Who is your favorite member of Define Tension  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite member of Define Tension

• Jorge (Bass)
    • Alex (Drums)
    • Eric (Vocals)
    • Beau (Guitar)
    • Chad (Guitar)

Im not saying he's the best by any means, I could never understand by he got so much hate though

Although he has been a right nob in all those comments

His brain will take any amount of praise or compliment and multiply it by 3000. If you say "that was an alright cover" he will translate it to "you are a fucking god omg I love you".

Put it this way, he doesn't belong in the Horrible Cover Thread.

If there was a Massive Twat Thread, maybe. But apart from being a dick he really doesn't deserve the hate. His covers are a lot better than a lot that I've seen, including ones done by kittens.

Gonna cry now :'(

Guest Batman.

I've always thought that it's a bit pointlessly mean to have a thread dedicated to finding out all covers that we don't like, and systematically demoralizing the person that did the cover.

It's funny at times to laugh at the arrogant ones, but some/most of these people are just beginners starting out, who haven't done a thing wrong other than play a song badly.

I can understand uploading stuff if you're shit. You aren't all that great and may want critique on your technique and stuff. Just like in places like Deviantart etc. I mean, I'm still pretty shit aswell, but I upload my shit to know what people think of it. They point out mistakes I might not notice myself and I improve.

That being said, terrible musicians that upload their videos and actually expect people to be spaffing about their 'amazing bellorz skills' are just fucking hilarious.

gsk

I can understand uploading stuff if you're shit. You aren't all that great and may want critique on your technique and stuff. Just like in places like Deviantart etc. I mean, I'm still pretty shit aswell, but I upload my shit to know what people think of it. They point out mistakes I might not notice myself and I improve.

That being said, terrible musicians that upload their videos and actually expect people to be spaffing about their 'amazing bellorz skills' are just fucking hilarious.

gsk

This is the thing, I agree with your first parating, but I honestly think the majority are what you describe in the second parating

ting

Yeah but Esparoba IS good though. Like I said, he's clearly a twat, but he plays at least as well and if not better than the majority of the people here who are giving him shit.

And besides, some of the beef here just goes way too far. Like when the Define Tension drummer posted here the other week. After everything that had been said here about him and his band, he would have had every right to show up and be pissed off, REALLY pissed off. But instead he took everything in good humour and just tried to go along with the joke. Yet he still got needlessly ripped to shreds? And to ridiculously harsh extremes.

I just think its way too much. Sure you might think someone isn't as good a musician as yourself, but there's really no need for all the shit.

I'm not a fan of this thread to be honest.

It is funny every now and again but I agree sometimes it goes too far. And too often. Someone (it was Kuller but for some reason I wrote someone) said that KnT as harsh yesterday and he was definitely right. It's pretty brutal in here if you aren't a regular.

Yeah but Esparoba IS good though. Like I said, he's clearly a twat, but he plays at least as well and if not better than the majority of the people here who are giving him shit.

And besides, some of the beef here just goes way too far. Like when the Define Tension drummer posted here the other week. After everything that had been said here about him and his band, he would have had every right to show up and be pissed off, REALLY pissed off. But instead he took everything in good humour and just tried to go along with the joke. Yet he still got needlessly ripped to shreds? And to ridiculously harsh extremes.

I just think its way too much. Sure you might think someone isn't as good a musician as yourself, but there's really no need for all the shit.

GONNA HAVE TO AGREE HERE.

It's true with Esparowankero, he is definitely decent, despite the fact he's an utter twat. I don't know what the drummer was expecting though.

If there was a Massive Twat Thread, maybe.

Sounds like a great idea :awesome:

This is true. I actually like this thread, mainly when I see the arrogant ones that I wonder how they at all thought uploading a cover was a good idea. But several times I've seen covers that aren't as bad, and some that are even better than I could do. Esparoba has made some great covers sometimes. Some meh ones of course (I didn't like his Forced In cover at all), but not worth all the hate he gets just cause the ego.

K&T in general can be a bit of an elitist group mainly cause it's smaller population. Sometimes it's hilarious like when you derailed that MM thread, sometimes it isn't like when the beef starts. I don't hang around with the Bantards enough to compare though.

Are people questioning the almighty Horrible Covers Thread? :eek:

:pope:

Esparoba has made some great covers sometimes. Some meh ones of course (I didn't like his Forced In cover at all), but not worth all the hate he gets just cause the ego.

K&T in general can be a bit of an elitist group mainly cause it's smaller population. Sometimes it's hilarious like when you derailed that MM thread, sometimes it isn't like when the beef starts. I don't hang around with the Bantards enough to compare though.

"the Bantards" :LOL::LOL:

He does have some great covers but I think he spreads himself too thin. His Hyper Music one was terrible. Same with his recent Sunburn. Put more time into one or two songs instead of 12 and he would be much better.

Well said.

Archived