1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite member of Define Tension

• Jorge (Bass)
    • Alex (Drums)
    • Eric (Vocals)
    • Beau (Guitar)
    • Chad (Guitar)

He was though. *pssht let's discuss these things in the modforum :D*

Fair enough then, but that reminds me.... were we meant to keep that copy of the FF schematic secret?

I'm guessing yes, but I only let Neil have it... what's the worst that could happen?

IxpwdHd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Put it this way, he doesn't belong in the Horrible Cover Thread.

If there was a Massive Twat Thread, maybe.

This makes me wonder why there isn't a massive twat thread. Maybe that's just what fabriboats are for.

My vote is for Beau, the most horrible cover ever...

I'm also quoting the spam bot because 1. It's funny and 2. When it gets deleted I won't get blamed for necrobumping.

Fair enough then, but that reminds me.... were we meant to keep that copy of the FF schematic secret?

I'm guessing yes, but I only let Neil have it... what's the worst that could happen?

IxpwdHd.jpg

where'd you get pikshur of mah neu leldano?

Actually, my electronics have improved. I learnt a lot from building a 3d printer, then accidentally having the heated print bed go on fire, then fixing it, then the power supply going on fire, and then fixing it again.

Just as a rule of thumb, trying to put 41A through a 20A power supply is bad bad bad.

/ot

where'd you get pikshur of mah neu leldano?

Actually, my electronics have improved. I learnt a lot from building a 3d printer, then accidentally having the heated print bed go on fire, then fixing it, then the power supply going on fire, and then fixing it again.

Just as a rule of thumb, trying to put 41A through a 20A power supply is bad bad bad.

/ot

Were you trying to print pints of guinness again or was this a separate issue?

And I would be the last person to make fun of someone's electrotronics skills. After all, it took me four tries to build a working fuzz face clone out of a BYOC kit.

at the risk of being slightly ot (move to general knt or whatever if needs be), I'll add a spoiler.

So the printer has a number of heated elements: the 2 x heaters for the extruders, and 1 x heater for the print bed. The two heaters for the extruders are fairly low current draw, maybe 0.25A each, if even that. The heat bed, however, is essentially a giant heating element. Typically, their current draw can range from 8A up to about 35A. The one I had, by my calculations, was supposed to draw about 14A, but because I wired it up wrong, it tried to draw about 41A. As a result, two power supplies were fried, and the heated bed was ruined.

• 2 months later...
Is it bad that I trawl through this thread late at night to make myself feel better? Swear some of these 'covers' make me seem like a fucking guitar god in comparison!

Not at all. I find it both comforting and infuriating,

One thing I definitely find insanely infuriating however is looking at covers of Unsustainable on YouTube and seeing people with thousands of views for the shitest covers ever

One thing I definitely find hilarious is when people seem to use my MIDI file for Unsustainable and the Whammy but (I think because of something in the way I export it) it makes everyone elses pitch shifting sound like Mario.

Yes shit covers are excellent

Not at all. I find it both comforting and infuriating,

One thing I definitely find insanely infuriating however is looking at covers of Unsustainable on YouTube and seeing people with thousands of views for the shitest covers ever

One thing I definitely find hilarious is when people seem to use my MIDI file for Unsustainable and the Whammy but (I think because of something in the way I export it) it makes everyone elses pitch shifting sound like Mario.

Yes shit covers are excellent

Thank god it's not just me then:LOL:

The worst is when somebody does a cover in a ridiculously out of tune guitar, I never know whether to laugh or cover my ears to prevent the inevitable bleeding!

Archived