Any other bands similar to Muse?

DarkChronic

Some of my friends think this song sound a bit like Muse. I don't think so, but I'm more into Muse and this band than they are I guess.

It's a norwegian band btw.

I'd say Fra sjåfør til passasjer is their most Muse-ish song, but still not that similar.

• 3 weeks later...

Radiohead's the closest band I can think of, but still it's hard to get them confused if you're a fan. Anyone else also think Matt sounded a bit like Serj Tankian in a couple of instances in the Resistance? Can't remember what song/s they were, but he did that little warble-thing with his voice that Serj does. :D

Radiohead's the closest band I can think of, but still it's hard to get them confused if you're a fan. Anyone else also think Matt sounded a bit like Serj Tankian in a couple of instances in the Resistance? Can't remember what song/s they were, but he did that little warble-thing with his voice that Serj does. :D

It was part of Unnatural Selection, the last "oooooooceaaaaan"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I recently discovered a scottish band called 'Tacado' who have a familiar sound

They used to have a more rockier song called Carnage up on YouTube, but since they've officially debuted with their own single their old youtube account was closed. That was pretty Musey. I have the song with me though. :p

ME, an australian band from Melbourne. They have been compared to Muse, Radiohead and Queen quite a lot. They seem to have 'incorporated' a few Muse riffs into some of their songs but in general I think they try to be a more extravagant version of Radiohead than Muse.

ME, an australian band from Melbourne. They have been compared to Muse, Radiohead and Queen quite a lot. They seem to have 'incorporated' a few Muse riffs into some of their songs but in general I think they try to be a more extravagant version of Radiohead than Muse.

I can't really hear radiohead in their album :erm: more like Muse but full bombast (and very ridiculous vocals)

I can't really hear radiohead in their album :erm: more like Muse but full bombast (and very ridiculous vocals)

Have you listened to their song called "Their Song"? It's Creep. And there are other parts of other songs that sound a lot like Radiohead, especially the ballad-esque part of Like A Fox.

Have you listened to their song called "Their Song"? It's Creep. And there are other parts of other songs that sound a lot like Radiohead, especially the ballad-esque part of Like A Fox.

Yep, I agree on the part of Their Song. Like A Fox is like a mix of Muse and early Radiohead, but for the most part ME sounds more like Muse but with a different style of over-the-topness rather than Radiohead. Of course, just my opinion, I may not hear what you hear.

Yep, I agree on the part of Their Song. Like A Fox is like a mix of Muse and early Radiohead, but for the most part ME sounds more like Muse but with a different style of over-the-topness rather than Radiohead. Of course, just my opinion, I may not hear what you hear.

It doesn't matter, really, cause they are fucking aweosme! haha

Hey, I was trying to find bands similar to Muse or bands that I feel are near their skill set. And so I saw your post about the band ME. Thanks so much for sharing because I freaking love them. It's been hard finding bands because my tastes are pretty stubborn. Luckily I have found a few that I really enjoy - A Silent Film, Hurts, and now thanks to you - ME!

I don't know if their name will hinder their popularity, but I really think highly of their music. Anyways...question: any idea what their logo / symbol means? It may just be random artwork , but I'm wondering if it has any significance. I am referring to the one which looks like a pokemon ball :D

Oh and what do you think of the album artwork? I am intrigued by them but it's hard finding much info

Hey, I was trying to find bands similar to Muse or bands that I feel are near their skill set. And so I saw your post about the band ME. Thanks so much for sharing because I freaking love them. It's been hard finding bands because my tastes are pretty stubborn. Luckily I have found a few that I really enjoy - A Silent Film, Hurts, and now thanks to you - ME!

I don't know if their name will hinder their popularity, but I really think highly of their music. Anyways...question: any idea what their logo / symbol means? It may just be random artwork , but I'm wondering if it has any significance. I am referring to the one which looks like a pokemon ball :D

Oh and what do you think of the album artwork? I am intrigued by them but it's hard finding much info

Just replied to your pm. :)

I really don't know much about them (mainly due to the lack of practicality in searching a band called "Me"), but I know they chose this name to confuse radio listeners when radio hosts have to introduce the band etc...

It doesn't matter, really, cause they are fucking aweosme! haha

They're a good band with an awesome vocalist (jealous :$) but the weak tracks on their debut album just puts me off. I'm only able to listen to the tracks from Even The Odd Ones Out with a custom playlist without some of the tracks. :LOL:

Do Muse even have a "sound" of their own any more that other bands can be compared to?

At the moment, I guess not. :erm: In general though, Muse do have elements that are used as comparison points e.g. the use of falsetto (or head voice or whatever, don't bash me vocal masters :p) being a common one, the classical influences, the use of epic orchestra (not that common I think...?) as well as any sort of guitar riffs that's similar to what Muse have done, etc. But of course, this is probably irrelevant to what you're saying. :chuckle:

At the moment, I guess not. :erm: In general though, Muse do have elements that are used as comparison points e.g. the use of falsetto (or head voice or whatever, don't bash me vocal masters :p) being a common one, the classical influences, the use of epic orchestra (not that common I think...?) as well as any sort of guitar riffs that's similar to what Muse have done, etc. But of course, this is probably irrelevant to what you're saying. :chuckle:

Actually I think that should answer his question.

Do Muse even have a "sound" of their own any more that other bands can be compared to?

Even being aware that Muse are basically a bashing of many different pre-existing sounds I do think they have something of a style of their own that I don't find very often. It's like something about their ability to take all these different aspects into their music and then crank it up shamelessly to full blast.

Archived