Kit and Tab Tribute Act

ADAM

I saw a band perform where the basically had this reall hot girl (excuse the lack of tact in my speaking when I know there is femeinin presence, but at least we all know now you're hot ) and she was just there for the sole purpose of dancing and shaking her bum on stage. and it actually made the whole lot sound and look alot better!!

you mean the zutons...

x x x

dwydav, you're not in plimera are you?

nope I aint.. I'm in a band whose name seems to be constantly changing so I can't actually give a name of the band I'm in :p who's plimera?

I can do bliss really well, if anyone wants to do that one. I could even do the live earls court version where he goes falcetto-mad at te end..

EDIT: I just Googled Plimera.. no offense if anyone is on this board, but their songs on their MySpace are quite poopy

shame i can't do drums

You can.....with another set of musicians....then we can have a wee bit of healthy competition! :)

KUDOS:

We should create a Kit and Tabbers Cover band. I've got dibs on drums!!

We could even turn it into a competition....oh the possibilities....

thats a damn good call, i may make a thread about it

get the best drummer, singer, guitarist and bassist...get them to somehow record all their parts seperately, then crazy bob can mix em together somehow :-s if that can be done

/KUDOS

:)

Beat ya to it! :p:LOL:

Current Status:

BAND 1

Got:

Bod on piano

Me on drums - Stockholm Syndrome

Simno on Guitar

MuseMatt on bass - Sunburn

~NoblameNoshame~ on backing / appregios

dwydav on matt bellamy sound-a-like - Hyper-Chondriac Music

Tracee on Triangle - New Born

With:

Crazy Bob on mixing/editing/mastering

and

Beast Love on Moral Support / Marketing - the tom kirk of the group

BAND 2

Got:

Dominic Howard on drums

I need a song from Bod, Simno and ~NoblameNoshame~, then we will start recording and let this thing start!

:D

Exactly....thats why if we all put one song in we can all play our fav song!

Current Status:

Got:

Bod on piano

Simno on Guitar - Showbiz

Tracee on Triangle - New Born (with glasto tapping) :D

and

Beast Love on Moral Support / Marketing - the tom kirk of the group

Need:

backing (if necessary)

Should it be done in this order?:-

* Me record drums - I send to Crazy Bob and MuseMatt

* MuseMatt records bass to drums and sends to Crazy Bob

* Crazy Bob mixes two tracks and sends final to Simno and Bod who record their parts and send them back to Crazy Bob.

* Crazy Bob then adds those tracks to the final and this gets sent to dwydav and Tracee who record their parts, sends them to Bob and we get the final piece?

???

I put forward Showbiz, and or Muscle Museum!

i would be up for a rival band, although my gutiar is dead :eek: parts were just ordered for USA today so if anyone wants to have another one in a few weeks (perhaps after the 1st band have done theirs) then we could either do the same setlist and see how they turn out (in terms of difference, not musical quality, simno would kick my ass :p)

also dont mind editing/mastering/mixing if anyone wants?

i would be up for a rival band, although my gutiar is dead :eek: parts were just ordered for USA today so if anyone wants to have another one in a few weeks (perhaps after the 1st band have done theirs) then we could either do the same setlist and see how they turn out (in terms of difference, not musical quality, simno would kick my ass :p)

also dont mind editing/mastering/mixing if anyone wants?

Again, I would offer to meet up to record some tracks but I'm too lazy. :LOL:

Current Status:

BAND 1

Got:

Bod on piano

Simno on Guitar - Showbiz

~NoblameNoshame~ on backing / appregios

Tracee on Triangle - New Born

BAND 2

Got:

Dominic Howard on drums

Matts Half Brother on guitar

With...

donbenjy on mixing/editing/mastering too

Beast Love on Moral Support / Marketing - the tom kirk of the groups

I need a song from Bod and ~NoblameNoshame~, then band 1 can start recording and let this thing start!

:D

not that i have a role in the actual music making atm, but are these covers gonna be like just studio "copies" or are they gonna be completely differnet styles to the songs? I was worknig on a acoustic groove cover about a year ago, but i forgot what i was playing and didnt write it down, and havn't played the groove for about half a year :p

edit: .WAV is the best for recording, its big, but no loss of quality

not that i have a role in the actual music making atm, but are these covers gonna be like just studio "copies" or are they gonna be completely differnet styles to the songs? I was worknig on a acoustic groove cover about a year ago, but i forgot what i was playing and didnt write it down, and havn't played the groove for about half a year :p

As close to how they play it as possible. We will have to decide as a band whether we do a live or studio version of a song...for example, the live version of stockholm is better than the recording, yet the recording of hyper-chondriac music may be better than a live version. Dya get me?

Format wise....mp3 or wav i suppose....thats what my N Track Studio uses - but it depends on what Crazy Bob and donbenjy can do.....

How is this going to work ,though? Each band has a random assortment of people who each seem to be able to play one or two songs. Which track will be picked?

There's approximately 6 in a band - if each band member picks a song the band has 6 songs to create. Some songs may be easy to people, some songs may be hard - thats the challenge! lol

YEah. Wondering if the DI out of my head, post comp and big muff, will be happy going into my soundcard.

I suspect not.

I don't even have a soundcard i could DI into.

lol thats why im glad to have my zoom multiFX :p nice simulated line out for headphones makes a nice line level for recording (with all the FX off of course)

I guess I could use my MultiFX, but it's crap...

Unless... I getcha. Take a signal out of the head and use the MultiFX as a buffer between amp and soundcard, sort of like impedance matching?

Archived