Any other bands similar to Muse?

DarkChronic

I don't see it either, although most of my friends just count Radiohead and Muse as the same band.

You're friends are fools! muse and radiohead, i really dont see the similarity! Tho in a Radiohead's Let Down, near the end i could swear it sounds like a matt n thom duet!! :ohmy:

I agree with the thing about Fear Of Music, but they are truly amazing, not as good as muse tho! lol! For anyone who hasnt heard of them BUY their Ep it is soooo good, these guys truly desrve fame! the guys in it are only 16-19 yrs of age, so what talent they have for that age is sooooo cool! its a must buy, and millions screaming is a must listen for ALL muse fans!!!!!

And Jeff Buckley.....one word.................legend! A legend that may be in his resting place but will never die in our hearts :'(

I love Muse and know a bit of DreamTheatre, and I must confess I don't see the similarity there... In melodic experimentation and lyrics they differ alot... MEW has been reffered before and I would like to reinforce their work. Although they have different melodic styles, you will find that soft, decaying, enchanted tone in them too (a characteristic for me in some of Muse's "slow" music).

3 Band muse seems to be most similar too are these:

(you may not like all three, but each remind me of muse for a different reason)

Radiohead: for the simply fact that Matt and the singer of Radiohead sound so alike (no really, they do, no buts, it's a fact) but the music is different, Give Radiohead a listen, they dont have as many uplifting anthems as muse do, but they have alot of deep stuff (everyone knows fade out and freak) and the've been around for eons, so you got yourslef alot of albums to collect if you find you like them.

The Mars volta: because of the level of technical ability (aka sheer talent) they have, The mars volta are like a 5 piece Muse, but again, dont expect any uplifting anthems, there brillient lyrics tell tales of murder, drug addiction & other nasty little occurances, brillient band though, they've been around for aprx 2 years, and just this year released the absolutly amazing "Frances the mute" album (I can't recommend it enough).

the producer of which is said to be doing muse's next album

Thw white stripes: yeah I know there not exactly jimi Hendrix guitaring & Joey Jordison drumming, but they are the only other band besides muse, that I get a nice warm feeling from listening too(including mars volta and radiohead), Jack's singing and song structuring is top notch, stay away from the singles released (blue orchid, 7 nation army etc) there best songs are hidden away on their albums

oh and like muse all three groups give absolutly amazing live shows

3 Band muse seems to be most similar too are these:

(you may not like all three, but each remind me of muse for a different reason)

Radiohead: for the simply fact that Matt and the singer of Radiohead sound so alike (no really, they do, no buts, it's a fact) but the music is different, Give Radiohead a listen, they dont have as many uplifting anthems as muse do, but they have alot of deep stuff (everyone knows fade out and freak) and the've been around for eons, so you got yourslef alot of albums to collect if you find you like them.

Although it would appear not everyone know's what it is called.

The Mars volta: because of the level of technical ability (aka sheer talent) they have, The mars volta are like a 5 piece Muse, but again, dont expect any uplifting anthems, there brillient lyrics tell tales of murder, drug addiction & other nasty little occurances, brillient band though, they've been around for aprx 2 years, and just this year released the absolutly amazing "Frances the mute" album (I can't recommend it enough).

the producer of which is said to be doing muse's next album

Frances The Mute isn't that great, get Deloused instead if your new to the Mars Volta. Frances is way overdone.

Although it would appear not everyone know's what it is called.
:p

Frances The Mute isn't that great, get Deloused instead if your new to the Mars Volta. Frances is way overdone.

I reckon it's class, maybe a tad over done yes, but it's just so damn interesting, i just found the decoder single (called "frances the mute", not actually on the album) after searching the 4 corners of the earth for it, and I still have 100 hundred questions to ask about the story of the album

• 1 year later...

this was a funny review

made me listen to that band

Vatican DC - Fountainhead

Artist: Vatican DC

Rating:

Let's play a game, kids. Let's imagine that Matt Bellamy has ended his intimate relationship with his guitar, and Tom Meighan's with himself. Let's ponder on what would happen if these, the frontmen of Muse and Kasabian respectively, got together. Let's picture their lovechild. While its looks remain a horrible mystery, you can bet that this amazing creation would sound a whole lot like Vatican DC.

'Fountainhead' is, in many respects, like 'Empire''s little brother. The stomping, ready-for-battle rhythms are there, as are the swaggering vocals from singer Steve Harris - the only difference being that of the tone sounding more Irish than Mancunian. Echoing piano parts and thrashing guitars, however, give a nod to daddy Bellamy.

It's safe to say that 'Fountainhead' is nothing new then - in fact, that futuristic-sounding loop sounds suspiciously like the Doctor Who theme. Matt Bellamy, Tom Meighan and David Tennant? Pretty impressive family you've got there, Vatican DC. It's a shame you're so keen to follow in their exact footsteps.

'Fountainhead' is released as a single through Red Flag on 7th May 2007.

Kirsty Cunningham

Fell City Girl

They were easily one of my favourite bands of all time and if you like the melodic end of Muse i guarentee you'll love them.

There will be an album from them soon and I really recommend to anyone reading this to listen, and if you like buy it. All four of their EP's sold out almost instantly so i'd pre book one as soon as there's more info!

...Early Queen.

And now some Musey songs:

The Subways-With You:The chorus is a bit like Plug In Baby

The Vines-Evil Town (don´t ask me why.Craig loves Muse,indeed.)

Some Morricone stuff (if you love KoC,that´s it)

The Ones Who Inspired The Inspiration:

Rage Against the Machine

Primus

Tom Waits

Rachmaninov

Smashing Pumpkins

System Of A Down

Deftones

...and the other bands mentioned.

Fell City Girl

They were easily one of my favourite bands of all time and if you like the melodic end of Muse i guarentee you'll love them.

There will be an album from them soon and I really recommend to anyone reading this to listen, and if you like buy it. All four of their EP's sold out almost instantly so i'd pre book one as soon as there's more info!

yh they sound good, except i cant stand these bands that sing with a distinct english accent (arctic monkeys, the feeling etc) and theres a faint hint at that in the vocals imo.

good band tho.

if you ask me i would say that muse are pretty damn unique, obviously there are influences like rage, and tom waits etc. but its all extrememly original, especially songs like space dementia, bliss, KoC etc. u should know the ones:D

yh they sound good, except i cant stand these bands that sing with a distinct english accent (arctic monkeys, the feeling etc) and theres a faint hint at that in the vocals imo.

good band tho.

Glad you liked them. Easily one of my favourite bands of all time.

Theres a good reason they sound British though. They're from England. :confused:

Archived