume control but it's never really satisfied. I dunnur. But really, I very much doubt this will end up sounding good, I know it's not as simple as 'getting rid of some background noise'. Maybe if someone shows me an example of this being done - on real 'home' computers - then, you know. I might be more interested. Still I don't know what all this is for

Sorry who are you talking about now? Is being vague a form of 'wit'? Because if somebody says "what?" to what you're saying, it means they don't get it, thus making you wittier?

Sorry i must have missed something. Who thought i was being vague about who?

As for everyone else, i can see this thing turning out as...

1) People from each band record their parts.

2) Mixing people realize how crap it sounds when all these parts are put together and decide to record the parts themselves.

3) I can't wait to see the results.

2) Mixing people realize how crap it sounds when all these parts are put together and decide to record the parts themselves.

You may be right, but we'll never know 'til we try! Its worked on other boards!

Sorry i must have missed something. Who thought i was being vague about who?

As for everyone else, i can see this thing turning out as...

Lmao :LOL: (Genuinely found that funny, I'm not being sarcastic)

You may be right, but we'll never know 'til we try! Its worked on other boards!

Hmm, depends how tolerant you are of quality though. I also feel a bit of a n00b doing even MORE My00ze stuff.

Lmao :LOL: (Genuinely found that funny, I'm not being sarcastic)

Hmm, depends how tolerant you are of quality though. I also feel a bit of a n00b doing even MORE My00ze stuff.

Oh come on. You actualy performed live, several times in an openly muse tribute act. You can;t complain about a little fun experiment like this. You're already too much of a n00bling groupie. :p

yo, BOD, this isnt gonna be something sold in shops, its just for a bit of fun.. I mean fuckit use the mic in ur webcam if u have to (ok maybe not but u get the picture.. :p) and as for feeling n00by, think of it this way.. you're not the one who comes into the thread to insult people who are trying to have a bit of fun. after all thats all this is: a bit of fun.

Archived