Now I'm not one for the condescending replies (Hi Frak, how you doin?) but how much do you know about Muse? :p

I explained what I meant later: "If you can choose between SS+riffs and Knights of Cydonia (or Take a Bow) as a gig closer, SS+riffs isn't the best choice. Would be perfect for main setlist closer, if you want, but after BH&R there are better options for closing a gig."

I know that first post of mine could sound "noobish", lol

What I meant it that if you can choose between SS+riffs and Knights of Cydonia (or Take a Bow) as a gig closer, SS+riffs isn't the best choice. Would be perfect for main setlist closer, if you want, but after BH&R there are better options for closing a gig.

Its the whole idea of overusing KoC as a show closer, which it has been. Take a Bow works too and can be used though. But I decided to close it out at 18, which works for a festival. Maybe chuck in TaB for an arena show.

Its the whole idea of overusing KoC as a show closer, which it has been. Take a Bow works too and can be used though. But I decided to close it out at 18, which works for a festival. Maybe chuck in TaB for an arena show.

After all is what Muse did, TaB was in most of the arena setlists. lol

I explained what I meant later: "If you can choose between SS+riffs and Knights of Cydonia (or Take a Bow) as a gig closer, SS+riffs isn't the best choice. Would be perfect for main setlist closer, if you want, but after BH&R there are better options for closing a gig."

I know that first post of mine could sound "noobish", lol

Out of those three, Stockholm probably is the best choice actually.

Knights has been overused (it's boring now) and when Take A Bow climaxes it leaves people wanting something afterwards.

Out of those three, Stockholm probably is the best choice actually.

Knights has been overused (it's boring now) and when Take A Bow climaxes it leaves people wanting something afterwards.

The choice shouldn't be influenced by how often a song is used as closer. And I love how TaB ends, i think it's the best way to end a gig (it's a matter of personal opinion, here)

First 3 albums:

Dead Star

New Born

Bliss

The Small Print

Fury

Citizen Erased

Apocalypse Please

Sunburn (piano)

Ruled By Secrecy

Megalomania

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Muscle Museum

Plug In Baby

Hyper Music

Agitated

-----

Showbiz

Stockholm Syndrome

Riffs

Taking songs I got from shuffle and trying to make a setlist out of them:

1. Bliss

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. Glorious

4. Cave

5. In Your World

6. I Belong To You

7. Apocalypse Please

8. Hysteria

9. Time Is Running Out

10. Nature_1

11. Dark Shines

12. Uno

13. Ashamed

14. The Small Print

15. Uprising

16. Invincible

17. Dead Star

18. Overdue

19. Soldier's Poem

20. Muscle Museum

21. Hate This And I'll Love You

22. Stockholm Syndrome

23. Megalomania

1. What's He Building intro

2. MK Ultra

3. Dead Star

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Easily

6. Supermassive Black Hole

7. Exo-Politics

8. Hysteria

9. Hyper Music

10. Citizen Erased

11. Butterflies and Hurricanes

12. Apocalypse Please

13. New Born

14. Bliss (extended)

15. Cave

16. Muscle Museum

17. Plug in Baby

18. Take a Bow

19. Knights of Cydonia

20. Stockholm Syndrome

Going to cause mass controversy by saying Knights of Cydonia should only be at the start or definite end of a gig, if Uprising is in the setlist I believe the only place for it is at the start, therefore Knights is the last song. Which should make the positioning of Knights and Uprising interesting if Matt continues to do the 'first song is from the latest album'

I know he did Plug-In first a few times in Europe but that was only once or twice and would have been pants, and hearing Uprising anywhere else in the setlist wouldn't have gone either

SS should be last if KoC is first in the setlist, but otherwise nah, recently he hasn't done the whole 'mass destruction' at the end of Stockholm so I don't see the point in it ending a gig unless he does it again

MWAH just needs to leave tbh, it's had its time, it isn't exciting and just drags out...just get on with the song!

Thank God I'm not the only person who thinks this.

I also think Charlie Chaplin's "Greatest speech ever made" (or maybe a shortened version) would be great as an intro.

1. Knights of cydonia

2. Supermassive blackhole

3. Map of Problematique + maggies farm

4. Interlude + Hysteria

5. Sing for Absolution

6. Ruled by Secrecy

7. The Gallery + piano thing + Space Dementia + guitar outro

8. Unnatural Selection

7. MK Ultra + Who knows who?

8. Dead Star

9. New born + Head up + Ashamed outro

10. Hangar 18 intro + Stockholm Syndrome + Township rebellion + Execution commentary + Endless Nameless.

11. Blackout

12. Bliss

13. Plug in Baby

14. Showbiz/Take a bow

Archived